Welcome to Gaia! ::

Candy Korea
Yeah I mean South Korea. Possibly Japan too but not permanently. I would sta for a few years and leave. I'm deathly afraid of their earthquakes. gonk I live in Los Angeles so the only time I see snow is at the mountains in winter. It's iffy here. Work is too difficult to come by, a lot of people are rude (ESPECIALLY THE TEENAGERS OMG THE LITTLE SHITS. Lawl.), it is possible to have a catastrophic earthquake at any moment because of the San Andreas fault that LA is on, it's expensive to live here and it is kinda ghettoish here. But on a happier note, if you do meet good people, they are just so amazing, the mom and pop stores are delightful, ALL THE SHOPPING THAT CAN BE DONE HERE OMG LOLS, really good food, entertainment is everywhere, there is an abundance of ethnicities here, people can be creative, and there is SO much to do for a day out here. Parts of LA have very big ethnic communities. Little Tokyo, Koreatown, Olvera Street, Chinatown and etc.

I lived in Melbourne, and last year we had an earthquake of around magnitude 5, I think. That was the first time I experienced an earthquake in my 11 years I lived in Melbourne. And we aren't even near any fault lines, unlike, say New Zealand (where LOTR was filmed). We pride ourselves in being a very livable city- we got trams (streetcars as you call them- LA no longer has them if I recall but they learnt the error of their ways in removing them and rebuilt the streetcar lines and also threw the subway into the mix- I remember seeing an LA subway in the movie Volcano once), suburbia, a diverse multicultural background concentrated in both the western and northern parts (we have Italians, Lebanese, Greeks, Chinese, the lot), Eureka Tower, a good arts scene, and, well, think of Melbourne as Chicago mixed with Hoboken and New York City all in one. Or LA if you want to be more pedantic.

Quote:
If you have an education, you could get a decent job. Average rent for a 1 person apartment is EXPENSIVE. $900-$3000+ USD a month depending on where you live. My aunt has a really small 1 bedroom apartment in West Hollywood for about $14000 USD per month. Again, it's better to just visit rather than live here imo. That's my honest opinion of LA. I have not lived anywhere else besides LA.

I was considering moving to LA because I wanted to get a job at Caltech in the JPL, because The Big Bang Theory was set around the outskirts of LA, notably Pasadena, and because I think I would enjoy LA more than you did.
hhuhh ,, ya ??
Dewati
Candy Korea
Yeah I mean South Korea. Possibly Japan too but not permanently. I would sta for a few years and leave. I'm deathly afraid of their earthquakes. gonk I live in Los Angeles so the only time I see snow is at the mountains in winter. It's iffy here. Work is too difficult to come by, a lot of people are rude (ESPECIALLY THE TEENAGERS OMG THE LITTLE SHITS. Lawl.), it is possible to have a catastrophic earthquake at any moment because of the San Andreas fault that LA is on, it's expensive to live here and it is kinda ghettoish here. But on a happier note, if you do meet good people, they are just so amazing, the mom and pop stores are delightful, ALL THE SHOPPING THAT CAN BE DONE HERE OMG LOLS, really good food, entertainment is everywhere, there is an abundance of ethnicities here, people can be creative, and there is SO much to do for a day out here. Parts of LA have very big ethnic communities. Little Tokyo, Koreatown, Olvera Street, Chinatown and etc.

I lived in Melbourne, and last year we had an earthquake of around magnitude 5, I think. That was the first time I experienced an earthquake in my 11 years I lived in Melbourne. And we aren't even near any fault lines, unlike, say New Zealand (where LOTR was filmed). We pride ourselves in being a very livable city- we got trams (streetcars as you call them- LA no longer has them if I recall but they learnt the error of their ways in removing them and rebuilt the streetcar lines and also threw the subway into the mix- I remember seeing an LA subway in the movie Volcano once), suburbia, a diverse multicultural background concentrated in both the western and northern parts (we have Italians, Lebanese, Greeks, Chinese, the lot), Eureka Tower, a good arts scene, and, well, think of Melbourne as Chicago mixed with Hoboken and New York City all in one. Or LA if you want to be more pedantic.

Quote:
If you have an education, you could get a decent job. Average rent for a 1 person apartment is EXPENSIVE. $900-$3000+ USD a month depending on where you live. My aunt has a really small 1 bedroom apartment in West Hollywood for about $14000 USD per month. Again, it's better to just visit rather than live here imo. That's my honest opinion of LA. I have not lived anywhere else besides LA.

I was considering moving to LA because I wanted to get a job at Caltech in the JPL, because The Big Bang Theory was set around the outskirts of LA, notably Pasadena, and because I think I would enjoy LA more than you did.
It looks like LA itself is expensive, but some of the cities surrounding it are a little less. I've been looking into santa barbara (about 2 hours away)

Devoted Seeker

10,250 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Full closet 200
I spent two years studying in Japan, and I've been living and working in China for the past six years.

Now that I'm preparing to move back to the US, it's kind of sad. I don't really know what it's like to live at home anymore.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games