Welcome to Gaia! ::

I took Japanese classes at Yale last year. However, I was unable to continue my studies this year due to cost and lack of transportation. I have been unable to keep up my studies and I was wondering if there would be someone that would be willing to tutor me a little bit in Japanese.
I will need to start at the basic level again, though.
Any takers? We can do it all over the net. In Private messages on Gaia. And if that is no convenient, I can discuss some other ways.
Its unlikely I could coach you in the same way a real college teacher could. I would recommend a DS game that teaches you japanese (it comes with a test at the beginning so it can assess what level you should start from.) Its called My Japanese Coach.

You could try getting CD-book combos. Thats also how I brush up once in a while. I have Talk Japanese by BBC Active. You could also try a book called Japenese for Busy People which comes in serveral levels. They are all easy to learn from.
Thanks~!
I have also been looking into Rosetta Stone. But it's so darn expensive.
when i get a chance i will scan some pages for you from my japanese book, it will take a while, but probably in the next month or two i can send it to you, until then, relearn your hirigana, and some katakana
Lady_Larsa
http://www.iknow.co.jp/

try this.

i checked it out, and i think that will be helpfull in my japanese classes =) thanks for the link
hiragana or katakana? smile

8,250 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Tycoon 200
There's an application on Facebook called Kanji Box... it has drills/quizzes for hiragana/katakana and kanji and also vocab. You can set your level to the JLPT level system... although it still runs by the 4 level test, not the 6 level test starting next year.

4,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Language teaching requests, according to the rules sticky, should go in Mini Shops --& Services. You might find more takers there smile Good luck!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff