Welcome to Gaia! ::

If I want to say something like... "Come to my house this weekend"
Is this correct?
うち に しゅまつ に きます。
I'd put しゅまつ に first, but that's just me.

Also I'd probably make it a question, but only because that's politer. And it would actually sound like I'm talking to another person.
I would say: あなたが今週末に私の家に来ませんか? (あなたがこんしゅまつにわたしのうちにきませんか?)
I think when asking someone something like that---making plans/suggestions for a plan---that you are supposed to use the negative verb form... Kinda like "Wouldn't you like to come to my house this weekend?"

I could be wrong though.
ありがとう ございます。
今週末うちに来ませんか?

That'd be the most basic way to ask someone to come over on (this) weekend.
Adding "anata ga" in the expression is a bit redundant since body language or even the situation indicates who is being asked.

008ken_ichijouji and Nytyngayl are right in that you turn things into a request when making an invitation (the command form is more of a command than an invitation in Japanese).
008ken_ichijouji
I would say: make your damn font bigger so people don't have to make special efforts to read it.

It might be (usually) fine at that size for English, but Japanese? Give me a break. rolleyes
PAnZuRiEL
008ken_ichijouji
I would say: make your damn font bigger so people don't have to make special efforts to read it.

It might be (usually) fine at that size for English, but Japanese? Give me a break. rolleyes

Geez, calm down. Not that big of deal. I am used to reading small font, so I don't think it's so small and no one's said anything about it for ages so it must not be such a problem to most people. If it's so much trouble, skip my post please. Didn't realize I was answering a question of yours anyway.
Fakin Pop
今週末うちに来ませんか?

That'd be the most basic way to ask someone to come over on (this) weekend.
Adding "anata ga" in the expression is a bit redundant since body language or even the situation indicates who is being asked.

008ken_ichijouji and Nytyngayl are right in that you turn things into a request when making an invitation (the command form is more of a command than an invitation in Japanese).

Yeah, I was hesitant to put in ”あなたが” since the person's probably already talking with the person, but I didn't know the situation and I was trying to come up with a situation where maybe it'd be needed. lolz
008ken_ichijouji
PAnZuRiEL
008ken_ichijouji

Geez, calm down. Not that big of deal. I am used to reading small font, so I don't think it's so small and no one's said anything about it for ages so it must not be such a problem to most people. If it's so much trouble, skip my post please. Didn't realize I was answering a question of yours anyway.

Only problem I have with that is reading the kanji. >w>
It's so small, you cannot really work it out.
Yeah, for some of the kanji it's sometimes difficult, especially for kanji with radicals that have several confined strokes. But often times it's generally easy to tell. Oh well.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff