Quotable Gawker

sweatdrop
No really. I love Japan.
whee
what do you specifically love about it? surprised

Quotable Gawker

vicious l venom
what do you specifically love about it? surprised

Well, honestly, I love how everything is an art over there. Tea is an art. Writing is an art. The traditional clothing seems meaningful. I enjoy how modernity is rampant, but I also love how history is still lurking everywhere.
SpikeApple
Well, honestly, I love how everything is an art over there. Tea is an art. Writing is an art. The traditional clothing seems meaningful. I enjoy how modernity is rampant, but I also love how history is still lurking everywhere.

have you visited the place before?
i would love to go shopping there and also partake in its scenery. whee

Quotable Gawker

vicious l venom

Nope, never been. I have travel guides and language studies, but I dream about going! I agree about the scenery, how lovely Okinawa must be!

Offensive Fatcat

me tOOO!!! uwu

your art shall be done by tomorrow sometime also.
Been there it is nice. Went there during cherry blossom season. Went to a tea ceremony. What I like best is how they combined the traditional Japanese culture with modern Japanese culture.

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

Quotable Gawker

sogayking
me tOOO!!! uwu

your art shall be done by tomorrow sometime also.

blaugh
Yay!

Quotable Gawker

Tackle and Tickle
Been there it is nice. Went there during cherry blossom season. Went to a tea ceremony. What I like best is how they combined the traditional Japanese culture with modern Japanese culture.

Those were great photos! I'd love to be in on a Tea ceremony!!

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
SpikeApple
vicious l venom

Nope, never been. I have travel guides and language studies, but I dream about going! I agree about the scenery, how lovely Okinawa must be!

Just so you know, Okinawa is not part of mainland Japan. It's one of the Ryukyu islands, and up until 1872, it was its own country before Japan annexed it (sort of like how Hawaii was its own country before the U.S. annexed it and made it one of its 50 states).
i went backk in 2010 for a week long tour- it was sooo freaking hot!! il never go in july gonk

Quotable Gawker

Sakura Parfait
SpikeApple
vicious l venom

Just so you know, Okinawa is not part of mainland Japan. It's one of the Ryukyu islands, and up until 1872, it was its own country before Japan annexed it (sort of like how Hawaii was its own country before the U.S. annexed it and made it one of its 50 states).

Well, I did say I have travel guides so yeah, I know Okinawa is the most southern and is really an island chain. Thanks for your concern, O Fountain of Knowledge.
heart

Quotable Gawker

Vanilla_Vodka09
i went backk in 2010 for a week long tour- it was sooo freaking hot!! il never go in july gonk

Aww! I hear early spring is the best time, but I dunno.
Sakura Parfait
SpikeApple
vicious l venom

Around the 1609 is more of the time period where it was not "legally annexed" but pretty much under submission to Japan. neutral I, from what I can see, do not like the Meiji era as it brought in a lot of, like Hawaii, bans on Okinawan culture. neutral

Desirable Lover

9,700 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I love Japan too ~ heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers