Welcome to Gaia! ::

Romantic Prophet

8,500 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • First step to fame 200
i'm chinese and i live in vermont, one of the whitest states. on a daily basis i see causcasian people but they don't seem that interested in me i feel like i'm less attractive than all of the caucasian and african ladies. i have never dated someone that is my race but I would like to. I think mix dating is fine but I'm highly unattracted to boys from certain parts of africa because I'm treated like a piece of meet and a mark off I slept with an asian thing. Not all african men are bad but vermont sure has some shady african men who even dare put a roofie in my causcasian friends drink. then they deny that fact and spread untrue roomers about the victim. my advice is to be careful no matter what race the person is and always watch your drink.

Married Divorcee

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Megathread 100
I'm black and white!!
I think it's beautiful when I see interracial couples!!
Angry butter biscuits
So I just got a little curious.. I hope people actually answer this.
I've always had this thing for guys from other ethnicities and cultures.. I've dated guys from all over the world, who spoke all types of languages. I just am very rarely attracted to guys who are the same race and culture as me.
Anyone else? I really want to know like what the general consensus is on interracial/intercultural dating. sweatdrop

I can understand the attraction, but then again as a guy really into history/anthropology I guess that's part of the reason.

I myself am in an INTERNATIONAL relationship, and by relationship I mean we're engaged at this point.
I'm a born and raised white American with mixed Irish/English/Italian descent (southern New England), and she's a Greek Cypriot.
It's hard to exactly call it interracial though, her country being exactly one of those that sits in the area where American ideas of race stop working and get confused. She herself basically is white though, visually anyway since part of her ancestry is English as well (1/4). Her skin is light, hair and eyes too, though her actual shape and face and whatnot are definitely more middle-eastern looking.
What's really interesting is basically being with basically a white girl (though culturally she might as well be hispanic) is that any children we might have could potentially not be considered white in the US lol.
Like genes can pull things from your families that either one of you don't personally have. And she has plenty of very tan family members. So that could happened!

Tipsy Conversationalist

KuroX_o
I date whoever that peaks my interest. Doesn't matter what race.

Eleii's Prince

Devoted Lover

17,875 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
I am always random all the time..
I don't believe in calling it interracial dating. I want to know why everyone has a label on things that don't matter. My fiance and I aren't the same race but we love each other isn't that enough? Another human is just another human to me I don't determine by race color facial features body features but by the measure of their spirit. If more people saw the world like me they'd make better decisions probably because I can see peoples corruptions and their purities in their spirit. Understand them I get too attached and before I get called out and saying I'm judging their personality by first impressions that's not the case at all. It's hard to understand for those who aren't spiritual.

Also think happy joyful thoughts when reading this cause it's not meant to be perceived as angry lol.
...most of the time.User Image

Shameless Exhibitionist

Lol calm
I am always random all the time..
I don't believe in calling it interracial dating. I want to know why everyone has a label on things that don't matter. My fiance and I aren't the same race but we love each other isn't that enough? Another human is just another human to me I don't determine by race color facial features body features but by the measure of their spirit. If more people saw the world like me they'd make better decisions probably because I can see peoples corruptions and their purities in their spirit. Understand them I get too attached and before I get called out and saying I'm judging their personality by first impressions that's not the case at all. It's hard to understand for those who aren't spiritual.

Also think happy joyful thoughts when reading this cause it's not meant to be perceived as angry lol.
...most of the time.User Image

Thanks for your input!
Why don't you believe in calling it interracial dating? It is dating between two ethnicities.. It's not a racist thing. It's a technical term, like carburetor or parenthetical citation.

Shameless Exhibitionist

a pizza sh1t
KuroX_o
I date whoever that peaks my interest. Doesn't matter what race.

i think people misinterpreted the intent of this post. I just wanted to know if anyone had a preference.

Shameless Exhibitionist

Andy Partridge
Angry butter biscuits
I've always had this thing for guys from other ethnicities and cultures.. I've dated guys from all over the world, who spoke all types of languages. I just am very rarely attracted to guys who are the same race and culture as me.
Anyone else? I really want to know like what the general consensus is on interracial/intercultural dating. sweatdrop

I can understand the attraction, but then again as a guy really into history/anthropology I guess that's part of the reason.

I myself am in an INTERNATIONAL relationship, and by relationship I mean we're engaged at this point.
I'm a born and raised white American with mixed Irish/English/Italian descent (southern New England), and she's a Greek Cypriot.
It's hard to exactly call it interracial though, her country being exactly one of those that sits in the area where American ideas of race stop working and get confused. She herself basically is white though, visually anyway since part of her ancestry is English as well (1/4). Her skin is light, hair and eyes too, though her actual shape and face and whatnot are definitely more middle-eastern looking.
What's really interesting is basically being with basically a white girl (though culturally she might as well be hispanic) is that any children we might have could potentially not be considered white in the US lol.
Like genes can pull things from your families that either one of you don't personally have. And she has plenty of very tan family members. So that could happened!

I have one thing to say: You guys will have beautiful babies. wink
But you would say that you have a preference for international relationships?

Shameless Exhibitionist

kyoslove74
i'm chinese and i live in vermont, one of the whitest states. on a daily basis i see causcasian people but they don't seem that interested in me i feel like i'm less attractive than all of the caucasian and african ladies. i have never dated someone that is my race but I would like to. I think mix dating is fine but I'm highly unattracted to boys from certain parts of africa because I'm treated like a piece of meet and a mark off I slept with an asian thing. Not all african men are bad but vermont sure has some shady african men who even dare put a roofie in my causcasian friends drink. then they deny that fact and spread untrue roomers about the victim. my advice is to be careful no matter what race the person is and always watch your drink.

Wow, Vermont. Are your parents first generation?
Also I have noticed men objectify Asian women a lot. It bothers me. Don't ever feel like you're less attractive than anyone else! It's all a matter of personal preference. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
I'm interested to find out whether you would be more interested in dating Asian guys because they would be less likely to objectify you, or do your preferences lie elsewhere (Caucasian, Hispanic, etc)? heart

Shameless Exhibitionist

Flariett
Angry butter biscuits

Hello, lovely. I'm actually currently dating that has a different race than mine. And yes I do think and feel the same way as you. I am not really attracted to people of my own race. Not to be racist but I fancy other cultures more than mine <3 don't worry you're not alone ^u^

Thank you for your input! This is exactly what I was looking for. A specific preference.
Also yeah, I find guys of my ethnicity, especially local guys, boring. A dime a dozen. It's not a racial thing really for me either, but a cultural one.

Romantic Prophet

8,500 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • First step to fame 200
Angry butter biscuits
kyoslove74

Also I have noticed men objectify Asian women a lot. It bothers me. Don't ever feel like you're less attractive than anyone else! It's all a matter of personal preference. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
I'm interested to find out whether you would be more interested in dating Asian guys because they would be less likely to objectify you, or do your preferences lie elsewhere (Caucasian, Hispanic, etc)? heart

my parents are definately first generation... so its hard.they still think there in china and are into their traditional things but we are in america...thank you so much, i'm glad that i'm not the only one that notices that ....
hmm i'm not sure i would like to see too i'm not like other people from where i'm from i have curves and i've got a fit body.i am attracted to all races. i wouldn't mind dating other races but i want some common interest and a partner who believes in equality. my ideal partner and i love asian food and are foodies.but both us believe in health and fitness. I also want a partner with a college degree. I wonder sometimes too if i date another asian if it would be less objectifying and if i would fit in cause i always feel like i'm some where in between. I highly doubt that a country boy and i would agree on what we would want to eat....if its steak and fries and donuts every night it woudln't work out...a couple of times i dated caucasian men i found that i work myself bone tired to make the relationship to work because we don't have much in common like they like the outdoors and I'm somewhat an outdoor person but I m more indoorsy because of my asthma. they like sweats and i like dressing up. they like climbing mountains I like indoor gyms.

its very hard to find a guy i have in common with in vermont..... I need more diversity
kyoslove74
Angry butter biscuits
kyoslove74

my parents are definately first generation... so its hard.they still think there in china and are into their traditional things but we are in america...thank you so much, i'm glad that i'm not the only one that notices that ....
hmm i'm not sure i would like to see too i'm not like other people from where i'm from i have curves and i've got a fit body.i am attracted to all races. i wouldn't mind dating other races but i want some common interest and a partner who believes in equality. my ideal partner and i love asian food and are foodies.but both us believe in health and fitness. I also want a partner with a college degree. I wonder sometimes too if i date another asian if it would be less objectifying and if i would fit in cause i always feel like i'm some where in between. I highly doubt that a country boy and i would agree on what we would want to eat....if its steak and fries and donuts every night it woudln't work out...a couple of times i dated caucasian men i found that i work myself bone tired to make the relationship to work because we don't have much in common like they like the outdoors and I'm somewhat an outdoor person but I m more indoorsy because of my asthma. they like sweats and i like dressing up. they like climbing mountains I like indoor gyms.

its very hard to find a guy i have in common with in vermont..... I need more diversity

A hop down to Southern New England (as opposed to the North) would be a breath of fresh air for you I think.
1. You get the diversity as it's MUCH more urban.
2. And because it's more urban outdoorsey types are less common.
3. Hell there's just way more people which is always better for the dating scene. There's about six times more people in CT for instance than Vermont.

Romantic Prophet

8,500 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • First step to fame 200
Andy Partridge
kyoslove74
Angry butter biscuits
kyoslove74

A hop down to Southern New England (as opposed to the North) would be a breath of fresh air for you I think.
3. Hell there's just way more people which is always better for the dating scene. There's about six times more people in CT for instance than Vermont.

thanks andy, I hope to get down their someday soon

Shameless Exhibitionist

Andy Partridge

This brings up a related point. A lot of it depends on where you live. I don't like white guys primarily because, where I live, they're mainly good ole' country boy rednecks. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it's not my style. I wonder if the people who prefer to date outside their race/culture do so because of the unavailability of desirable men within the local culture.
Would be interesting to make a poll about this.

Shameless Exhibitionist

kyoslove74

thanks andy, I hope to get down their someday soon

Yeah, I hope you do. I'm working on a move to somewhere really really really far away for similar reasons. The struggle is real! wink Good luck.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff