Welcome to Gaia! ::

Impaler Prince

Icysnowgirl
Right now, I'm in the Kanto Area, which I honestly didn't enjoy for most of the time I've been here so far. sweatdrop I already dislike summer and heat to start with (*points to her name*), and this area is known for awful summers. crying

Previously I lived up in Hokkaido. It was an absolute dream come true for me in terms of weather and atmosphere. emotion_kirakira emotion_bigheart

As for my job, it really honestly depends on the teacher I'm paired with for the class and the situation at the school. I've had schools that were so amazing, welcoming, and all around genki that I loved every day of work and would often stay an extra 1-3 hours to spend time with the students or to put in extra effort into my lessons to try to make the classes as enjoyable as possible! But I've also had schools where I felt trapped, like I was mostly there to be an accessory/pet foreigner and where they only wanted me to do the "Repeat after me" stuff. So, it is hard to say if I like or dislike the job. XD

WHOA! eek Checking out the link you posted below, it does look freakin' amazing!! Next time I see Civ 4 on sale, I'll look into picking it up so I can try out the mod. ninja

I'm nervous because I'm a bit more out of shape than I was before I came to Japan and I'd want to go in as an officer instead of enlisted. Additionally, I'm already 26. There are age limits to these kind of things. (My arms, so weak! Can barely do a single push up any more! And I've NEVER been able to do pull ups! gonk crying )
Oh, man. I know how you feel. Dx The Summer/Fall time is soooooo humid here, and it's almost always raining! It's just now starting to cool down here, although it's still raining pretty much every day, but the temperature's been so nice!

Hokkaido. +____+ I love the milk, and milk candies from there.

Oh, wow. I don't think I'd be able to put up with that. But....then again, it's pretty much the same with what I do. xD Depends on where you work, who you work with, and who you work for.

I loved it! But don't trust the Hippus. They stabbed me in the back everytime. Little ********. <w<

You'll be fine! Especially if you go officer. xD Everything is pretty much cake, for them. There IS an age limit, but I have women in my division who were upwards of 32! You don't have to do pull ups. xD Just lots and lots and lots of push ups. And mountain climbers.

Lonely Gaian

10,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Transylveining
Icysnowgirl
Right now, I'm in the Kanto Area, which I honestly didn't enjoy for most of the time I've been here so far. sweatdrop I already dislike summer and heat to start with (*points to her name*), and this area is known for awful summers. crying

Previously I lived up in Hokkaido. It was an absolute dream come true for me in terms of weather and atmosphere. emotion_kirakira emotion_bigheart

As for my job, it really honestly depends on the teacher I'm paired with for the class and the situation at the school. I've had schools that were so amazing, welcoming, and all around genki that I loved every day of work and would often stay an extra 1-3 hours to spend time with the students or to put in extra effort into my lessons to try to make the classes as enjoyable as possible! But I've also had schools where I felt trapped, like I was mostly there to be an accessory/pet foreigner and where they only wanted me to do the "Repeat after me" stuff. So, it is hard to say if I like or dislike the job. XD

WHOA! eek Checking out the link you posted below, it does look freakin' amazing!! Next time I see Civ 4 on sale, I'll look into picking it up so I can try out the mod. ninja

I'm nervous because I'm a bit more out of shape than I was before I came to Japan and I'd want to go in as an officer instead of enlisted. Additionally, I'm already 26. There are age limits to these kind of things. (My arms, so weak! Can barely do a single push up any more! And I've NEVER been able to do pull ups! gonk crying )
Oh, man. I know how you feel. Dx The Summer/Fall time is soooooo humid here, and it's almost always raining! It's just now starting to cool down here, although it's still raining pretty much every day, but the temperature's been so nice!

Hokkaido. +____+ I love the milk, and milk candies from there.

Oh, wow. I don't think I'd be able to put up with that. But....then again, it's pretty much the same with what I do. xD Depends on where you work, who you work with, and who you work for.

I loved it! But don't trust the Hippus. They stabbed me in the back everytime. Little ********. <w<

You'll be fine! Especially if you go officer. xD Everything is pretty much cake, for them. There IS an age limit, but I have women in my division who were upwards of 32! You don't have to do pull ups. xD Just lots and lots and lots of push ups. And mountain climbers.
I believe it! From what I've heard, Kyushu is worse than Kanto! gonk Ugh, I hate being caught in the rain when I have to go to work or I'm coming home from work. >< I don't mind it as much if I'm going out just to enjoy the rain, I love the feeling of rain on my skin. But I hate being wet when I need to GET some place, you know? TwT

You MUST visit it!!! It's so fantastic! In fact, I strongly recommend you and your sweetie look into taking time off (if you can? I'm really not sure about how it is done in the military) for the Yuki Matsuri. It's really quite an experience. heart

There are days I can put up with it better and there are days I have no tolerance. Overall, I feel like I've become more willing to go with the flow because of this job, but I also feel like I've lost a lot of my work ethic and exacting requirements of my quality. >< It's been a trade off. I'm sure that if I was in a different job or school again, I'd probably pick up on my workaholic nature again. xD

Ahahahahahaha~! X3

My father was Enlisted and became Officer, so he told me a little bit about the differences. 3nodding It feels a little weird for me, the idea of going in as an Officer instead of spending time as an Enlisted before becoming Officer, but it is apparently harder to start as Enlisted and move onto Officer if you have the college degree/are older just because you need to hit the top ranks of Enlisted before going to OTS, yes?

Are they like, 32 when they joined? Because there's an age limit for when you can join too. xD

Gotta work on those pushups then. T_____________T;; And what on earth is a mountain climber?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff