Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello everyone,

I am a Chinese, maybe the only one in this forum.

I think to foreigner, the most difficult things to learn Chinese are reading and writing Chinese character, because writing Chinese character just likes drawing a picture. Some native Chinese, just like me, sometimes maybe forget how to write the Chinese character, because of the popular use of the computer, since many Chinese use pingying to put the Chinese character into the computer.

4,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
hoot! Go Chinese! I'm Chinese too!! ^-^ Yeah, it's harder to write I guess, but once u learn some words, phrases and sentences are easy to learn!

大家辛苦了!!继续努力呀!!
If you need help on characters, just make crazy pictures out of them! The crazier they are, the mor likely you are to remember them. Click.
When I started learning it was so I could go to a trip to China with my friend and her family who are fluent in Mandarin Chinese. ((It was a blast!!)) But while learning it the most difficult thing for me was not the characters but using the right tone. I live in Canada close to Toronto so I could get help almost any time. However I could only speak English and minimal French. It was hard at first, but I really enjoyed it so it became easy for me to recognize words. The only difficulty for me is tone, I can understand other people easily, its harder for them to understand me, because I've only been able to master 2 sometimes 3 tones.
Reading is even easier, writing is fun ... for me anyways

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces