thats tru
kanji is difficult

Dapper Ladykiller

ghastIy
pardon my hard-on
ghastIy
pardon my hard-on
I'm taking advanced Japanese at my university
but I don't really have the time or the interest to translate manga. Sorry.

its fine
how long have you been learning?

2 1/2 years.
One of which was studying abroad in Japan.

omg cool
how old were you?
rn im like 16 so..

The average undergrad is between 18-23
so you can take a guess.

Phantom

pardon my hard-on
ghastIy
pardon my hard-on
ghastIy
pardon my hard-on
I'm taking advanced Japanese at my university
but I don't really have the time or the interest to translate manga. Sorry.

its fine
how long have you been learning?

2 1/2 years.
One of which was studying abroad in Japan.

omg cool
how old were you?
rn im like 16 so..

The average undergrad is between 18-23
so you can take a guess.

o

Timid Cutie-Pie

I study the kana on my own and I also have Rosetta stone. Got it on an amazing deal some time back. I can read some basic stuff, but I gotta say I'm in love with rosetta stone. The way it teaches is just amazing. As someone said before, learn the kana on your own there are tons of resources online.

A friend of mine who came to America after spending his childhood in Japan told me a method I started using was actually what they did in school there. Turn the kanji into what they mean.
I'll never forget things like car, mountain, etc. because I can see the mountain and the car in the kanji. You have to be a little creative with it at times but it really helps.

I also separate my kanji by school year it's taught so I'm only at like a third grader's kanji level but I still know a lot of kanji because of that. I'm still not too great at actually reading it in a sentence but that's where Rosetta stone comes in cause it teaches you how to speak, read, write, and listen all at the same time.

Bashful Gekko

Last year I was in year 12 (last year of high school) and It was holidays and I was like, ugghhh I wish I could speak Japanese, I wish I could learn, etc etc. and then one day I was like, WAIT, why don't I self teach. I've only been learning for about 4 months I'd say even though I started at the beginning of last year, because I had to take a long break from studying because school got too busy sad But you will be surprised how much you can learn in that time xD And I have just been using online resources and stuff. I used this website to learn the writing system. http://thejapanesepage.com/hiragana. Although I recommend an application called "JA Sensei" smile

Like Amecha below said, add an image to the hiragana/kana and kanji and you will remember easier ^^ (Don't use romanji!)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff