Welcome to Gaia! ::

Waldbraut
D1g1t4l_Ash
Waldbraut
D1g1t4l_Ash
Waldbraut
D1g1t4l_Ash

Google translate ist nicht sehr schlecht. Ja, es ist nicht die besten, aber it es macht ist gut mit täglichen Phrasen, nein? ich kann mir vorstellen es würde machen tun, mit derartig einfachen Sätzen noch gut funktionieren.

It might, but a lot of English phrases are pretty different from how it would be articulated in German, especially expressions like 'make do'. "Machen tun" makes you sound rather silly (and of course, it's not a valid expression in German).

As I said, it's good enough to roughly translate easy sentences and get your message across, but it's far from a good translation (one that reads well too).

Hahaha, well, if that was your only complaint, then I did better than I thought. I took a few years of German (2 years in highschool, 2 years in college), but I never get to practice it. Every now and then there is a German thread in the international forum, but it looks like there aren't enough German gaians to keep them alive. Hast du die Musikgruppe Wir Sind Helden gehört?

Yeah, I know that thread, but it's barely active (like all of the German guilds I'm in). When I was active on Gaia in 2009/10, there were a lot of active German users. Even so many, that we started writing RPs together (which was pretty awesome). But after a while, it's gotten qiueter, I didn't go online that often myself and since I've returned the number of German Gaian seems to be dwindling... sad

Und natürlich kenn ich Wir sind Helden! Ich glaub jeder hier kennt sie. whee

(Please, feel free to tell me whenever my German looks retarded. I generally try to construct the sentences myself while using google translate to fill in gaps or words I don't know.)

Endlich! Ich weiß nur ein bisschen deutsche, so Ich kann Ich sehr ein bisschen vom Liedtext verstehen, aber Ich liebe Ein Elephant Für Dich, Darf Ich Das Behalten, und In Mir Drin! (not sure what you want to say here)

(Alright, I mostly keep critcism to myself, bc a lot of people don't like to be corrected. I'll just correct the sentences in the quotes and bold whatever needed to be corrected)

Naja, das meiste kann ich verstehen. Aber der Satzbau ist oft noch etwas verdreht (but I know syntax and grammar are pretty difficult in German, sometimes even I am not sure how to arrange the words or what case to use)

Wir sind Helden sind nicht so meine Musik, aber ich höre auch nicht viel deutsche Musik, wenn ich ehrlich bin. Am liebsten mag ich K.I.Z. (satirischer Hip Hop)

(Man, we were just getting to dative case at the end of my German two class. I signed up for German three, but unfortunately they canceled it because I was the only student that registered sweatdrop )

"Darf Ich Das Behalten" und "In Mir Drin" sind die namen von Liede. Vielleicht möchtest du In Mir Drin, wenn ihr gerne hip-hop. Der Schlagen ist schön.

(I want to ask if you listen to more American Music, but I'm having trouble phrasing that... Something tells me satirical German Hip Hop will go over my head.)

Welcoming Receiver

D1g1t4l_Ash
Waldbraut
D1g1t4l_Ash
Waldbraut
D1g1t4l_Ash

Hahaha, well, if that was your only complaint, then I did better than I thought. I took a few years of German (2 years in highschool, 2 years in college), but I never get to practice it. Every now and then there is a German thread in the international forum, but it looks like there aren't enough German gaians to keep them alive. Hast du die Musikgruppe Wir Sind Helden gehört?

Yeah, I know that thread, but it's barely active (like all of the German guilds I'm in). When I was active on Gaia in 2009/10, there were a lot of active German users. Even so many, that we started writing RPs together (which was pretty awesome). But after a while, it's gotten qiueter, I didn't go online that often myself and since I've returned the number of German Gaian seems to be dwindling... sad

(Please, feel free to tell me whenever my German looks retarded. I generally try to construct the sentences myself while using google translate to fill in gaps or words I don't know.)

Endlich! Ich weiß nur ein bisschen deutsche, so Ich kann Ich sehr ein bisschen vom Liedtext verstehen, aber Ich liebe Ein Elephant Für Dich, Darf Ich Das Behalten, und In Mir Drin! (not sure what you want to say here)

(Alright, I mostly keep critcism to myself, bc a lot of people don't like to be corrected. I'll just correct the sentences in the quotes and bold whatever needed to be corrected)

Naja, das meiste kann ich verstehen. Aber der Satzbau ist oft noch etwas verdreht (but I know syntax and grammar are pretty difficult in German, sometimes even I am not sure how to arrange the words or what case to use)

Wir sind Helden sind nicht so meine Musik, aber ich höre auch nicht viel deutsche Musik, wenn ich ehrlich bin. Am liebsten mag ich K.I.Z. (satirischer Hip Hop)

(Man, we were just getting to dative case at the end of my German two class. I signed up for German three, but unfortunately they canceled it because I was the only student that registered sweatdrop )

"Darf Ich Das Behalten" und "In Mir Drin" sind die namen von Liede. Vielleicht möchtest du In Mir Drin, wenn ihr gerne hip-hop. Der Schlagen ist schön.

(I want to ask if you listen to more American Music, but I'm having trouble phrasing that... Something tells me satirical German Hip Hop will go over my head.)

Achso! Und 'Beat' brauchst Du nicht übersetzen, das ist im Deutschen das gleiche Wort wink
Eigentlich mag ich Hip Hop allgemein nicht so sehr, aber die Texte von K.I.Z. sind super lustig (wenn man sie versteht... sweatdrop )
If you want to ask if I listen to a specific kind of music you can ask "Hörst Du...?". Or, looking further, if you want to know if I prefer any kind of music: "Hörst/Magst Du lieber ...?"
When asking a question, you just switch the subject and the verb (still conjugate the verb for the respective person).

The dativ is mostly used with prepositions like "mit" (with), "über" (above), "bei" (near), "vor" (in front of/before), "nach" (after), "hinter" (behind) etc.
funny thing is, you can find some traces of this case in the english language too. Whenever you use 'him' or 'her' with a preposition, it's pretty much a dative. (I sat behind him - "Ich saß hinter ihm." wink
Waldbraut
D1g1t4l_Ash
Waldbraut
D1g1t4l_Ash
Waldbraut
D1g1t4l_Ash

Achso! Und 'Beat' brauchst Du nicht übersetzen, das ist im Deutschen das gleiche Wort wink
Eigentlich mag ich Hip Hop allgemein nicht so sehr, aber die Texte von K.I.Z. sind super lustig (wenn man sie versteht... sweatdrop )
If you want to ask if I listen to a specific kind of music you can ask "Hörst Du...?". Or, looking further, if you want to know if I prefer any kind of music: "Hörst/Magst Du lieber ...?"
When asking a question, you just switch the subject and the verb (still conjugate the verb for the respective person).

The dativ is mostly used with prepositions like "mit" (with), "über" (above), "bei" (near), "vor" (in front of/before), "nach" (after), "hinter" (behind) etc.
funny thing is, you can find some traces of this case in the english language too. Whenever you use 'him' or 'her' with a preposition, it's pretty much a dative. (I sat behind him - "Ich saß hinter ihm." wink

Hörst Du American Musik? Oh, und was ist deine lieblings animes? (assuming it is called anime in Germany?)

Du sollte milo zuhören. Er is meine lieblingsrapper, und seine texte sind die besten.

Welcoming Receiver

D1g1t4l_Ash
Waldbraut
D1g1t4l_Ash

"Darf Ich Das Behalten" und "In Mir Drin" sind die namen von Liedern. Vielleicht möchtest magst du In Mir Drin, wenn ihr Du gerne hip-hop hörst/magst. Der Schlagen Beat ist schön.

Hörst Du Amerikanische Musik? Oh, und was ist sind deine lieblings animes? (assuming it is called anime in Germany?)

Du solltest zuhören. Er is meine lieblingsrapper, und seine liedtexte ist sind die besten.

Danke, ich höre mir seine Musik mal an wink
Wie schon gesagt, ist Hip Hop nicht so meine Musik, aber mein Freund (boyfriend) hört das sehr gern. Er mag besonders Eminem und Macklemore.

Amerikanische Bands, die ich gerne höre, sind We Are Scientists, MGMT, Death Grips, Bob Dylan, Kiss, High On Fire, Tenacious D, Tool, Explosins in the Sky and Frank Zappa. Ansonsten höre ich ganz viele verschiedene Bands und Musiker aus verschiedenen Ländern.
Ich mag sehr gern Gooral, das ist ein DJ und Rapper aus Polen (Poland). Er mischt traditionelle Musik aus den Bergen mit Hip Hop, Dubstep und Drum'n'Bass.

Und meine liebste Lieblingsband heißt DVA ('two') und kommt aus Tschechien (Czech Republic). Sie machen sehr niedliche und eigenartige Musik, die mich an meine Kindheit erinnert.

Meine Lieblingsanimes sind Lucky Star, Attack On Titan, Cowboy Bebop, Full Metal Alchemist:Brotherhood und Now and then, here and there. Ich mag auch die Studio Ghibli Filme sehr gern (Totoro, Chihiro, Laputa...)
Es gibt aber auch viele Animes, die ich mir noch ansschauen will, wie Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Neon Genesis Evangelion... ich hab viele "Klassiker" noch nicht gesehen. sweatdrop
Waldbraut
D1g1t4l_Ash
Waldbraut
D1g1t4l_Ash

"Darf Ich Das Behalten" und "In Mir Drin" sind die namen von Liedern. Vielleicht möchtest magst du In Mir Drin, wenn ihr Du gerne hip-hop hörst/magst. Der Schlagen Beat ist schön.

Hörst Du Amerikanische Musik? Oh, und was ist sind deine lieblings animes? (assuming it is called anime in Germany?)

Du solltest zuhören. Er is meine lieblingsrapper, und seine liedtexte ist sind die besten.

Wie schon gesagt, ist Hip Hop nicht so meine Musik, aber mein Freund (boyfriend) hört das sehr gern. Er mag besonders Eminem und Macklemore.

Amerikanische Bands, die ich gerne höre, sind We Are Scientists, MGMT, Death Grips, Bob Dylan, Kiss, High On Fire, Tenacious D, Tool, Explosins in the Sky and Frank Zappa. Ansonsten höre ich ganz viele verschiedene Bands und Musiker aus verschiedenen Ländern.
Ich mag sehr gern Gooral, das ist ein DJ und Rapper aus Polen (Poland). Er mischt traditionelle Musik aus den Bergen mit Hip Hop, Dubstep und Drum'n'Bass.

Und meine liebste Lieblingsband heißt DVA ('two') und kommt aus Tschechien (Czech Republic). Sie machen sehr niedliche und eigenartige Musik, die mich an meine Kindheit erinnert.

Meine Lieblingsanimes sind Lucky Star, Attack On Titan, Cowboy Bebop, Full Metal Alchemist:Brotherhood und Now and then, here and there. Ich mag auch die Studio Ghibli Filme sehr gern (Totoro, Chihiro, Laputa...)
Es gibt aber auch viele Animes, die ich mir noch ansschauen will, wie Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Neon Genesis Evangelion... ich hab viele "Klassiker" noch nicht gesehen. sweatdrop

("Danke, ich höre mir seine Musik mal an". I keep getting "Thanks, I listen to his music at times" or "I listen to him once" Is this correct?)

Ein grosse verschiedene Bands! (Right? Is Bands Der, Die, or Das? I'm guessing Die because it's plural..) Frank Zappa ist so seltsam! Albeit, mein Vater liebe sein Musik. Und Ich hasse Death Grips, aber Bob Dylan ist sehr gut! Und wir spielt Mgmt und Explosions In The Sky die ganze zeit wo ich arbeite.

Ich habe Now and Then, Here and There nicht gehört. Ich liebe Attack on Titan und Brotherhood. Ich habe Cowboy Bebop nicht gesehen... Ich möchte wirklich. Du hast eine gute... eh (taste? Auf deutsch, wie sagt man (you have good taste in...) Anime. Du solltest Steins;Gate lesen. Das, FMA Brotherhood, und FLCL sind meine lieblings drei.

Welcoming Receiver

D1g1t4l_Ash
Waldbraut
D1g1t4l_Ash
Waldbraut
D1g1t4l_Ash

("Danke, ich höre mir seine Musik mal an". I keep getting "Thanks, I listen to his music at times" or "I listen to him once" Is this correct?)

Ein grosse verschiedene Bands! (Right? Is Bands Der, Die, or Das? I'm guessing Die because it's plural..) Frank Zappa ist so seltsam! AlbeitAllerdings/Jedoch, mein Vater liebe seine Musik. Und Ich hasse Death Grips, aber Bob Dylan ist sehr gut! Und wir es spielt Mgmt und Explosions In The Sky die ganze zeit wo ich arbeite. (you could use "Es spielt" as in "Die Musik spielt" (music is playing/music plays) or "Die musik wird gespielt" (music is being played) or "Jemand spielt die Musik" (someone is playing the music))

Ich habe von Now and Then, Here and There nicht gehört. Ich liebe Attack on Titan und Brotherhood. Ich habe Cowboy Bebop nicht gesehen... Ich möchte wirklich. Du hast eine gute... eh (taste? Auf deutsch, wie sagt man (you have good taste in...) Anime. Du solltest Steins;Gate lesen. Das, FMA Brotherhood, und FLCL sind meine lieblings drei.(or drei Lieblinge/Lieblingsanime)
It's more along the lines of 'I'll listen to it sometime.' In some contexts, you can use present tense to express something you will do in the future.
For taste you can use the (rather literal) translation "Geschmack", like "guter Musikgeschmack" or "guter Geschmack was Anime betrifft"

Too bad you don't like Death Grips, I think they're awesome. But everyone likes different things 3nodding
Waldbraut
D1g1t4l_Ash
Waldbraut
D1g1t4l_Ash
Waldbraut
D1g1t4l_Ash
Waldbraut

Ein grosse verschiedene Bands! (Right? Is Bands Der, Die, or Das? I'm guessing Die because it's plural..) Frank Zappa ist so seltsam! AlbeitAllerdings/Jedoch, mein Vater liebe seine Musik. Und Ich hasse Death Grips, aber Bob Dylan ist sehr gut! Und wir es spielt Mgmt und Explosions In The Sky die ganze zeit wo ich arbeite. (you could use "Es spielt" as in "Die Musik spielt" (music is playing/music plays) or "Die musik wird gespielt" (music is being played) or "Jemand spielt die Musik" (someone is playing the music))

Ich habe von Now and Then, Here and There nicht gehört. Ich liebe Attack on Titan und Brotherhood. Ich habe Cowboy Bebop nicht gesehen... Ich möchte wirklich. Du hast eine gute... eh (taste? Auf deutsch, wie sagt man (you have good taste in...) Anime. Du solltest Steins;Gate lesen. Das, FMA Brotherhood, und FLCL sind meine lieblings drei.(or drei Lieblinge/Lieblingsanime)

It's more along the lines of 'I'll listen to it sometime.' In some contexts, you can use present tense to express something you will do in the future.
For taste you can use the (rather literal) translation "Geschmack", like "guter Musikgeschmack" or "guter Geschmack was Anime betrifft"

Too bad you don't like Death Grips, I think they're awesome. But everyone likes different things 3nodding

Yeah, trust me. I know some people down here that love Death Grips. Still, even in the US, it's hard to find people that know about them. I was surprised to see that you do.

And thank you for speaking German with me. It's definitely proving beneficial. I didn't know my conjugation would be so bad! I must be really losing it, I did pretty decent when I was in class. Now the only thing that will suffer is my pronunciation, Hahah. That'd be funny if I ever spoke to someone from Germany and my sentence structure was superb, but I sounded like real doofus phonetically.

Welcoming Receiver

D1g1t4l_Ash
Waldbraut
D1g1t4l_Ash
Waldbraut
D1g1t4l_Ash
Waldbraut
D1g1t4l_Ash
Waldbraut

Yeah, trust me. I know some people down here that love Death Grips. Still, even in the US, it's hard to find people that know about them. I was surprised to see that you do.

And thank you for speaking German with me. It's definitely proving beneficial. I didn't know my conjugation would be so bad! I must be really losing it, I did pretty decent when I was in class. Now the only thing that will suffer is my pronunciation, Hahah. That'd be funny if I ever spoke to someone from Germany and my sentence structure was superb, but I sounded like real doofus phonetically.

A friend of mine recommend them; he's seen them live in Berlin. I like the raw energy the music has, reminds me a little of metal sometimes.

No problem, I like to help! The only way to improve your language is to use it and practise. What helped me a lot with learning english, was watching movies and TV series in the original audio (so in english) with english subtitles. I don't really know a lot of good German movies or TV shows, but maybe you'll find some that peak your interest when looking around the internet emotion_yatta
Waldbraut
D1g1t4l_Ash
Waldbraut
D1g1t4l_Ash
Waldbraut
D1g1t4l_Ash
Waldbraut
D1g1t4l_Ash
Waldbraut

A friend of mine recommend them; he's seen them live in Berlin. I like the raw energy the music has, reminds me a little of metal sometimes.

No problem, I like to help! The only way to improve your language is to use it and practise. What helped me a lot with learning english, was watching movies and TV series in the original audio (so in english) with english subtitles. I don't really know a lot of good German movies or TV shows, but maybe you'll find some that peak your interest when looking around the internet emotion_yatta

Yeah, I was gonna say, your English is really good. The only Germans I've talked to down here had pretty poor English. Plus I think I was a little more enthused by languages than they were. I kept trying to get them to say "tomorrow morning" as "Morgen am Morgen" instead of "Morgen früh." Hahaha. I don't think they've ever considered the possibility, they kept saying "Nobody says that."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff