Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gambino Businessman

12,450 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
So I'm going to Japan in January for three weeks and I was wondering what are some of the key things I have see well I'm over there.
I know I'll be visiting Tokyo,Takayama,Kanazawa,Hiroshima/Miyajima, and Kyoto.
What are you interested in?
Tokyo has a lot of cool places. If you like games/electronics, Akihabara is fun. For fashion, Harajuku and Shibuya. There's also Disneyland and Disney Sea...

For Kyoto, I suggest going to Kiyomizuderu and Kinkakuji, they're super beautiful! Actually, any temple you go to will be beautiful.
For food, you HAVE TO GO TO NINJA. (In kawaramachi)
It's the best place ever. It's a old-fashion decor buffet-style restaurant, all you can eat for 90 minutes and the staff is all dressed like ninjas and do magic too
And while you're in kawaramachi, there's a bunch of places for shopping x3

But if you take any buses in Kyoto or the kansai area, you get on where you normally get off (through the door in the back) and you pay when you get off at the front.
Also, for Kyoto, there's a thing called an 'ichi nichi ken' (one day bus pass) that you can ride the bus as many times as you want for 500 yen (one fare costs 220yen, so if you are going to ride the bus more than twice that day, buy one!!) you can get them at kyoto station or by asking the driver

Lonely Gaian

10,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Murder Toys
So I'm going to Japan in January for three weeks and I was wondering what are some of the key things I have see well I'm over there.
If you were going in February, I would have told you that you must go to Sapporo. They have a Snow Festival that is equal parts amazing and unbelievable. Hands down some of my favorite memories of Japan. heart

Ueno Zoo is a lot of fun for me, but I figure that it is pretty similar to any major city's Zoo, and you are looking for things that are more 'Japanese'-ish.

Another personal favorite that hasn't already been suggested by I Eat Dictionaries, is Nara. They have a park that is famous for the deer that bow at you when you give them a sembei (rice cracker). I think they are quite charming. heart

Osaka's castle is considered the most beautiful in Japan, so it is another spot that isn't a bad place to stop by. Thankfully, Nara, Osaka, and Kyoto are all within a decent train ride away from each other.

If you have the time and are willing to go off the beaten path, I'd like to suggest Tohoku. Areas such as Miyagi and Iwate were particularly hard hit by the Tsunami in March of 2011, and any money spent around those areas is going directly back into an economy that can desperately use it. Fukushima, of course, also needs the help financially, but I'd feel a bit uneasy urging someone to go there, with all of the awkward news that keeps coming out about the situation. If such things don't bother you, there's a small town called Aizuwakamatsu that is famous for a romantic piece of history. That is, if you consider young men killing themselves needlessly to be romantic.

I personally consider Date Matsumune to be far more fascinating.

P.S. If you are in the Tokyo area, maybe we can hang out at a Rotating Sushi Bar! 4laugh

Interesting Autobiographer

11,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Generous 100
Murder Toys
I loved my trip to Japan. Make sure to see the daibustu "big buddah" huge.

truk ma i's Princess

take me /w UUU!!!!!

Witty Lover

13,800 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Jack-pot 100
Aaaaaah take me with you!!! It's been my dream to visit since I was 6 years old ( now i'm... Oh wait i'm not saying how old i am... Hehe twisted )

Be sure to get lots of pocky, anime figures, your fair share of food, and take lots of pictures!!!!

Big Fatcat

9,300 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
WOOOOHOO all what i can say is... take me T>T

Lonely Gaian

10,100 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
minaminolover
Aaaaaah take me with you!!! It's been my dream to visit since I was 6 years old ( now i'm... Oh wait i'm not saying how old i am... Hehe twisted )

Be sure to get lots of pocky, anime figures, your fair share of food, and take lots of pictures!!!!
Pocky is alright, but the unique flavor kit-kats is where it's at! talk2hand

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces