Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello guys.

I am actually a student of Multimedia Design, and well, I might be going to live to either Korea/Japan, which kinda scares me...

I am a mexican, and I have to accept,I feel VERY uncomfortable here in my country and society, mostly because how rascist people here can be... Moving to a new country is an adventure and an opportunity to start anew, but something really scares me and is the attitude of asians towards hispanics.

I once had an asian-american girlfriend, a vietnamese, but she was kinda cold and sarcastic... when I was in highschool I liked a korean girl, and well, once she moved to Korea she became very racist, and I have a chinese frend who thinks people are made of different colors to know who you should/shouldn't be with, and I have many, many examples more...

When I move there I eventually want to have close friends, and of course, marrying a local and having a family, but well, since the recent events that have lead Mexico to be seen as a "red alarm country" and our rascist attitude in public, worldwide events (see: China Olympic Games, really, the comments and jokes mexicans did on it were horribly cruel),I am afraid I won't be able to find either friends or a girl that will actually look on me (since many ladies have told me they only like asian guiys).

I don't mean to generalize about asian people, but I DO Feel scared since it would be the first time I would live outside a coiuntry, and seeing what people does here to foreigners, I'm afraid I'll live a similar situation out there... Please be sincere, I thank you all for reading this question. God bless.

NOTE: I have posted this under Gaia Culture forum but I think it got on the wrong place, hope THIS is it

Kawaii Shoujo

19,550 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
gonna be blunt here and say that Japan and S. Korea are generally both xenophobic countries. As a whole, they're not very accepting of foreigners. However, that doesn't mean everyone is like that. There are some people who are open to foreigners.

Junior Smoker

i already said it on the other post u did.

Unbeatable Tycoon

Wow that's very interesting; I've also experienced (and still do) racism from all kinds of people here in the U.S. And to go to another country to experience racist crap......that is scary. Can't have a peaceful time nowhere.

1,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
I'm not gonna lie dude Asians for me Koreans in general (yes I'm Korean) are pretty darn racist to hispanics

(I know because I was that snotty lil racist brat who thought was high class 13 years ago, also I've seen it in Korean-corporate businesses a lot ex: Korean managers eating inside nice cafeterias while the hispanic workers eat outside on the blazing sun using the shade of the building or Korean managers just over reacting to one fixable mistake hispanic workers make, and then talking bad about the entire generation in general behind their backs labeling them as "mexicans" )

but dude check this out. Nothing is worth not giving it a try. I mean you be yourself and just be open minded and even the ppl who are like "oh I'm gonna dislike him just because my entire race is racist with his race" are gonna change and approach you, slow maybe but surely.

here's a little secret about me: I'm full Korean but over 40% of my friends are Latinos or Hispanics. I even love mexican food and to top it off i speak spanish better than my Korean just because I love it. (si weii te puedo hablar en espanol y comprender) Don't get discouraged dude keep ur chin up be cool as you and trust me people come around. I did and so will other people. ;P God loves you and he will make sure you're happy so long as you ask and pray.

Oh you can call me Un by the way nice to meet you. *holds out hand*
Thanks everyone, and thanks specially to YeoUn, that message cheers me up smile
The thing is that my choices are either Japan or Korea because of the career I'm taking. More multimedia designers are needed since there are many more publicity/media/video game firms out there than in this country.

I could go to USA, yes, it's an option, but the whole rascism thing freaks me out some times... You can see in places such as Gaia Online how some people is quite... well, not ok with hispanics. It's not the first time I go into Barton Towns to be called a "mexicant" or worse stuff.

You see, most of my life I've been meeting and befriending foreigners. I have never felt comfortable with modern mexican culture, specially the way politics are turning right now and the external debt has risen above 80%. I mean, my best friend was from San Antonio, Texas (tough we had an argument and now I know nothing about him...), my first girlfriend (and only) was an Asian-American from Port Richey, FL (I met her here in Gaia), my first High School Crush was a Korean girl, Soo-Jin Jeon (as I mentioned in the post above, she became a pop diva after returning to korea and now she's quite rascist), the girl I used to spend a lot of time with in elementary was German, and we got along pretty nice, my first love from childhood was the daughter of a japanese restaurant owner, and the girl I like right now if Asian-European (vietnamese living in Hamburg)... sad thing, tough I like her a lot, and we get along quite good and like to talk about random funny crap, she has this mentality that "only asian guys are cool/cute/nice for other asians" and some times she even fogets about me and rejects me in some painful ways to later come back and apologize... it's kinda... hurting. She still insitst I'm to marry a vietnamese woman some day...

Ok, as you (or some one else in another topic) said, my goal is to get out of Mèxico to seek for a better living and of course, build a family (my intentions are to marry a foreign woman, caucasian, black, asian, all of them are pretty smile ), but since the job options are pretty much reduced to western countries, well... THAT is what worries me.

I AM NOT AN "OTAKU" OR A K-POP FAN. I have to admit, "otakuness" turns me off and well... many k-pop idols at least to me have no appeal besides being asian. What kinda encourages me is that Hiro, my japanese coach and his friend Rafael say Japanese are very nice and open minded people... I've never really talked to a japanese before, but well, it seems building a family in one of those countried could be HARD...
I'm Hispanic I work at mitsuwa Japanese market and Asians love me they think I'm Asian biggrin then I go Ching Chong ping pong mrgreen

Unbeatable Tycoon

Eridu_Abzu
I'm Hispanic I work at mitsuwa Japanese market and Asians love me they think I'm Asian biggrin then I go Ching Chong ping pong mrgreen

How Ignorant stare
I am Hispanic and the majority of my friends are from S. Korea. Hell I even confessed my feelings to a South Korean man and he did not hesitate to return my feelings. redface Among the younger generation, you will not have a major problem. It is just mostly the older generation that has xenophobia. Some young people have that but it is a rare encounter for me. You will have a better connection with South Koreans if you speak and read basic Korean.
Eridu_Abzu
That sounds extremely retarded. /:
Candy Korea
Eridu_Abzu

Nah he's not a retarded... retarded people are mostly kind hearted and nice... he's just an imbecile smile

Well, my fear is mostly because I haven't had exactly good relationships with asian women... I've NEVER met an asian guy in my life so I dunno how I would get along with them, I usually get along easier with ladies. My ex girlfriend and I are still in touch and are very good friends but as I said she was asian-american.

I mean, the girl I like now harldy even remember I'm her friend, she's allways with her asian crew and she even forgot about a date we set TWO TIMES. And the Soo-Jin girl well, as I said after going back to S. Korea she became... well like she is now :/

I really have to wait and see I think, tough yeah, abandoning your country to set off for a new life for the first time can be scary n_n;

1,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
:O (takes out a tifa voice from advent children "zuruzuru zuruzuru" wink I'm gonna assume you know what that means (wink) so dude. Like Candy Korea said it's mostly old generation but yeah there's always the possibility of the young generation being brainwashed by the old. but hey life is full of trials right? so i say go for it! when I went to Mexico or any other country I had my moments of "uhh" but still went. I'm happy about my decisions now. I don't regret anything about it, yeah i had the "ei! es un chinito! ching a ling ling" but whatever, In turn I got mexican friends who had my back, invited me to asadas and heck I even enjoyed the company of latina girls (yes I'm easily wiled by girls on high heels short dresses and loopy earrings) *looks around* ahem! so what is there to hesitate for? new places mean new opportunities the world today has changed and will continue to change. know it, believe it, and move with it. so! "zuruzuru zuruzuru" it's time to stop that right? wink
Eridu_Abzu

why would you speak chinese in a japanese market? how rude
Aldath
Candy Korea
Eridu_Abzu

Nah he's not a retarded... retarded people are mostly kind hearted and nice... he's just an imbecile smile

Well, my fear is mostly because I haven't had exactly good relationships with asian women... I've NEVER met an asian guy in my life so I dunno how I would get along with them, I usually get along easier with ladies. My ex girlfriend and I are still in touch and are very good friends but as I said she was asian-american.

I mean, the girl I like now harldy even remember I'm her friend, she's allways with her asian crew and she even forgot about a date we set TWO TIMES. And the Soo-Jin girl well, as I said after going back to S. Korea she became... well like she is now :/

I really have to wait and see I think, tough yeah, abandoning your country to set off for a new life for the first time can be scary n_n;
If you take the time to understand the culture, language, and traditions, you will have an easier time socializing. I will admit that when I was in high school, I was constantly rejected from my Korean crushes. But back then, I did not have a single clue as to what their culture was like. No language capabilities or anything! It was not until I got a good grip on the Korean culture and language that I was able to date and socialize among Korean people. Those girls probably did not have a clue as to how they should be around you. They figure it is just best to reject you and stick to what they know. Sorry to be blunt but that is usually the scenario for those things. D: You are going to be much better off once you start getting a grip on their culture and language. Have you attempted that yet? ^^ There are many good language tutorial sites! Just keep in mind that there is always gonna be a mean bunch of people no matter what the race is. /: Traveling to a new country should be fun! Once I get work, I want to try going to Korea a lot once I get the money!! I am even gonna spend a year in Korea after college to do intermeddiate Korean classes! *^O^*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff