Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Clambake 200
I always thought it was an interesting language. Iver never had the time to learn it and I have no idea where I can learn.

5,350 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Market Browser 100
I am willing to post here as often as I possibly can, Heck! I'll even give lessons on Japanese! and that means the language, the culture, and everything else! whee Because when you watch as much anime as I do, you kinda have to pick up on SOMETHING at least! so invite anyone who wants to learn, and I'll do my very best to teach you guys!

b<^.O> - thumbs up for Japanese!

First lesson:
Sensei does not JUST mean teacher, the literal translation for "Sensei" is "one who comes before"

I hope that there are lots of people who join this, because I've been dying to teach what I know.

8,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Clambake 200
I watch a whole lot of anime to but not usually in Japanese. Ive tried to learn a little from that but its hard to pick up on. I think it is anyway. I will learn from you as long as youre willing to teach which you obviously are.

I dont know that about the sensie I thought it just meant teacher.

5,350 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Market Browser 100
lesson 2: the different levels of respect

The Japanese use a sort of system to show how much you respect someone they often refer to this system as the honorary system.

there are certain ways of speaking to others depending on the different levels of respect.
for example: "Ohayou gozaimasu" (good morning) is often what you would say to your sensei, or people that you don't know very well, but also for people who you must show respect to.
the shorter "Ohayou" is more for when you are talking to friends, or people that you like to hang out with.

so now that that's cleared up, let's actually mark out the different honorifics.
It's Study time!!! i want your next reply to include the different honorifics, and how they are used... so here's a site for you to use for study purposes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_honorifics
good luck to you who are willing to learn! <^.^> - <3
Wow. Well, I'm not trying to put down Kimi's teaching strategies, but I think the best place to start with learning Japanese is with hiragana (ひらがな) and katakana (カタカナ). Honorifics are a bit confusing, especially if you know little about Japan, the culture, the language, or in general. My best friend is Japanese, and she's taught/teaching me.

I can understand if you just want to learn from Kimi, but I'd be happy to teach as well with the knowledge I know. I also know some kanji (漢字) which are some of the crazy, confusing Japanese characters, that I'd be happy to help teach you about if you made it that far.

Message me if you're interested. If not, good luck. smile Japanese really is a great language.

5,350 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Market Browser 100
Grape Expectations
Wow. Well, I'm not trying to put down Kimi's teaching strategies, but I think the best place to start with learning Japanese is with hiragana (ひらがな) and katakana (カタカナ). Honorifics are a bit confusing, especially if you know little about Japan, the culture, the language, or in general. My best friend is Japanese, and she's taught/teaching me.

I can understand if you just want to learn from Kimi, but I'd be happy to teach as well with the knowledge I know. I also know some kanji (漢字) which are some of the crazy, confusing Japanese characters, that I'd be happy to help teach you about if you made it that far.

Message me if you're interested. If not, good luck. smile Japanese really is a great language.

thank you for the teaching tip! <O.^>b
(i'm not exactly the world's best teacher... so forgive me if I confuse you T.T
MistressEnvy
I always thought it was an interesting language. Iver never had the time to learn it and I have no idea where I can learn.

I could help
Kimi-inufan2011

Your welcome. I just... don't really watch anime, or read manga, so most of my Japanese has been self taught, or taught by my friend. While I know honorifics and stuff, I think it's important to start with the alphabets so you can spell and read, ya know?
MistressEnvy

also, I suggest looking at these two links

Wiktionary - I / Me
Wiktionary - You

Advice. Don't use kisama, temae, or omae when having polite coversations. Unless u want the person pissed at you.

5,350 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Market Browser 100
Grape Expectations
Kimi-inufan2011

Your welcome. I just... don't really watch anime, or read manga, so most of my Japanese has been self taught, or taught by my friend. While I know honorifics and stuff, I think it's important to start with the alphabets so you can spell and read, ya know?

Hai, Arigatou gozaimasu! 3nodding
MistressEnvy

another thing, i also suggest playing My Japanese Coach. though, don't trust the translations tho.

8,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Clambake 200
Thank you guys! I will deff look into those links that you guys posted, and just keep posting becuase I will often check up on this topic. Thanks again!
Rikaichan is a great application to use. Available for Firefox and Chrome too I believe.

You can also go on Weblio and on the English Japanese dictionary. Everything is written in Japanese though. Try this link and type in any word you want (romaji won't work. Only Japanese or English).

http://ejje.weblio.jp/

This plus Rikaichan is a great help. My Japanese professor uses this dictionary when translating (along with other online dictionaries). Jisho.org has been inaccurate to me so weblio is the only good English-Japanese dictionary I know. good luck!

Cunning Comrade

16,225 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Ghost Hunter 250
I learn online and made some Japanese friends who help me too.

If you want I can help you out with the basics?

Hello = konnichiwa
Goodbye = ja ne
How are you? = Genki desu ka?
I am well = Genki desu

I think that is a good start to have

Greedy Capitalist

Same same..

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash