Welcome to Gaia! ::

this my first time going to any other forum section other then the anime/manga section so anyways does anyone have any methods of learning japanese they are using and getting good results? for me im using the AJATT (All Japanese All The Time) method so far it pretty good but i have yet to finish teh kanji prt im up to kanji 865 rofl .

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
I'm learning Japanese through the Genki books. Everything is so organized in that book, and I'm getting an easier grasp on the grammar because of it. I also have a grammar barchart (as well as a vocabulary barchart) that looks like this: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show., and it shows you mostly everything you need to know about the particles.
charmed_sakura
I'm learning Japanese through the Genki books. Everything is so organized in that book, and I'm getting an easier grasp on the grammar because of it. I also have a grammar barchart (as well as a vocabulary barchart) that looks like this: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show., and it shows you mostly everything you need to know about the particles.

oh the genki books i've heard of them im thinking to buy one to get sentences from it.
I also recommend Genki. That's what I've been using in class. You can buy the teacher's stuff too (that way you can check your answers).

I also think JapanesePod101 is a great tool. If your ultimate goal is to someday get to Japan they have great conversational lessons that teach you important things like how to set up a bank account in Japan. They also break down the language in each dialogue as well as offering anywhere from beginner to expert level lessons. Its a fun site. The audio lessons are all free too biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff