Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Wandering Yellow Bird
Id love to move to Japan or Korea, I dont know why, but it would just be so different compared to where I'm from, and I'm getting sick of my country >_< Even live there for a year or two, Id love that. I could never live overseas forever sad to hard to leave family and friends behind
Do you know either of the languages? Do you have a plan to move there or is it just somewhere you want to try maybe sometime?
Hayir
I stayed in the Czech Republic and England for 3 months each. I tried moving to Prague, but my visa wouldn't go through, which is a blessing in disguise because I'm now much more interested in moving to Chile.
Oh wow, that sounds so cool. What made you travel around like that? What was your overall experience with that?
Flameinexile
ReRe_is_sweet
WOW that's a pretty great change. Do you mind me asking what made you want to move there.

(^ー^)

Honestly, I just had to get away, and once I was here, I really liked it.
It was harder before I spoke Italian, now that I do I have no problems at all.

(^ー^)
That's so awesome. So it was a great experience then?

Invisible Heckler

13,500 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
ReRe_is_sweet
That's so awesome. So it was a great experience then?

(^ー^)

Well, it still is.
I love living here and can't imagine going "back".

(^ー^)
ReRe_is_sweet
atep diks
try to visit my country biggrin
Where's that?

indonesia , u know that ? xp
ReRe_is_sweet
atep diks
Where's that?

I'm from Canada and have spent about half my time in China on and off for the past few years. I had taught myself Chinese for about a year before I went, but I had my now husband to help me. My Chinese was good enough to get by on my own when I did end up traveling alone after a few months though. I very much love it and miss it when I am back in Canada. I hope we can spend some consecutive years living there in the future. I've spent 4-5 months at a time in China but now officially moved there, I was always on a tourist/visitor visa. My husband is in the process of immigrating to Canada and the paperwork is pretty complicated but with a lawyer to help us it's not so bad, there is also a very long wait, it's a long process.

Anyway I am so so so happy that I decided to study Chinese and then that I met my husband and went to China and everything I've experienced as a result and I would very very much recommend to anyone to spend some time in another country beyond vacation/tourism or even just learning another language and culture. 3nodding
atep diks
ReRe_is_sweet
atep diks
Where's that?

That would be such a huge change from here!
Maranduh
I'm from Canada and have spent about half my time in China on and off for the past few years. I had taught myself Chinese for about a year before I went, but I had my now husband to help me. My Chinese was good enough to get by on my own when I did end up traveling alone after a few months though. I very much love it and miss it when I am back in Canada. I hope we can spend some consecutive years living there in the future. I've spent 4-5 months at a time in China but now officially moved there, I was always on a tourist/visitor visa. My husband is in the process of immigrating to Canada and the paperwork is pretty complicated but with a lawyer to help us it's not so bad, there is also a very long wait, it's a long process.

Anyway I am so so so happy that I decided to study Chinese and then that I met my husband and went to China and everything I've experienced as a result and I would very very much recommend to anyone to spend some time in another country beyond vacation/tourism or even just learning another language and culture. 3nodding
Wow! That's so amazing! Congratulations. What is the process of immigration like?

Shameless Loiterer

9,300 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Ever lived in a foreign country? No. I've visited Spain, and it was a fun trip. Currently, I'm in the midst of planning my study abroad to Japan. So I guess I'll be living there for about 4 months. So I'll get back to you on that. If I could move to another country, I'd pick either Ireland, England, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, or Brazil.
ErinTringa
Ever lived in a foreign country? No. I've visited Spain, and it was a fun trip. Currently, I'm in the midst of planning my study abroad to Japan. So I guess I'll be living there for about 4 months. So I'll get back to you on that. If I could move to another country, I'd pick either Ireland, England, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, or Brazil.
Wow! That's cool. How did you get the ability to study abroad? Do you know the language?

Shameless Loiterer

9,300 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
ReRe_is_sweet
ErinTringa
Wow! That's cool. How did you get the ability to study abroad? Do you know the language?

I'm in my second year of Japanese as of right now. My university has a long-standing relationship with a Japanese university, so they always send our students over there and vice versa. So far it's actually looking like I'll get to go, but I won't breathe a sigh of relief till I see if my scholarships come through sweatdrop
ErinTringa
ReRe_is_sweet
ErinTringa

I'm in my second year of Japanese as of right now. My university has a long-standing relationship with a Japanese university, so they always send our students over there and vice versa. So far it's actually looking like I'll get to go, but I won't breathe a sigh of relief till I see if my scholarships come through sweatdrop
That's completely understandable. I wish I qualified for more scholarships. Apparently if you live at home to be money efficient you don't count as needing financial aid. sad
ReRe_is_sweet
Maranduh

Wow! That's so amazing! Congratulations. What is the process of immigration like?

Thank you. We hired a lawyer to help us and she makes sure we have all the proper paperwork and tells us what would be helpful to our application and such and wrote a cover letter arguing in our favor. The papers get changed every so often so in the course of our getting ready to apply the forms were updated twice which meant she ha to alert us to that and give us the new forms, otherwise they would be returned and the process would be dragged out longer. Definitely worth it hiring her. I don't know what it's like for any other country but for Canada they have to approve me as a sponsor and make sure I can afford to provide for both of us and I sign a contract saying I am financially responsible for him and any debt he incurs, with or without my knowledge. On his side he has to provide proof of no criminal record, family information and proof of our relationship being genuine, pictures of us together and him with my family, pictures of our wedding, a copy of a wedding invitation, letters from his friends and family about us and pretty much anything else that can help to prove that our marriage is legit. It turns out to be a pretty big folder after all of that is put together.

Shameless Loiterer

9,300 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
ReRe_is_sweet
That's completely understandable. I wish I qualified for more scholarships. Apparently if you live at home to be money efficient you don't count as needing financial aid. sad

Whaaaat? Awww, that sucks so much! I'm sorry D: If it makes you feel better, I get very little aid even though I have a 4.0 >.<

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff