Welcome to Gaia! ::

ok so my class is taking a trip over to japan for spring break and im at a loss because i have no clue were to begin when i get of the plane and so yeah any suggestions on this would be nice also maybe some advice on stores so on and so forth
and pm me any information you want
If you were going with a class, wouldn't your teacher recommend places to visit?
XxXMalice-MizerXxX
ok so my class is taking a trip over to japan for spring break and im at a loss because i have no clue were to begin when i get of the plane and so yeah any suggestions on this would be nice also maybe some advice on stores so on and so forth
and pm me any information you want
what part are you going to? if you go the osaka,you should go to osaka castle.You could ride on a bullet train.Tokyo has a lot of partys to go to at night.You might wanna try eating at a grill where they cook infront of you. smile
An Unknown Kunoichi
If you were going with a class, wouldn't your teacher recommend places to visit?

teacher tell us what to do on a trip? ya no
A week isn't very long, and you haven't said where you're going in Japan, so I can't give you any specific attractions to see, but just about anywhere:
Do:
-Karaoke! There are a ton of karaoke parlors and franchises. Most offer extensive Japanese AND English song libraries - anything from Dir en Grey to Bon Jovi to Disney songs. With the right group of people, it's a great time, and not too expensive. Some franchises are willing to accept American student IDs for the student discount, others aren't.
-Visit historical landmarks in the area
-Whatever activities your teachers have planned for you. They'll probably set things up that would be tricky for you to access otherwise (like baseball games, etc.), so I'd suggest going on pre-planned activities, as dull as they may sound.
-Visit an arcade! Just don't waste all your precious money on UFO catchers
-Most anything you'd do while being a tourist in an American city, like going to zoos

Food:
-Go to a grocery store. As boring as this may sound, it's fun to look at all the different goodies. Try some fresh fruit if you've got the cash, Japanese peaches in particular are delicious.
-Eat local specialties (for example, takoyaki [fried octopus balls] from the kansai region, Kobe beef, etc.)
-If you get a craving for good old American food, hit up a McDonald's or KFC. Japanese McDonald's does offer some different menu choices like the Teriyaki burger (not a fan myself sweatdrop ) which can be interesting.
-But eat adventurously! People at home will be more interested in hearing about how you ate squid than the time you got a hamburger at McDonald's
-Try Japanese curry.

Shopping:
-There's a number of different department stores. I'd suggest find a shopping center in the area and poking through all the stores there to see what suits your price range. Uniqlo and LOFT are some neat department stores, and the latter has a huge variety of products and a great selection of character goods.
-Visit a Daiso, Japan's 100 yen (~1 dollar) store. Trust me!
-If you're into music, try and find a second-hand CD shop
-Books and comics are cheap at Book Off and other secondhand bookstores, but can be bought new at places like Kinokuniya if you must

Your teachers will be a valuable resource if you have questions about things in Japan, and I'm sure they'll give you plenty of advice. In general:
-convert at least a little cash at the airport before you arrive in Japan, just in case
-keep a card with the phone number and address of the place you're staying in within your wallet
-if you don't already know them, learn at least a little hiragana/katakana, the written languages used in Japan. If nothing else, you'll need to be able to read menus at restaurants!
-Be adventurous and stay upbeat, but don't be rude or noisy in public places
Yah, it all depends on which city ur landing in. if i were you i'd c all the major landmarks.

if ur in tokyo, i recommend u go to tokyo tower.

if ur in osaka, visit the Himaji samurai castle (hope i spelled that right xD)

if ur in nagasaki, visit the atomic dome.

kagoshima, (no land marks as i can think of) but visit the gift shops xD

or just in general play pachinko! (im not sure what the age limit on that would be, if there even is one @~@)

and finally kyoto, visit some of the shrines and temples, i hear that place is beautiful or look up the spring festival!

thats all i can think of. hope that helped a bit!
Well as you know AMerican money isnt that much over here anymore! I just got to Japan 3 three days ago and I'm loving it! Come to Tokyo live it up! Karaoke is only fun when your with new people and you all laugh together. Go to Kabuki-cho my hometown and have some great a** fun there although its a little dangerous but they have everything entertainment wise. If you are an Otaku go to a manga kisa, they have everything, its fun too!
Otokonoko otono uwabaki LMAO I love that!
Shibuya is great all around and so is Shinjuku! I've only been to certani areas of Japan throught out my life. Osaka is wonderful the B-boi there are too cute! and Kyoto thats amazing they have so much culture and Hokkaido is peaceful!
Just ask people although thats not the right thing to do there but just ask around in a polite way!

11,500 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hive Mind 200
gonk
XxXMalice-MizerXxX
An Unknown Kunoichi

teacher tell us what to do on a trip? ya no
Do you plan to do a lot of stuff alone or with friends if not with the teacher? Also what part of Japan?

I would recomend going to Tokyo Disney Sea. It's really different from the Disney Land and Disney World in the US.
Also depending on where you are, try finding a Hot Pepper magazine. they are free to take, but they will have coupons for resteruants and places to go. Also most of the resteruants they list in those magazines are pretty good.

Depending on your age, I would reccommend going to an Izakaya style place, which is basically a bar and grill. The food is usually good and the cocktails they make in Japan are awsome.

Also try the Italian food while you are here. Usually the chain places are not that good, but one of the few good ones would be "La Pausa". Also eat many sweets here. If you see a cafe called "Sunday Brunch" try the food there. It's excellent. Another good cafe would be a place called "Mother Leaf", they have mostly teas, but the meals and such there are good too, but a bit pricey.

Things you should try would probably be Karaoke, and bowling is kind of fun. Not too different from the US though. Also if you go karaoke, a good chain place is called Shindex. They have a really good selection of music (actually had Weird Al omg) and they have a good snack menu if you get hungry.

Again depending on your age, I guess you could always go to one of the dance clubs or something. I've never really cared about going to those places because it's mostly to pick up dates. But I've heard from a lot of my school mates that they have a lot of dance clubs in Roppongi.

Also if you are not into the really really crowded places like Shinjuku or Shibuya, you should go to places like Kichijoji. I actually live 15 minutes from Kichijoji ninja but I prefer it much better to Shinjuku and Shibuya. Also if you end up going to Kichijoji pm me for a list of really good cheap places to eat. Well you would also have to brush up on your Japanese for some of these places. I tend to go to the local places. sweatdrop

Also expect to bring a lot of money. The US dollar is getting a little stronger again, but it's still $1= 90 yen. I lose like $70 when I take out $500 worth of yen out of the atm. So if possible bring travelers checks. And if you have to us the ATM, the ones at the post offices usually work for international cards. Or if you have citi bank, they have that here as well. Also you can us the atms at some convient stores.

11,500 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hive Mind 200
Oh also sense you said you are going during the spring, make sure to bring a warm jacket and a mix of light and warm clothes. It can be pretty windy and cold here during the spring. gonk
......................................................................................................... stressed scream crying xp sad mad cry I had a whole thing typed out about the best things about the Tohoku Region of Japan.................. But it took too long and Gaia signed me out so it didn't work............ stressed scream crying xp sad mad cry so if you wish to know about whats is in this region please message me and I'll tell you...... I do not want to have to redo everything right now...... emo

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff