Welcome to Gaia! ::

Designer Shopper

6,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Conversationalist 100
I got myself into the Hetalia* fandom recently. There isn't a Mexican character in it, and I just grew a little curious as to how people from other countries see Mexicans as people, or Mexico as a country.

I really don't know what to expect. Surprise me.

*For those who don't know about it, Axis Powers Hetalia is a Japanese webcomic that depicts the world nations (or at least quite a few of them) as humans, showing the stereotypes of its people as exaggerated character features. It pokes good fun all around at all the countries portrayed.
Little to No formal education whatsoever and work on menial jobs.

Spooky Researcher

20,775 Points
  • Bunstroyer 100
  • Miasmal Lake Champion 500
  • There are two sides... 50
Well Mexicans are hard working! ^_^ I used to have a Mexican classmate in our school, odd....he was the industrious one. The rest of my class....well mostly I'm half so lets say half-country students, were busy playing with their nose, or doing some random garbage.

I wont really say much other than that, except he was bullied in school, for being different.

I don't know where he is now but last time I heard hes taking up civil engineering. Cant say for my other classmates in high school, -shrugs- not my problem if they don't want to study.

Mexico itself maybe I don't know. I think its the country that doesn't give the opportunity to the people, not the people themselves. If given proper education and a kick up the butt, anything is possible.

The Spaniards really made a mess there in the medieval times.

11,500 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hive Mind 200
Everyone knows the Mexican hat dance? Nah just kidding... bah I don't really know too much about Mexicans. I just know that in California they were always doing the lower demeaning jobs. Also a lot of them were illegal immigrants which is one of the main reasons why they did those jobs... sweatdrop
they eat beans and rice with tortillas

and a lot of them live in california..

oh ya.. they speak spanish and work for lower wages heart

P.S

theyre suppose to be brown people

except a lot of them arent confused

Designer Shopper

6,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Eh, It's pretty much as bad as I thought. Most of the Mexican stereotype goes hand in hand with the Mexican immigrants to the US.
dramallama
...this is lame...

Designer Shopper

6,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Juneel
...this is lame...
I tend not to comment on things I think are lame.
well im Mexican/American and the only difference about mexicans and americans is that in mexico people are greatful for the little things that they have. everyday you see little kids playing with rocks and they look happier then ever. in American people want more then what they have and when they get more they think they diserve more.

Feral Shapeshifter

michigan_wings2009
well im Mexican/American and the only difference about mexicans and americans is that in mexico people are greatful for the little things that they have. everyday you see little kids playing with rocks and they look happier then ever. in American people want more then what they have and when they get more they think they diserve more.

Sadly, that's true 99.99% of the time. sad

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
-Uh, they mostly flock to either Texas or California. One of those two states.

- too many Mexicans work at fast food joints. I don't think I've ever seen a non-Hispanic working at McDonald's or Burger King before (except in Hawaii, where I saw Asians instead of Hispanics working at McDonald's).
Um, cactus, desert and tacos. sweatdrop

Yeah, I know it's not like that. But I was brought up with that kind of imagery. Ausse style.

Though I'm sure there are heaps of stereotypes for Aussie people too. xD

Just to clear things up, I actually DO ride on a kangaroo to school. :3

rofl

Designer Shopper

6,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Conversationalist 100
An Unknown Kunoichi
Um, cactus, desert and tacos. sweatdrop

Yeah, I know it's not like that. But I was brought up with that kind of imagery. Ausse style.

Though I'm sure there are heaps of stereotypes for Aussie people too. xD

Just to clear things up, I actually DO ride on a kangaroo to school. :3

rofl

Yeah, I can pretty much say I think Australia is full of tanned blondes who like surfing, can witstand a stupid amount of heat, like surf, and walk among wild animals and stuff. Gotta love the Australian accent, too.
The Kangaroo thing is awesome. xd

750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
im from the north of mexico in nuevo leon. Nuevo Leon is a very industrial city with a lot of culture and tecnology,please stop thinking mexicans are the dudes with the big hat and we live in the desert like speedy gonzalez.Youre thinking at the revolutionary war times. Thats from the Distrito Federal people they think they are the best in mexico but they arent the best. the best are all states with the exception of Distrito federal.
In nuevo leon we are people with a lot of solidarity. The people here are not like japan or england without feelings we are happy we like fiesta and we are busy at work. we are not like those countries with a lot of tecn ollogy because the goverment is more stupid and lazy than a old donkey

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff