Welcome to Gaia! ::

Romantic Prophet

8,500 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • First step to fame 200
Angry butter biscuits
Andy Partridge

A hop down to Southern New England (as opposed to the North) would be a breath of fresh air for you I think.
1. You get the diversity as it's MUCH more urban.
2. And because it's more urban outdoorsey types are less common.
3. Hell there's just way more people which is always better for the dating scene. There's about six times more people in CT for instance than Vermont.

This brings up a related point. A lot of it depends on where you live. I don't like white guys primarily because, where I live, they're mainly good ole' country boy rednecks. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it's not my style. I wonder if the people who prefer to date outside their race/culture do so because of the unavailability of desirable men within the local culture.
Would be interesting to make a poll about this.

vermont is full of rednecks and I'm not into them I have met so many racist rednecks, that I'm not sure how much respect i have left for them. They are just not desirable to me because how badly i get treated by them. it would be an interesting poll and i like dating different races because i'm surronded by mostly rednecks not much diversity. I mean rednecks are definately for other not i . the poll would be an interesting idea.

Romantic Prophet

8,500 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • First step to fame 200
Angry butter biscuits
kyoslove74

thanks andy, I hope to get down their someday soon

Yeah, I hope you do. I'm working on a move to somewhere really really really far away for similar reasons. The struggle is real! wink Good luck.
thanks biscutts lets be gaia friends.

Beloved Seeker

10,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Millionaire 200
Angry butter biscuits
Flariett
Angry butter biscuits
So I just got a little curious.. I hope people actually answer this.
I've always had this thing for guys from other ethnicities and cultures.. I've dated guys from all over the world, who spoke all types of languages. I just am very rarely attracted to guys who are the same race and culture as me.
Anyone else? I really want to know like what the general consensus is on interracial/intercultural dating. sweatdrop

Hello, lovely. I'm actually currently dating one that has a different race than mine. And yes I do think and feel the same way as you. I am not really attracted to people of my own race. Not to be racist but I fancy other cultures more than mine <3 don't worry you're not alone ^u^

Thank you for your input! This is exactly what I was looking for. A specific preference.
Also yeah, I find guys of my ethnicity, especially local guys, boring. A dime a dozen. It's not a racial thing really for me either, but a cultural one.

Aww I'm glad you found the answer you were looking for ^u^ and you're welcome ~ anytime. smile I guess we just like someone who is unique wink

Friendly Friend

4,300 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
I am naturally attracted to asians... sad

Shameless Exhibitionist

VampRedStars
I am naturally attracted to asians... sad

which, I assume, is not technically interracial for you?
Why frowny face? Asians rock. I happen to have one that I like quite a lot hur hur hur sweatdrop heart redface whee

Eleii's Prince

Devoted Lover

17,875 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Angry butter biscuits
Lol calm
I am always random all the time..
I don't believe in calling it interracial dating. I want to know why everyone has a label on things that don't matter. My fiance and I aren't the same race but we love each other isn't that enough? Another human is just another human to me I don't determine by race color facial features body features but by the measure of their spirit. If more people saw the world like me they'd make better decisions probably because I can see peoples corruptions and their purities in their spirit. Understand them I get too attached and before I get called out and saying I'm judging their personality by first impressions that's not the case at all. It's hard to understand for those who aren't spiritual.

Also think happy joyful thoughts when reading this cause it's not meant to be perceived as angry lol.
...most of the time.User Image

Thanks for your input!
Why don't you believe in calling it interracial dating? It is dating between two ethnicities.. It's not a racist thing. It's a technical term, like carburetor or parenthetical citation.

that wasn't the point I was trying to come across. I'm stating everything has a label for everything. Even this conversation you and I are having probably has some sort of psychological label added to it. The very fact these labels exist proves to me that people care more about titles than they do about the thing itself. Creating a title just gives you a NEED to do it or have it. To be called something. Some would say my spirituality is Shamanism but I do not call it that. I don't call it anything but being natural. Labels I do not believe share the same connection as the thing itself. So back to the "Interracial dating" part. I do not see races. For I do not see in the same spectrum as you and billy. I see beyond the colors what people call races and all I see is the person that is standing in front of me. The very fact that those names for "races" exist create conflict within our world. Same with other labels and titles. Which is why politics and religion do not mix because they are both on opposite sides of the labeling spectrum.

Friendly Gaian

6,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
i date someone whose not my same race. but i dont really think about that. we both grew up in the same place so thats more important to me than his ethnicity.

Shameless Exhibitionist

shana_hamilton
i date someone whose not my same race. but i dont really think about that. we both grew up in the same place so thats more important to me than his ethnicity.

Thanks for your input! Would you say that that is your preference in general? To date outside your race? Do you have a preference at all?

Shameless Exhibitionist

Lol calm

that wasn't the point I was trying to come across. I'm stating everything has a label for everything. Even this conversation you and I are having probably has some sort of psychological label added to it. The very fact these labels exist proves to me that people care more about titles than they do about the thing itself. Creating a title just gives you a NEED to do it or have it. To be called something. Some would say my spirituality is Shamanism but I do not call it that. I don't call it anything but being natural. Labels I do not believe share the same connection as the thing itself. So back to the "Interracial dating" part. I do not see races. For I do not see in the same spectrum as you and billy. I see beyond the colors what people call races and all I see is the person that is standing in front of me. The very fact that those names for "races" exist create conflict within our world. Same with other labels and titles. Which is why politics and religion do not mix because they are both on opposite sides of the labeling spectrum.

Well that's certainly food for thought!
So, to answer the original question, I gather that you have no preference. Thanks for your help! 4laugh

Friendly Gaian

6,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
lol well i guess thats hard to say because im not really sure what my race is to be honest >.< i know that sounds really weird but this is why, if you were to see me you would say im white, but im very mixed. I don't know how im so white considering my mom is part domincan but i am. and i dont really like white guys, but not because of their looks, mostly because of their attitude. I like guys who are hood and since i never have met a white guy who is hood i guess i prefer to date outside my race. confused sorry for the book, i hope it doesn't bore you.
Angry butter biscuits
shana_hamilton

Thanks for your input! Would you say that that is your preference in general? To date outside your race? Do you have a preference at all?
love is love heart

Eleii's Prince

Devoted Lover

17,875 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Angry butter biscuits
Lol calm

So, to answer the original question, I gather that you have no preference. Thanks for your help! 4laugh

Well that's not true I surely do have a preference but definitely not when it comes to "race" or physical features. It's definitely all spiritual level.

Shameless Exhibitionist

the laneybuggy
love is love heart

Right, nobody is disputing that. This was a simple question about everyone's personal preferences. Do you prefer to date inside your race? Do you prefer to date inside your species? Do you prefer squirrel men over human ones? The ideal answer would include a preference and a reasoning for it.
However, thank you for your input. heart

Shameless Exhibitionist

Lol calm
Angry butter biscuits
Lol calm

Well that's not true I surely do have a preference but definitely not when it comes to "race" or physical features. It's definitely all spiritual level.

Of course, I'm sure. Just that was the point of this thread. Was physical and cultural differences and whether or not the majority of readers preferred them or not. Just a curiosity type thing. Not a deeply spiritual conversation.

Generous Businesswoman

6,250 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Generous 100
  • Wall Street 200
i'm not really into other etnicies but i don't see anything wrong with it. if you like 'em you like 'em right? :3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff