Welcome to Gaia! ::

If all goes well, I'll be moving to England in a couple of years.
sorry nevermind
ReRe_is_sweet
sorry nevermind
ReRe_is_sweet
sorry nevermind

I'm living in the US.
My significant other lives in Germany though. I spent the last summer there and really enjoyed it. I'm going back this summer and looking at some schools while I'm there.
Oh wow crazy, the time and distance must be so hard. I'm looking to move too because of a long distance relationship and it seems so hard to be able to get a job or a visa or actually move!

We've managed for nearly 2 years so far, might be a bit soon to plan on moving I guess sweatdrop
Thankfully or not I haven't had to deal with visas yet, since I haven't stayed long enough. I can imagine trying to get a job must be difficult when you don't currently live in the country that you're seeking employment in.
I just hit2 years with mine and i really want to move. But yea, with the visasI don't know if it's going to be possible sad

I'm lucky enough that my dorm is like right up the street from the German consulate nearest me so hopefully I won't have too much trouble.
there should be information about what visas you need for extended stays, cost, etc online though.
Yea, whenever I've looked there hasn't been much, and what there is I don't understand most of it. I need someone to translate all the fancy words to me probably.
Hemwood
If all goes well, I'll be moving to England in a couple of years.
What makes you want to move there? (If you don't mind me asking of course)
I've lived in Germany, France, and the UK for 4+ months each. On the whole it's been a wonderful experience and I would be happy settling in any of these countries on a more permanent basis - though that depends on the sorts of jobs I could get there!

Hardest part, if applicable, is going to be the difference in language. Neither French nor German are particularly hard languages for us anglophones to learn, but thinking/conversing in a foreign language every time you want to leave your home becomes exhausting.

Best part, ofc, is immersing yourself in the local culture, food, entertainment, and so on.

Would recommend it to anyone who had the opportunity.
ReRe_is_sweet
sorry nevermind
ReRe_is_sweet
sorry nevermind
ReRe_is_sweet
sorry nevermind

I'm living in the US.
My significant other lives in Germany though. I spent the last summer there and really enjoyed it. I'm going back this summer and looking at some schools while I'm there.
Oh wow crazy, the time and distance must be so hard. I'm looking to move too because of a long distance relationship and it seems so hard to be able to get a job or a visa or actually move!

We've managed for nearly 2 years so far, might be a bit soon to plan on moving I guess sweatdrop
Thankfully or not I haven't had to deal with visas yet, since I haven't stayed long enough. I can imagine trying to get a job must be difficult when you don't currently live in the country that you're seeking employment in.
I just hit2 years with mine and i really want to move. But yea, with the visasI don't know if it's going to be possible sad

I'm lucky enough that my dorm is like right up the street from the German consulate nearest me so hopefully I won't have too much trouble.
there should be information about what visas you need for extended stays, cost, etc online though.
Yea, whenever I've looked there hasn't been much, and what there is I don't understand most of it. I need someone to translate all the fancy words to me probably.

Hm, well the information about the visas I found wasn't exactly super helpful either confused
Where were you planning on going, if you don't mind me asking?
anamoureuse
I've lived in Germany, France, and the UK for 4+ months each. On the whole it's been a wonderful experience and I would be happy settling in any of these countries on a more permanent basis - though that depends on the sorts of jobs I could get there!

Hardest part, if applicable, is going to be the difference in language. Neither French nor German are particularly hard languages for us anglophones to learn, but thinking/conversing in a foreign language every time you want to leave your home becomes exhausting.

Best part, ofc, is immersing yourself in the local culture, food, entertainment, and so on.

Would recommend it to anyone who had the opportunity.
Did you have to get a visa to live there for that time?
sorry nevermind
ReRe_is_sweet
sorry nevermind
ReRe_is_sweet
sorry nevermind

Hm, well the information about the visas I found wasn't exactly super helpful either confused
Where were you planning on going, if you don't mind me asking?
From canada to california i think. That's where my boyfriend is.
I would love to move to Finland or Sweden in the near future.
Enkober
What makes you want to move there?
ReRe_is_sweet
Enkober

The people, the culture, the weather and also the music scene. heart
Enkober
ReRe_is_sweet
Enkober

The people, the culture, the weather and also the music scene. heart
hat sounds awesome. Have you been before?
I'm french.
I lived when I was young in Italy (for 2 years), went back in FRance and studied there. Went to Japan for one year, went to america for one year, went back to Japan for 2 years xd Now I'm back in France but I'd like to travel again. whee

The great thing is that you meet a lot of people, you see a lot of different points of view, culture. You're more open minded blaugh

Sometimes, when you travel people/things annoy you. Like milk in america stressed Or people pushing you in Japan and not apologizing. But I know that french are not perfect (people say we're arrogant, not polite, lazy..lol), every country has it's good/bad points
I want my kids to travel, go to a bilingual school.. but it's too expensive stare
I want to live in Australia.
I still love Canada, I just want to see what it's like for a few years.

Eloquent Gawker

I'm moving to S. Korea next month. :3 I'm not the best at learning languages, but I'm sure being immersed will help me out a ton.

@Lady Gag Me: You should try out the Working Visa for Australia! You get free reign to live/work/vacation for a year. I'm sure it'd be a good way to test the waters or make contacts for if you want to move there.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff