Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mewling Miko

What are the good and bad qualities?

Dapper Noob

I've never been to Korea, so I can't say for sure, but I'm willing to put good money on saying yes, it is worth it. I think leaving your country and going to a foreign one is almost always worth it. The culture, the food, the people... it'll be an invaluable experience, I guarantee it! I have friends who work in Korea and they seem to be having a blast. I recommend you go to places other than Seoul; rural areas will give you a more "real" Korea. But Seoul and big cities are good if you want shopping! Good luck in your travels! I hope you decide to go!

Wealthy Genius

11,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Profitable 100
  • Market Browser 100
South Korea is on my list as well. North Korea, I am not interested in.

Mewling Miko

wagnas

Isn't North Korea communis, so it's like shut off from the rest of world.

Wealthy Genius

11,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Profitable 100
  • Market Browser 100
Ximlly
wagnas

Isn't North Korea communis, so it's like shut off from the rest of world.

You can go there but it's limited and you may not do a lot of things.
good qualities : food i guess
bad qualities : we're all sluts

In all seriousness, I don't think korea is all that interesting and the scenery is nothing amazing either. The nightlife is pretty awesome, if you're into that. Other than that, idk mayn.

Firebreathing Comrade

South Korea I'm not so interested in(I'd rather go to Japan), but North Korea seems fascinating in that it's so different from any other country. It's essentially a pseudo-monarchy with a dash of theocracy thrown in. What other country can claim to have a personality cult so strong that their very leader is worshipped? rofl
Jana Lebedeva
South Korea I'm not so interested in(I'd rather go to Japan), but North Korea seems fascinating in that it's so different from any other country. It's essentially a pseudo-monarchy with a dash of theocracy thrown in. What other country can claim to have a personality cult so strong that their very leader is worshipped? rofl

The vatican.

Whether or not it's worth to visit a certain country really depends on what you are looking for. More information would help. Also worth from an experience or financial standpoint?

Firebreathing Comrade

heh u jelly
Jana Lebedeva

The vatican.

Whether or not it's worth to visit a certain country really depends on what you are looking for. More information would help. Also worth from an experience or financial standpoint?

For me it's really the experience that counts and there's really not much in South Korea that appeals to me tbh that I can't see elsewhere. North Korea is much more interesting to me in that it's unique, but not necessarily entirely in a good way either.

Mewling Miko

Jana Lebedeva

I've heard that North Korea is like the poor region. Not saying it's true though.
Ximlly

I've heard that North Korea is like the poor region. Not saying it's true though.

Poor and stuck in time. Also starving. It super sucks to live there.

Firebreathing Comrade

heh u jelly
Ximlly

Poor and stuck in time. Also starving. It super sucks to live there.

A lot of their problems stem from the fact that they're heavily embargoed. That sort of thing doesn't change anything, it just makes innocent people suffer.

Premium Egg

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Going to South Korea will, in my opinion, only be extremely fun if you watch k-dramas or listen to kpop.
You can see many places that were featured on TV and most things there are advertised by celebrities so its K-idols galore there.
I've been there and I can say that it's pretty fun, but make sure you bring a friend.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Adorable Waffles

21,700 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
South Korea is definitely worth visiting! Here are some good sites to help you learn more about visiting:
http://english.visitkorea.or.kr
http://www.visitseoul.net

The Korean government seems to put a lot of money into tourism, so it's really not that hard to find stuff to do there as a tourist. 3nodding They even have special perks just for foreigners, like free bus tickets to famous cities. And food and basically everything is much cheaper there (than in the US, at least) so it's a good place to visit if you're on a budget. The transportation system is really well done and the subway even has English translations of all the station names.

In Seoul, you can shop in department stores or cute little boutiques, eat cheap but delicious street food, explore royal palaces, hang out in unique cafes, attend concerts, bike along the Han river, etc. If you wanna explore outside of Seoul/Gyunggido, you can take the KTX to any other large city. Seoul to Busan only takes 2.5 hours! One place I recommend going to is the Minsokchon in Yongin, a replica of a Korean folk village from long ago. It's a fun experience with lots to see and do, and it's right next to Everland, the most popular amusement park in Korea.

Korea may not have the most amazing majestic landscapes, but I love their cute round mountains and peaceful countrysides. heart

Lonely Lunatic

9,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
I say yes! Korea is worth visiting. At first, I didn't want to go there but turns out I never wanted to leave. The weather is perfect, there are lots of big sales during the month of October and February. What attracted me most is the kindness of the Koreans. They are very kind and they welcome you like you're part of their country.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff