Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
안녕! 나는 Marissa 예요. 반갑습니다!

Yeah....my Korean language ability is very basic, but I try my best! xD

Anyways, I just read through this entire thread ('cause I have time on my hands to do that) and I'm so happy that other people love Korean culture like me! (not a Korean, fyi lol).

Anyways, random question now~
How do you teach English overseas without knowing the language of the students you're teaching? It's always struck me as impossible, yet I hear of people who do so all the time! Anyone care to explain this to me? aha ^-^;

8,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
SweetLilyxx

Anyways, I just read through this entire thread ('cause I have time on my hands to do that) and I'm so happy that other people love Korean culture like me! (not a Korean, fyi lol).

How do you teach English overseas without knowing the language of the students you're teaching? It's always struck me as impossible, yet I hear of people who do so all the time! Anyone care to explain this to me? aha ^-^;

The Korean school system actually preferred Native Speaker Teachers to not know the language - that way we'd always speak in English and not revert to Korean in class.

The idea is for them to be able to absorb the language. The students still have regular English class with their Korean teacher who will teach them the grammar and whatnot.

4,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Cerise Chinoise
SweetLilyxx

The Korean school system actually preferred Native Speaker Teachers to not know the language - that way we'd always speak in English and not revert to Korean in class.

The idea is for them to be able to absorb the language. The students still have regular English class with their Korean teacher who will teach them the grammar and whatnot.

OH. I see! :'D
I wasn't aware that the students would still have class with their Korean teacher. Ah, this makes sense now....^^;

Thank you for the explanation! Or, should I say, 정말 감사합니다~

8,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
SweetLilyxx
Cerise Chinoise
SweetLilyxx

I wasn't aware that the students would still have class with their Korean teacher. Ah, this makes sense now....^^;

[/quote

Haha, no problem! smile

Also, is that G-Dragon in your sig?

4,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Cerise Chinoise
SweetLilyxx
Cerise Chinoise
SweetLilyxx

[/quote

Haha, no problem! smile

Also, is that G-Dragon in your sig?

Aha, yes, it is he! C: It's a part from the Knockout music video, by GD&TOP.

I absolutely adore GD (and the rest of Big Bang)! <3 Besides Jang Geun Suk ( whee ), he is my favorite Korean idol~

Are you a fan as well? 4laugh
Cerise Chinoise
JohnKeung777
Cerise Chinoise
Heyo ~ I'm resurrecting this from...3 years ago sweatdrop
Hello, how are you?

Haha, I'm good. Now I've just been hanging around the Korean Americans in K-TOWN in LA!

That's awesome. I am still in south Florida for school. I have been attending university from January 2011.

8,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
SweetLilyxx

Yes, I listened to Big Bang all the time when I was in Korea! I've been out of touch with them recently though. I think 2PM is my more listened to KPOP boy band at the moment!

8,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
JohnKeung777
Cerise Chinoise
JohnKeung777
Cerise Chinoise
Hello, how are you?

Haha, I'm good. Now I've just been hanging around the Korean Americans in K-TOWN in LA!

That's awesome. I am still in south Florida for school. I have been attending university from January 2011.

Haha I finished university a couple months before I started this thread!!

Does this mean you have another 3-4 years of school?

4,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Cerise Chinoise
SweetLilyxx

Yes, I listened to Big Bang all the time when I was in Korea! I've been out of touch with them recently though. I think 2PM is my more listened to KPOP boy band at the moment!

Awesome! heart It's always good to meet another fan~

And yeah, I understand. Though the majority of the time I'm all about Big Bang, I'll go through times where I'm only listening to MBLAQ, Super Junior, Beast, or SHINee. whee

I like 2PM too, though. And 2AM. And alot of other groups. xD
Cerise Chinoise
JohnKeung777
Cerise Chinoise
JohnKeung777
Cerise Chinoise
Hello, how are you?

Haha I finished university a couple months before I started this thread!!

Does this mean you have another 3-4 years of school?
Actually, I have one and half year left to finish school. =)

Friend

greetings from seoul~ (which im here temporarily, TBH i miss the states!)

one thing i love about being here is the DELICIOUS food, ADORABLE clothes,
& you can just about find & buy ANY kind of makeup/skincare :3
not to mention sometimes running into celebs *o*
going to korea next summer for vacation. uhuhuhu u_u ~
[G r a c e]

omg which celebs have you run into? ugggh seoul seems so flasdkjsdf *o* i would love to live there.

Friend

chwan
[G r a c e]

omg which celebs have you run into? ugggh seoul seems so flasdkjsdf *o* i would love to live there.

haha, i was walking out of the mall & there was a massive amount of people in a circle!
it was some rookies called ' JJ project ' wish i couldve got a picture & sign u_u but there are obstacles you have to do beforehand to get there. ;u; but it was fun nonetheless!

tbh, i would neverrr want to live here! i like my university & friends back in the states :3 & driving where i want to go! its too crowded here, driving here is ridiculous --never never drive here, ASIA in general hah~! (& since im not use to it, its hard to find my way around too~)
[G r a c e]
chwan
[G r a c e]

haha, i was walking out of the mall & there was a massive amount of people in a circle!
it was some rookies called ' JJ project ' wish i couldve got a picture & sign u_u but there are obstacles you have to do beforehand to get there. ;u; but it was fun nonetheless!

tbh, i would neverrr want to live here! i like my university & friends back in the states :3 & driving where i want to go! its too crowded here, driving here is ridiculous --never never drive here, ASIA in general hah~! (& since im not use to it, its hard to find my way around too~)
ohhh i've heard of them~ LOL.

but so much shopping and pretty korean boys, right?! *u*
what are you doing in seoul?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out