Welcome to Gaia! ::

Girl-Crazy Spirit

Angry butter biscuits
Lol calm
Angry butter biscuits
Lol calm

that wasn't the point I was trying to come across. I'm stating everything has a label for everything. Even this conversation you and I are having probably has some sort of psychological label added to it. The very fact these labels exist proves to me that people care more about titles than they do about the thing itself. Creating a title just gives you a NEED to do it or have it. To be called something. Some would say my spirituality is Shamanism but I do not call it that. I don't call it anything but being natural. Labels I do not believe share the same connection as the thing itself. So back to the "Interracial dating" part. I do not see races. For I do not see in the same spectrum as you and billy. I see beyond the colors what people call races and all I see is the person that is standing in front of me. The very fact that those names for "races" exist create conflict within our world. Same with other labels and titles. Which is why politics and religion do not mix because they are both on opposite sides of the labeling spectrum.

Well that's certainly food for thought!
So, to answer the original question, I gather that you have no preference. Thanks for your help! 4laugh
I am always random all the time..

Well that's not true I surely do have a preference but definitely not when it comes to "race" or physical features. It's definitely all spiritual level.
...most of the time.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Of course, I'm sure. Just that was the point of this thread. Was physical and cultural differences and whether or not the majority of readers preferred them or not. Just a curiosity type thing. Not a deeply spiritual conversation.
I am random all the time..

but that's the point I was coming across. I have no preference for the physical realm.
...some of the time.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
It's not easy to date someone who's from a culture you don't know about. You're very open minded.
Etaf Evael
It's not easy to date someone who's from a culture you don't know about. You're very open minded.

It's really not that hard as long as they live in the same century as you mentally.

Sweetheart

12,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I am totally up for interracial relationships. I'm a mixed baby myself (Dominican and Trinidadian), and I am not ashamed to say that I have a thing for White and Asian guys. Yes, I've found myself having a thing for Hispanic guys, but I would like to find someone of either White or Asian ethnicity. Then again, I don't really have a preference. If I like you, I like you. That's it. lol
Andy Partridge
Etaf Evael

It's really not that hard as long as they live in the same century as you mentally.

Let's call it intermediate then.

Shameless Exhibitionist

puffypoef
i'm not really into other etnicies but i don't see anything wrong with it. if you like 'em you like 'em right? :3

Thank you! Absolutely right.

Shameless Exhibitionist

Etaf Evael

Partially true and partially untrue. I think it depends on the individuals involved.
For instance, my ex was from Central America. Nicaragua, to be exact. We got along really well at first, but as I got to know his family really well I realized that they were sort of indoctrinated in this culture of female submission and male independence and machismo. For example, my ex sort of did whatever he wanted, even if it caused huge problems in his life and in our relationship, because he was the man and he made the most money and he could do what he wanted.
While it's nice to be spoiled and taken care of, it's not nice to be objectified and ignored. I'm as white as white can get, so I can't be like the Latina girlfriends I've known and be all "YO PAPI BLABLABLABLA IN SPANISH BLA" and get them to obey. Nope sorry I'm gonna go cry and eat candy.
However, it does depend on the specific culture and individual. I've known Hispanic guys who were very respectful to women. I just haven't had the luck to date any of them. Still kinda carry a torch for them though. Mmmfff..yum.
Also, my current foray into Asian guys has thus far proven very successful. Although mine is only half, I've observed friends of his that grew up in a more Asian culture and I like what I see there. So there's two sides to every coin.

Shameless Exhibitionist

Kukkikuma
I am totally up for interracial relationships. I'm a mixed baby myself (Dominican and Trinidadian), and I am not ashamed to say that I have a thing for White and Asian guys. Yes, I've found myself having a thing for Hispanic guys, but I would like to find someone of either White or Asian ethnicity. Then again, I don't really have a preference. If I like you, I like you. That's it. lol

Thank you! This is actually helpful! <3 Trinis rule.
Angry butter biscuits
Etaf Evael

Partially true and partially untrue. I think it depends on the individuals involved.
For instance, my ex was from Central America. Nicaragua, to be exact. We got along really well at first, but as I got to know his family really well I realized that they were sort of indoctrinated in this culture of female submission and male independence and machismo. For example, my ex sort of did whatever he wanted, even if it caused huge problems in his life and in our relationship, because he was the man and he made the most money and he could do what he wanted.

This is interesting, I'm sort of dealing (luckily by comparison) with the flip-side of that.
As you probably know, all things Hispanic came from all things Latin which came from Italy....which stole everything from the Greeks lol.
So yeah, machismo culture is definitely Greek in origin and so lo and behold I see something very much the same in Cyprus with the fiance.

Of course though she's female! And she herself is very progressive, but there are moments where she readily submits to certain things (like being the one to clean EVERYTHING) that just end up with me feeling guilty and trying to force myself up to help out.
It's pretty surreal for a guy who grew up in uber-modern Connecticut lol.
But it's no deal breaker at all. I can imagine it being much harder if our genders were reversed.
Quote:

While it's nice to be spoiled and taken care of, it's not nice to be objectified and ignored. I'm as white as white can get, so I can't be like the Latina girlfriends I've known and be all "YO PAPI BLABLABLABLA IN SPANISH BLA" and get them to obey. Nope sorry I'm gonna go cry and eat candy.

ahahahahah this I understand too.
She's like that basically, except trade out the Spanish for Greek obviously. Same attitude, same volume (loud).
So there's semi-timid white bread me with this assertive forward helletina (just made up that word lol).
I like it though in our contrast. I feel like to some degree I'm super ******** sick of my WASPy family (the Italian-Irish father is a nebbish anglophile...so I got none of that zazz in my nuclear family lol).
She breaks that ice up mad effectively. And I feel like we compliment eachother ultimately.
Her energy makes my life more lively, and makes me more so.
Meanwhile. My energy calms her down from the crowded chaos of her own nuclear family that she is also sick and tired of.
The middle result of this is a happy one so far. heart

Shameless Exhibitionist

Andy Partridge

This is interesting, I'm sort of dealing (luckily by comparison) with the flip-side of that.
As you probably know, all things Hispanic came from all things Latin which came from Italy....which stole everything from the Greeks lol.
So yeah, machismo culture is definitely Greek in origin and so lo and behold I see something very much the same in Cyprus with the fiance.

Of course though she's female! And she herself is very progressive, but there are moments where she readily submits to certain things (like being the one to clean EVERYTHING) that just end up with me feeling guilty and trying to force myself up to help out.
It's pretty surreal for a guy who grew up in uber-modern Connecticut lol.
But it's no deal breaker at all. I can imagine it being much harder if our genders were reversed.

--

ahahahahah this I understand too.
She's like that basically, except trade out the Spanish for Greek obviously. Same attitude, same volume (loud).
So there's semi-timid white bread me with this assertive forward helletina (just made up that word lol).
I like it though in our contrast. I feel like to some degree I'm super ******** sick of my WASPy family (the Italian-Irish father is a nebbish anglophile...so I got none of that zazz in my nuclear family lol).
She breaks that ice up mad effectively. And I feel like we compliment eachother ultimately.
Her energy makes my life more lively, and makes me more so.
Meanwhile. My energy calms her down from the crowded chaos of her own nuclear family that she is also sick and tired of.
The middle result of this is a happy one so far. heart

Yes! The women in my ex's family were more than happy to not go to college. They stayed home and cooked and had babies and didn't dare tell their men what to do, even their adult sons. It was nauseating. Not that their men were all that horrible. But my ex had a drinking problem. It was bad. When I tried to talk to his family and get help, they would tell me how his uncle had once been the same way, but his sweet, mild-mannered wife had just accepted his behavior and over the years her love made him change... awww.. what a crock of s**t. Sorry but no. I hate hate hate that aspect of their culture. For all the love and all the affection they share- which, coming from the Southern version of your Connecticut WASPs, is like visiting an alien planet for me- are riddled with that stupid machismo crap. The women clean houses and volunteer at the church and live at the behest of their husbands. Puke.
Sorry for ranting.

But yeah, I think it would work out a lot better for you guys. Seeing as she's the woman and all. I absolutely love that aspect of interracial/intercultural relationships. Sort of fixing certain aspects of one another. Beautiful. <3 I wish you both the best.
Angry butter biscuits

Yes! The women in my ex's family were more than happy to not go to college. They stayed home and cooked and had babies and didn't dare tell their men what to do, even their adult sons. It was nauseating.

Cyprus seems ahead of that (it is more modernized than most of Central America so yeah).
But you could tell that wasn't THAT far behind in their past either. Like almost all the older women were like that including her mom. And it must only very recently have flipped.
She's also in the city, so I wonder about the countryside.
Quote:

Not that their men were all that horrible. But my ex had a drinking problem. It was bad. When I tried to talk to his family and get help, they would tell me how his uncle had once been the same way, but his sweet, mild-mannered wife had just accepted his behavior and over the years her love made him change... awww.. what a crock of s**t.

Her dad is an alcoholic too, and it's mostly just swept to the side in a similar fashion. Granted no one is making excuses for him. But no one's facing up to it either.
Quote:

Sorry but no. I hate hate hate that aspect of their culture. For all the love and all the affection they share- which, coming from the Southern version of your Connecticut WASPs, is like visiting an alien planet for me-

XD
So true.
I mean, my Irish-Italian side is much more social and loud than the English side...but even they pale HUGELY next to the old world Greeks.
Like seriously, imagine every single day having every available uncle, cousin, aunt, grandparent, older sibling be at your house. And that the house is not even very big!

And yeah! At first when I visited there I was like "Wow! This is awesome! I always wish I saw my extended family more! And they're like that all the time!"
And by the other end of the week I was like "JESUS CHRIST, I AM SO SICK OF THIS".
She had warned me too lol. There's so little concept of privacy there, but the idea of the house just being like an open social buffet 24/7/365...god. I can't wait to give her the privacy and peace she craves when she immigrates.
Quote:

are riddled with that stupid machismo crap. The women clean houses and volunteer at the church and live at the behest of their husbands. Puke.
Sorry for ranting.

No no I understand. Cyprus is a country still where a women will be told to her face by potential bosses "We'd hire you since you seem great, but you're female so...".
I can't even imagine that in the US. They'd be sued to the ends of the earth.
Quote:

But yeah, I think it would work out a lot better for you guys. Seeing as she's the woman and all. I absolutely love that aspect of interracial/intercultural relationships. Sort of fixing certain aspects of one another. Beautiful. <3 I wish you both the best.

Thank you. smile
It's actually nice to have a thread like this to talk about this.
I mean everyone irl is super supportive, but next to no one can relate to the exact nature of it like this.

Romantic Prophet

7,500 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • First step to fame 200
my family is huge too, and i have no idea who have the people are. its a weird family system, when we see each other we are all nice and stuff then after their gone the nails come out.

my family is really old fashion, they believe that the woman needs to have a man to support her. otherwise who will take care of her... grr not everyone gets married..

on the other hand i went to this korean website just to see tips on dating a korean guy and it didn't look good. basically you call the guy opa which means older brother in korean. he will take you out on dates and pay for everything but he will not open doors for you he goes first and when your married he'll be mean to you and you have to live up to the exspectations of his mother.

Shameless Exhibitionist

kyoslove74
my family is huge too, and i have no idea who have the people are. its a weird family system, when we see each other we are all nice and stuff then after their gone the nails come out.

my family is really old fashion, they believe that the woman needs to have a man to support her. otherwise who will take care of her... grr not everyone gets married..

on the other hand i went to this korean website just to see tips on dating a korean guy and it didn't look good. basically you call the guy opa which means older brother in korean. he will take you out on dates and pay for everything but he will not open doors for you he goes first and when your married he'll be mean to you and you have to live up to the exspectations of his mother.

Wait what.. no... That's bizarre! My Korean is not crazy. haha.

Shameless Exhibitionist

Andy Partridge

Thank you. smile
It's actually nice to have a thread like this to talk about this.
I mean everyone irl is super supportive, but next to no one can relate to the exact nature of it like this.

Yeah I totally got all pumped that someone else understood where I'm coming from! lol

Romantic Prophet

7,500 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • First step to fame 200
Angry butter biscuits
kyoslove74

Wait what.. no... That's bizarre! My Korean is not crazy. haha.

http://www.korea-dating-tips.com/korean-guys.html

i got it from this website the moment i read it I umm didn't want to read anymore cause i was disgusted

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff