Welcome to Gaia! ::

こんにちは!

So, I was looking at some other forums online and a lot of people said candy was one of the best ways to go when shopping for gifts to stuff in a package for a Japanese friend. I live in America so I figured I'd get him: Reece's Peanut Butter Cups, Oreos, Hostess Snacks, etc. However, my friend is a guy and he is more mature so I don't wanna just get him candy.

What can I get him that he couldn't really get in Japan or is expensive in Japan but isn't in the USA? heart

7,300 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
you could make him cookies smile or chocolate!
Khaleesi Kelly
you could make him cookies smile or chocolate!

I second the cookies.
I made my guy friend cookies for his birthday, he was happy, and ate them all.
Well, he shared with his family
..Then his parents invited me to their house.
._.

Shameless Loiterer

9,100 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
Even though Reese's are awesome, I might not send those since they could melt and look all deformed once he gets them (and I'm pretty sure they recently introduced Reese's in Japan anyhow, according to my teacher). But as for other presents, a nice photo of you and your family might be a good idea. Maybe a book in English or something, like an idiom guide or a collocations dictionary. That way the present is useful also. And if you're from the US, consider sending something that represents your state. Like for Ohio, you could send a buckeye necklace or something.
ErinTringa
Even though Reese's are awesome, I might not send those since they could melt and look all deformed once he gets them (and I'm pretty sure they recently introduced Reese's in Japan anyhow, according to my teacher). But as for other presents, a nice photo of you and your family might be a good idea. Maybe a book in English or something, like an idiom guide or a collocations dictionary. That way the present is useful also. And if you're from the US, consider sending something that represents your state. Like for Ohio, you could send a buckeye necklace or something.

Haha, omg you're right. I bought a lot of candy today for the package and I started thinking "what if the chocolate candies melt...?!" I was so bummed... I'll try to pack them up so that they have some insulation.

Anyway, the thing about the state is a great idea. I live in Florida but I don't wanna send him an orange lol so I'll just find something else like a t-shirt or whatever.

Shameless Loiterer

9,100 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
pink wig thick a-s-s
Haha, omg you're right. I bought a lot of candy today for the package and I started thinking "what if the chocolate candies melt...?!" I was so bummed... I'll try to pack them up so that they have some insulation.

Anyway, the thing about the state is a great idea. I live in Florida but I don't wanna send him an orange lol so I'll just find something else like a t-shirt or whatever.

Hopefully you find a good shirt then [:
Good luck!

Super Lunatic

give him hair dye. a wife beater. and a really nice big buckle.
get him Car Nutz.

Shy Sweetheart

My boyfriend really likes pretzel M&Ms and honey-mustard flavored things because you can't get them in Japan. Aside from food though, how about American clothing? Like from American Eagle or...Pac Sun, I don't know hahaha.

Girls are easier to shop for~~ ; 3;
You could include Fig Newtons and turkey or pork jerky (Japan won't accept beef jerky, b/c of mad cow disease). Organic dried fruits and nuts are good, and non-food souvenir items like keychains are ok.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games