Welcome to Gaia! ::

Impaler Prince

Hello! I am currently living in Japan, and am looking for people to explore and travel around the country with. I speak English, German, Russian, Romanian, and basic Japanese. I can pay my own way around, just looking for someone to experience it with. Thank you for your interest! Please feel free to pm me if you're in the area.

Lonely Gaian

10,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Transylveining
Hello! I am currently living in Japan, and am looking for people to explore and travel around the country with. I speak English, German, Russian, Romanian, and basic Japanese. I can pay my own way around, just looking for someone to experience it with. Thank you for your interest! Please feel free to pm me if you're in the area.
What part of Japan are you in and what are you doing there? smile

Impaler Prince

Icysnowgirl
Transylveining
What part of Japan are you in and what are you doing there? smile
I'm on Kyushu, and I'm in the military. c:

Lonely Gaian

10,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Transylveining
oh cool! What branch? And I assume US military?

Impaler Prince

Icysnowgirl
Transylveining
Ahah, yes ma'am. I'm in the Navy.

Lonely Gaian

10,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Transylveining
Icysnowgirl
Transylveining
That works! My father was AF, but I've a cousin in the Marines who met his wife down in Okinawa. 3nodding ^^

What's your age range, dearie? Early 20s? Mid? 30s?

Impaler Prince

Icysnowgirl
Transylveining
Icysnowgirl
Transylveining
That works! My father was AF, but I've a cousin in the Marines who met his wife down in Okinawa. 3nodding ^^

What's your age range, dearie? Early 20s? Mid? 30s?
Boyfriend is transferring down to Okinawa. c:

I am 22 years old, but act like I'm about 30 - 35. I don't the partying and binge drinking that the rest of my age group seems to prefer every weekend. I'm much happier having a quiet dinner and a movie date on a Saturday night with the boyfriend, followed by some late night gaming and a couple beers. We laugh all the time because when we're coming back from the gym or getting ready to turn in for the night, we see the people we work with just heading out for a night they won't remember.

Lonely Gaian

10,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Transylveining

I am 22 years old, but act like I'm about 30 - 35. I don't the partying and binge drinking that the rest of my age group seems to prefer every weekend. I'm much happier having a quiet dinner and a movie date on a Saturday night with the boyfriend, followed by some late night gaming and a couple beers. We laugh all the time because when we're coming back from the gym or getting ready to turn in for the night, we see the people we work with just heading out for a night they won't remember.
I can already tell we are going to get along incredibly well. whee heart

My last group of friends back when I lived up north were the partying and binge drinking crowd. I can drink to keep up with them for the first hour or so, but I get so bored and restless at those kind of parties unless there's a new face that I can try to get to know or I haven't seen a particular friend in ages. But gaming and beers sounds like a fantastic time to me! surprised

Awww, did you meet your sweetie on base? :3 <3 (Sorry, I don't remember what Navy folks call their Bases/Posts. gonk sweatdrop )

Impaler Prince

Icysnowgirl
Transylveining

My last group of friends back when I lived up north were the partying and binge drinking crowd. I can drink to keep up with them for the first hour or so, but I get so bored and restless at those kind of parties unless there's a new face that I can try to get to know or I haven't seen a particular friend in ages. But gaming and beers sounds like a fantastic time to me! surprised

Awww, did you meet your sweetie on base? :3 <3 (Sorry, I don't remember what Navy folks call their Bases/Posts. gonk sweatdrop )
Hooray! emotion_kirakira

Yeah, definitely not a fan. I might go out with work friends to celebrate a birthday or holiday, but that only happens a handful of times a year. Do you like yakiniku? They have "all you can eat and drink for two hours" specials at a yakiniku place here. The food is good, and they have excellent chu hi's! What kind of platform do you use? We're big PC gamers, but we have a 360 and PS3, too.

Yes! He's Medical, and I'm Security. We met at a mutal friend's Christmas party last year, and he asked me out shortly after New Year's. Can't believe it's almost been a year, already!

Lonely Gaian

10,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Transylveining
Icysnowgirl
Transylveining

Hooray! emotion_kirakira

Yeah, definitely not a fan. I might go out with work friends to celebrate a birthday or holiday, but that only happens a handful of times a year. Do you like yakiniku? They have "all you can eat and drink for two hours" specials at a yakiniku place here. The food is good, and they have excellent chu hi's! What kind of platform do you use? We're big PC gamers, but we have a 360 and PS3, too.

Yes! He's Medical, and I'm Security. We met at a mutal friend's Christmas party last year, and he asked me out shortly after New Year's. Can't believe it's almost been a year, already!
Oh man, I love yakiniku!! Those specials are the absolute best! I love eating so much in Japan. It is definitely one of the things I'm seriously going to miss when I go home. gonk heart

Mostly I game on my iPhone now. When I have time, I do a few rounds of Civ 5 on my computer, and a couple of indie games. I used to be mainly a console girl and I tended more towards Nintendo stuff. 3nodding

Awwwwwwww~!! emotion_kirakira That's so sweet!!! How long have you been in the service?

Impaler Prince

Icysnowgirl
Transylveining
Icysnowgirl
Transylveining

Hooray! emotion_kirakira

Oh man, I love yakiniku!! Those specials are the absolute best! I love eating so much in Japan. It is definitely one of the things I'm seriously going to miss when I go home. gonk heart

Mostly I game on my iPhone now. When I have time, I do a few rounds of Civ 5 on my computer, and a couple of indie games. I used to be mainly a console girl and I tended more towards Nintendo stuff. 3nodding

Awwwwwwww~!! emotion_kirakira That's so sweet!!! How long have you been in the service?
Srsly! The ramen stands, fresh sushi....the food here is amazing! Blake and I talk about how we're going ot miss it when we finally have leave, too. Are you stationed here with family, or an exchange student?

Ooooh, have you played the Heaven and Hell mods for Civ V?

Coming up on two years, in Decemeber. Time has really flown, man. It feels like just yesterday was January!

Lonely Gaian

10,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Transylveining
Srsly! The ramen stands, fresh sushi....the food here is amazing! Blake and I talk about how we're going ot miss it when we finally have leave, too. Are you stationed here with family, or an exchange student?

Coming up on two years, in Decemeber. Time has really flown, man. It feels like just yesterday was January!
I seriously think one of my favorite things to do here is just eating. XD I am actually an ALT. :3 I 'teach' English to Japanese JHS students. Or so my resume claims. sweatdrop

I haven't! What are they like? surprised

Oh man! You joined around the same time I became an ALT!! I was thinking about joining the military after I did a bit of time here, but I'm nervous I won't qualify. sad

Impaler Prince

Icysnowgirl
Transylveining

I seriously think one of my favorite things to do here is just eating. XD I am actually an ALT. :3 I 'teach' English to Japanese JHS students. Or so my resume claims. sweatdrop

Oh man! You joined around the same time I became an ALT!! I was thinking about joining the military after I did a bit of time here, but I'm nervous I won't qualify. sad
That's really cool! Do you like it, where you are? Is your job fun?

Oh! My bad. It's called "Fall From Heaven", and it's a mod for CIV 4. BUT, it's AMAZING. You will never play CIV the same way again. You can play as entirely different races, like vampire, werewolves, different kinds of angels and demon, and they all have their own style of game play. It's freaking awesome.

Why so nervous? owo It's not hard. Boot camp is tough, but not impossible, and it'll be over before you realize.

Impaler Prince

Icysnowgirl
Quote:
Here's a list of the races, btw. emotion_kirakira

http://kael.civfanatics.net/images/Civs.jpg

Lonely Gaian

10,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Transylveining
Icysnowgirl
Transylveining

That's really cool! Do you like it, where you are? Is your job fun?

Oh! My bad. It's called "Fall From Heaven", and it's a mod for CIV 4. BUT, it's AMAZING. You will never play CIV the same way again. You can play as entirely different races, like vampire, werewolves, different kinds of angels and demon, and they all have their own style of game play. It's freaking awesome.

Why so nervous? owo It's not hard. Boot camp is tough, but not impossible, and it'll be over before you realize.
Right now, I'm in the Kanto Area, which I honestly didn't enjoy for most of the time I've been here so far. sweatdrop I already dislike summer and heat to start with (*points to her name*), and this area is known for awful summers. crying

Previously I lived up in Hokkaido. It was an absolute dream come true for me in terms of weather and atmosphere. emotion_kirakira emotion_bigheart

As for my job, it really honestly depends on the teacher I'm paired with for the class and the situation at the school. I've had schools that were so amazing, welcoming, and all around genki that I loved every day of work and would often stay an extra 1-3 hours to spend time with the students or to put in extra effort into my lessons to try to make the classes as enjoyable as possible! But I've also had schools where I felt trapped, like I was mostly there to be an accessory/pet foreigner and where they only wanted me to do the "Repeat after me" stuff. So, it is hard to say if I like or dislike the job. XD

WHOA! eek Checking out the link you posted below, it does look freakin' amazing!! Next time I see Civ 4 on sale, I'll look into picking it up so I can try out the mod. ninja

I'm nervous because I'm a bit more out of shape than I was before I came to Japan and I'd want to go in as an officer instead of enlisted. Additionally, I'm already 26. There are age limits to these kind of things. (My arms, so weak! Can barely do a single push up any more! And I've NEVER been able to do pull ups! gonk crying )

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff