Welcome to Gaia! ::

Interesting Informer

10,175 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Marathon 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
moon light dreamer11
I do want to move to another country either somewhere in the UK or belgium or france.

gonk come to germany with me hahaahahahahh

Interesting Informer

10,175 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Marathon 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
so yeah, after I graduate I'm moving to Germany (I'm from belgium so it's just next door) :p

Benevolent Reveler

lordoftheringsfan
moon light dreamer11
I do want to move to another country either somewhere in the UK or belgium or france.

gonk come to germany with me hahaahahahahh
Lol XD what is college like in germany?
Maranduh
ReRe_is_sweet
Maranduh
I'm from Canada and have spent about half my time in China on and off for the past few years. I had taught myself Chinese for about a year before I went, but I had my now husband to help me. My Chinese was good enough to get by on my own when I did end up traveling alone after a few months though. I very much love it and miss it when I am back in Canada. I hope we can spend some consecutive years living there in the future. I've spent 4-5 months at a time in China but now officially moved there, I was always on a tourist/visitor visa. My husband is in the process of immigrating to Canada and the paperwork is pretty complicated but with a lawyer to help us it's not so bad, there is also a very long wait, it's a long process.

Anyway I am so so so happy that I decided to study Chinese and then that I met my husband and went to China and everything I've experienced as a result and I would very very much recommend to anyone to spend some time in another country beyond vacation/tourism or even just learning another language and culture. 3nodding
Wow! That's so amazing! Congratulations. What is the process of immigration like?

Thank you. We hired a lawyer to help us and she makes sure we have all the proper paperwork and tells us what would be helpful to our application and such and wrote a cover letter arguing in our favor. The papers get changed every so often so in the course of our getting ready to apply the forms were updated twice which meant she ha to alert us to that and give us the new forms, otherwise they would be returned and the process would be dragged out longer. Definitely worth it hiring her. I don't know what it's like for any other country but for Canada they have to approve me as a sponsor and make sure I can afford to provide for both of us and I sign a contract saying I am financially responsible for him and any debt he incurs, with or without my knowledge. On his side he has to provide proof of no criminal record, family information and proof of our relationship being genuine, pictures of us together and him with my family, pictures of our wedding, a copy of a wedding invitation, letters from his friends and family about us and pretty much anything else that can help to prove that our marriage is legit. It turns out to be a pretty big folder after all of that is put together.
Oh wow. I wonder if it's that difficult to go anywhere. That's crazy. I bet you it's crazy hard to get a dual citizenship then too.
ErinTringa
ReRe_is_sweet
That's completely understandable. I wish I qualified for more scholarships. Apparently if you live at home to be money efficient you don't count as needing financial aid. sad

Whaaaat? Awww, that sucks so much! I'm sorry D: If it makes you feel better, I get very little aid even though I have a 4.0 >.<

I've only gotten 3 scholarships and I've never gone below a 3.97 so I get it. It sucks!
well there's a possibility I'll end up in Germany when I finish up with school. I'm still considering trying to transfer to a college there, but I need to improve my German a lot for that sweatdrop
sorry nevermind
well there's a possibility I'll end up in Germany when I finish up with school. I'm still considering trying to transfer to a college there, but I need to improve my German a lot for that sweatdrop
Where are you living now? If you don't mind me asking.
ReRe_is_sweet
sorry nevermind

I'm living in the US.
My significant other lives in Germany though. I spent the last summer there and really enjoyed it. I'm going back this summer and looking at some schools while I'm there.
sorry nevermind
ReRe_is_sweet
sorry nevermind

I'm living in the US.
My significant other lives in Germany though. I spent the last summer there and really enjoyed it. I'm going back this summer and looking at some schools while I'm there.
Oh wow crazy, the time and distance must be so hard. I'm looking to move too because of a long distance relationship and it seems so hard to be able to get a job or a visa or actually move!
ReRe_is_sweet
sorry nevermind
ReRe_is_sweet
sorry nevermind

I'm living in the US.
Oh wow crazy, the time and distance must be so hard. I'm looking to move too because of a long distance relationship and it seems so hard to be able to get a job or a visa or actually move!

We've managed for nearly 2 years so far, might be a bit soon to plan on moving I guess sweatdrop
Thankfully or not I haven't had to deal with visas yet, since I haven't stayed long enough. I can imagine trying to get a job must be difficult when you don't currently live in the country that you're seeking employment in.
sorry nevermind
ReRe_is_sweet
sorry nevermind
ReRe_is_sweet
sorry nevermind

I'm living in the US.

We've managed for nearly 2 years so far, might be a bit soon to plan on moving I guess sweatdrop
Thankfully or not I haven't had to deal with visas yet, since I haven't stayed long enough. I can imagine trying to get a job must be difficult when you don't currently live in the country that you're seeking employment in.
I just hit2 years with mine and i really want to move. But yea, with the visasI don't know if it's going to be possible sad
ReRe_is_sweet

Oh wow. I wonder if it's that difficult to go anywhere. That's crazy. I bet you it's crazy hard to get a dual citizenship then too.

China doesn't allow duel citizenship so my husband will have to give up his Chinese citizenship when he becomes a Canadian citizen. He will be a "permanent resident" in Canada first though, I believe it takes 5 years before you can apply to become a citizen. If he was from a country that did allow duel citizenship though I believe it wouldn't make any difference, he would still wait 5 years and then just become a Canadian citizen and still be a citizen of his home country too. No extra fuss, I think.
Maranduh
ReRe_is_sweet

China doesn't allow duel citizenship so my husband will have to give up his Chinese citizenship when he becomes a Canadian citizen. He will be a "permanent resident" in Canada first though, I believe it takes 5 years before you can apply to become a citizen. If he was from a country that did allow duel citizenship though I believe it wouldn't make any difference, he would still wait 5 years and then just become a Canadian citizen and still be a citizen of his home country too. No extra fuss, I think.
Oh really? I'm not sure why I assumed you could be a dual citizen for anywhere. I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to worldly matters like that I suppose. Just a sign that I need to get out more and explore!
I have contemplated migration before, but I've come to realise that I'd rather not leave my family and home country behind because I love it too much, and I tend to get homesick everytime I go overseas for more than two weeks. But I do love traveling though, and one day, I hope to earn enough to allow me to do that at least once every two years. And the very first place I'd go to is Poland, because I'm interested in the culture and history there. Like, totally.

But I might be interested in living in Norway though. It's peaceful and beautiful, but I'm not quite sure whether I'd be able to take the standard of living there. Finland is lovely too.
ReRe_is_sweet
sorry nevermind
ReRe_is_sweet
sorry nevermind
ReRe_is_sweet
sorry nevermind

I'm living in the US.

I just hit2 years with mine and i really want to move. But yea, with the visasI don't know if it's going to be possible sad

I'm lucky enough that my dorm is like right up the street from the German consulate nearest me so hopefully I won't have too much trouble.
there should be information about what visas you need for extended stays, cost, etc online though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff