Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Hunter

Ruthless Gekko

Word. I know I'm kind of late to this forum, but I just need to vent. The other day, this boy thought I was full white, and when he figured out I was only half he called me a mongrel T-T
So cruel...
"What are you?" is something I've gotten a lot. stare

Dangerous Sex Symbol

9,400 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
i mean really.
so what if it's only 1/2?

makes me mad also.

Space Phantom

10,900 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
I think the more annoying ones are the one who think because you're half, you encompass all the stereotypes of the dominant culture (I'm half Mexican, so I must love beans and spicy food, speak fluent Spanish and have a Chihuahua along with some husband with roach killers spitting out his babies in a clean house and watch telenovelas when I can. Pretty much none of that is true. for what it's worth, my dad is white).

It got worse when I had my daughter, who looks just like her white dad (light brown hair, blue eyes, pale skin), and people being like 'I don't understand. why doesn't she look like you? she should have dark hair, eyes and skin' and all I can say is 'I don't know. we're shocked also.'

but now that I've had people say they thought that maybe I was Italian or Mediterranean, I've decided now to let people think that. Works out great because my girl loves Italian food (forget pickles and ice cream. I wanted pasta and garlic bread when I was pregnant, and she still wants those foods) and has an Italian name (I named her after an Italian guy. Her last name is German).

Irregular Lunatic

15,275 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Master Converter 500
  • Marathon 300
That sounds a lot like "you don't understand because only(this type of race) have that problem"
It annoys the heck out of me, I wouldn't call them friends if their just going to compare others or things to themselves every time we talk

Super Cyclops

Put like this - as a halfbreed (pardon the term, used for purpose of example) you can't understand the inferiority complexes of fullbreeds.

In reality it just means "I can't think of a proper insult so I'll mock the shirt you're wearing, haha". They're plain weak, ignore them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff