Welcome to Gaia! ::

Angry butter biscuits
The rude/boring white people thing.

Idunno. I've traveled to many states in this nation. It's a pretty prevalent problem.

That said, lol, as I'd stated above, rudeness and boringness exists in all races.

I feel that the rudeness is a part of the privilege white people inadvertently have been given, and the boringness part of the fact that white people are generally not raised with their mother culture.
In my area few people are interested in interracial dating so I don't even bother, I mostly look at those from my race. But I wouldn't mind if my s.o. was from another race.
Obv a sin.

Romantic Prophet

8,500 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • First step to fame 200
Angry butter biscuits
kyoslove74

They are threatend by their son being taken away and they want you to know who is in the highest position and that is the mother ...I guess she is suppose to be your superior..my mom is nuts I haven't met crazy mommas the mothers all love me I act the part well then when they are away I get lazy.....lol I'm single and I have never dated an asian guy I don't know if I want to deal with thier moms some times I think of marrying orphans or a sun that only has a father in the picture

Wish me luck then. crying
or idk, maybe that could be fun for me. I'm really competitive, so maybe a competition for dominance would keep my occupied. twisted
muahahah

lol good luck and remember to be clever and crafty

Shameless Exhibitionist

Imperialist American
Obv a sin.

GET OUT OF HERE NOBODY ASKED YOU
I'm conducting scientific research! geez!

Shameless Exhibitionist

ButterflyInTheStarrySky
Angry butter biscuits

Idunno. I've traveled to many states in this nation. It's a pretty prevalent problem.

That said, lol, as I'd stated above, rudeness and boringness exists in all races.

I feel that the rudeness is a part of the privilege white people inadvertently have been given, and the boringness part of the fact that white people are generally not raised with their mother culture.

I suppose it depends on your definition of rude. I'm not disputing that white people are boring. They bore me. But imo the rude people, at least in my area, are the more melanin-gifted people. I mean hey, no biggie, I don't mind. But I have noticed a distinct lack of social graces among the minorities here.
Which is actually a misnomer because white people are the minority here..
Angry butter biscuits
ButterflyInTheStarrySky
Angry butter biscuits

I suppose it depends on your definition of rude. I'm not disputing that white people are boring. They bore me. But imo the rude people, at least in my area, are the more melanin-gifted people. I mean hey, no biggie, I don't mind. But I have noticed a distinct lack of social graces among the minorities here.
Which is actually a misnomer because white people are the minority here..

Whites are the minority where I live, too. Doesn't stop them from being stuck-up lol.

Benevolent Lover

I live in an extremely multicultural city, and I am pretty sure everyone here has dated someone outside of their race.

Sometimes by accident, even.

But since my longest relationship (despite its poor ending) was interracial, I have an inclination towards that creed of people since; however, that does not cease my attraction to a hot man, despite colour. I just have been made more aware, you could say, of a certain race since that particular past relationship.

Friendly Foe

yep! i like the idea of learning about their culture.. i love cultures and learning new things and i think its way more interesting if he's from a different cultural background. I moved to Australia 5 years ago and i learned so much already! funnily i have this thing for asians..hehe and im european ^.^

sjh3938's Wife

6,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Citizen 200
My fiance is Korean ~ We have fun. Since I've always studied foreign languages (and loved doing it), learning Korean is great and I can better communicate with his family. We love sharing knowledge about our cultures (although, being American, my culture is rather bland) so mostly we partake in eating a lot of yummy Korean food and watching K-dramas. Oh, and we have a K-pop dance group as well. I think being in an interracial relationship keeps things fresh smile
Bishoujo Yume
My fiance is Korean ~ We have fun. Since I've always studied foreign languages (and loved doing it), learning Korean is great and I can better communicate with his family. We love sharing knowledge about our cultures (although, being American, my culture is rather bland) so mostly we partake in eating a lot of yummy Korean food and watching K-dramas. Oh, and we have a K-pop dance group as well. I think being in an interracial relationship keeps things fresh smile

The USA is actually a really really weird country, I mean from the old world viewpoint. We're much more interesting than we allow ourselves to believe.

And of course a lot of given "blandness" is exotic to someone not from around here.

Where I'm from, interracial dating is very frowned upon. I'm really attracted to my own people but so far in my life I've only dated outside of my race. xP I don't really hang out with other Natives.
I'm very happy in my current relationship (he's from the Caribbean and I'm North American) but it's annoying how my family deals with it. My parents like to act that I don't have boyfriend or when they talk to their friends they only mention that I have a boyfriend but they neglect to leave out that he's black. They try to dance around the subject mostly.

I'm not sure how we're going to handle babies if the the situation occurs. I'd prefer to not have a mixed baby because of the harsh treatment they would receive from my family and community but my boyfriend insists that we have kids someday. Thankfully that's still far in the future. sweatdrop

sjh3938's Wife

6,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Citizen 200
Andy Partridge
Bishoujo Yume

The USA is actually a really really weird country, I mean from the old world viewpoint. We're much more interesting than we allow ourselves to believe.

And of course a lot of given "blandness" is exotic to someone not from around here.

You do have a point here. I guess just to me (having grown up here) and to my fiance (who lived here for a while) it is of course no longer exotic to us biggrin
Hmmm i find this natural. I also dated internationally/interracially and it was fun. Additionally, no matter if u r in the same nationality lots of problems can occur. So, the point is getting on well. Mind-to-mind thing.

S m u s h a's Husband

Proxy Fatcat

my boyfriend is mexican and i am white smile i love the skin color mmmm emotion_drool

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff