Welcome to Gaia! ::

Moonlight Healer

24,000 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
Icysnowgirl

Oooh, thanks for useful info, Icysnowgirl!
I will look into the EPIK.

I did look and send a few resumes in Dave's ESL cafe, but I still did not get any responses yet...

Most on Dave's Cafe contains learning centers and not enough information about the employers' company/school because either their website is in chinese or not there on post.

Luckily, I do not have a loan to take care so I am safe but I am not sure about the spending if I do get teach over sea which I will calculate myself....

However, thank you again!

Lonely Gaian

10,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Serenitybunny
Icysnowgirl

Oooh, thanks for useful info, Icysnowgirl!
I will look into the EPIK.

I did look and send a few resumes in Dave's ESL cafe, but I still did not get any responses yet...

Most on Dave's Cafe contains learning centers and not enough information about the employers' company/school because either their website is in chinese or not there on post.

Luckily, I do not have a loan to take care so I am safe but I am not sure about the spending if I do get teach over sea which I will calculate myself....

However, thank you again!
No problem! I remember doing the job search so well.... >.<;;

I'll have more time to help you sort through some things/give advice this weekend when I'm not exhausted by the end of a work day.

A lot of Dave's Cafe is learning centers and there are very few times you can get a lot of information from a company or school. Especially directly from that site. Think of it as the Newspaper's Classified section and you have to do your own leg work (or google work!) to learn more about each company. Until they start making offers/you are at the interview stage, honestly your best bet is to just send off resumes to every listing that looks possible to you based on your situation. Until you get a nibble, you don't need to waste time checking out if the place seems good to work for!

Also, get Google Chrome. I don't know about Chinese, but they can do a semi-decent job translating Japanese and I assume Korean. You obviously won't have the BEST of translations, but you can get a working idea. And some times, if you have an especially bad school on your hands, former employees will take to posting online about their experiences there, letting you know about some of the horror stories. Always take those with a grain of salt though, since only the especially bad normally take to venting online. The majority of experiences tend to be much more mild and since they aren't so upsetting, people don't feel the urge to post about them. Of course, if the situation is bad and they are a Chinese school, you'd have to wait for the teachers to be out of China for a hope of it being posted and not taken off the internet.

Yea, it is really hard to figure out cost of living with some situations, since it really depends country to country and even area to area. >.<

No problem~! <3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces