Welcome to Gaia! ::

Is is true that if a foreigner lives in Canada for over 3 years, he's allowed to be a canada citizen then?
I think there's more to it than that.

Applications, and whatnot. And whether or not they're there legally, or on political asylum, etc.
sorry can't be that simple. you have to either be born there or you have to get married to someone there to get ported to canada. its the same with other places.
inuyashachan
sorry can't be that simple. you have to either be born there or you have to get married to someone there to get ported to canada. its the same with other places.

It's not THAT black and white. You don't necessarily have to marry someone or be born here. Tons of people immigrate to Canada, and become citizens, without having to do that.

My friend and her family moved here from Algeria years ago, and all they had to do was paperwork, citizenship tests, etc.
Isabella Van Helsing 2
inuyashachan

It's not THAT black and white. You don't necessarily have to marry someone or be born here. Tons of people immigrate to Canada, and become citizens, without having to do that.

My friend and her family moved here from Algeria years ago, and all they had to do was paperwork, citizenship tests, etc.

I'm over 18 and my dad's cousin is a citizen of Canada. We're asking him to sponsor me to immigrate there. Will it be eligible?
Canada = GREAT country
Thats all i can say. 3nodding
3 sisters and 1 brother of my Dad together with their own family are all canadian citizen. they are pure filipino. they live at montreal quebec.
Guyper
Isabella Van Helsing 2
inuyashachan

I'm over 18 and my dad's cousin is a citizen of Canada. We're asking him to sponsor me to immigrate there. Will it be eligible?

Quite likely, yes.
It's about 3-4 years, BUT within that time frame, you CANNOT go out of the country at all. Some tests (unless I think you're really old or under the age of 1 cool and voila, citizen!

I came to Canada when I was fourth months (I was born in England xD) and four years later, I was a citizen.

Of course my older sister was lucky. She was born here. stare
Why would you do that?
song_of_shambala - What if he's from a country with a living standard equal to that of Canada, eh?
I'm thinking of emigrating to Canada at a later point of my life and regarding the fact that I currently live in Germany, I don't see why that would be a choice to live a more comfortable existence. Actually I think it will be rather stressy to do cross-Atlantic moving.
I have no duty to my home country, I did not choose to be born here, I did not choose to grow up here. I have no duties to anyone, but those duties that I impose on myself.

Also, most people in starving countries starve instead of becoming heroes. Heroes exist everywhere, even in places with a relatively high living standard.

I mean... what? Are we all supposed to live as poorly as we can possibly do? That doesn't help anyone.
Show a little tolerance - and if you can't, well, don't flame.

I have friends and family there, i hope my husband and I can move there in the next 5 years ^^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff