Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blessed Prophet

6,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
I was wondering what exactly the denotation of 火炎(kaen)is? I know 火(hi) is a generic word for fire and that 炎(honoo)is used to refer to a large, beneficial flame, like a bonfire.
Also, what are the semantic differences between 遠く(tooku)and 遥か(haruka)? As far as I know they only both mean far/distant.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
火炎 means "flame; blaze." Jisho.org is a really good online Japanese dictionary if you want to look up what a Japanese word means.

I did a brief google search on 遠く and 遥か, and found this explanation on italki by a Japanese speaker:

Quote:
遠く just means 'far', while 遙か emphasizes a distance/difference between two things.

遙か遠くに far away
遙かかなたの宇宙 faraway universe
遙かなるあこがれ distant yearnings
遙か昔 a long long time ago
遙か先のこと the remote future
遙かに大きい by far larger
Seems to be a slightly more scientific/formal sounding version of 炎. (So flame.)

Divine Cleric

Master Filia
I was wondering what exactly the denotation of 火炎(kaen)is? I know 火(hi) is a generic word for fire and that 炎(honoo)is used to refer to a large, beneficial flame, like a bonfire.
Also, what are the semantic differences between 遠く(tooku)and 遥か(haruka)? As far as I know they only both mean far/distant.

火炎 = blaze, flame, but it's used in the sense of technical things, like "Flame proof" "Flame effect" "Flame zone" "Flame behaviour" "Flame Coral" "Flame Jet". It's used in a pathological sense, is the way to put it.
炎 = Is use for when things are set on fire or are burning. So like "flames." You would use these when concrete objects such as a house, church, forest is on fire. It's also used for expressions like "Go down in flames" of "Fiery voice":

遠く = refers to distance in the sense that you are distance from it. That is, 遠く is physical sense (visual/auditory) in the way that when you use this you use it in a sense of "From a distance....I could see." "In the distance, there was a sound" "from afar he looks good" etc It can also be used as time slot, as in "In the future"

遥か = is used as a degree. Far as in "Far better" "Far worst" etc.

Blessed Prophet

6,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
The Aged God
Master Filia

火炎 = blaze, flame, but it's used in the sense of technical things, like "Flame proof" "Flame effect" "Flame zone" "Flame behaviour" "Flame Coral" "Flame Jet". It's used in a pathological sense, is the way to put it.
炎 = Is use for when things are set on fire or are burning. So like "flames." You would use these when concrete objects such as a house, church, forest is on fire. It's also used for expressions like "Go down in flames" of "Fiery voice":

遠く = refers to distance in the sense that you are distance from it. That is, 遠く is physical sense (visual/auditory) in the way that when you use this you use it in a sense of "From a distance....I could see." "In the distance, there was a sound" "from afar he looks good" etc It can also be used as time slot, as in "In the future"

遥か = is used as a degree. Far as in "Far better" "Far worst" etc.

Thank you so much biggrin DD!!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces