Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Bunny

Evanxeco
Yosh the Panda
I´m not Chinese but I can swear like a sailor in Cantonese ;D

I bet that must be fascinating to hear smile

My friends from work taught me xD
They also taught me how to say "I can understand what you're saying, so watch your words" so I could confuse Chinese people. But I forgot that sentence T__T;
Yosh the Panda
Evanxeco
Yosh the Panda
I´m not Chinese but I can swear like a sailor in Cantonese ;D

I bet that must be fascinating to hear smile

My friends from work taught me xD
They also taught me how to say "I can understand what you're saying, so watch your words" so I could confuse Chinese people. But I forgot that sentence T__T;

Lol nice smile
It's ok even if you forget it. Google translate will always be there for you smile Copy this: "我听得懂你们讲话,以后说话要小心啦" into google translate, have it translate into English and just click the listen button at the bottom to hear the pronunciations.
*points to self* Chinese. More Specifically, ABC. Not pro, but can speak more Cantonese than Mandarin. Can't really read simplified characters cuz I grew up on traditional characters (thank you 10+ years of weekend cantonese school, and years of watching HK dramas. xp ).

I wish to go revisit HK and/or Taiwan some day. I would definitely love to travel to Japan and Korea in my future. 3nodding

Shirtless Millionaire

15,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
I am....but I can't speak Chinese.....

4,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
asians are cool!!!!!!!! blaugh
peachie69142
*points to self* Chinese. More Specifically, ABC. Not pro, but can speak more Cantonese than Mandarin. Can't really read simplified characters cuz I grew up on traditional characters (thank you 10+ years of weekend cantonese school, and years of watching HK dramas. xp ).

I wish to go revisit HK and/or Taiwan some day. I would definitely love to travel to Japan and Korea in my future. 3nodding

It's amazing, I never knew there're Cantonese classes in the US. Though traditional characters are more complex, knowing simplified characters helps me read traditional characters.
Evanxeco
peachie69142

It's amazing, I never knew there're Cantonese classes in the US. Though traditional characters are more complex, knowing simplified characters helps me read traditional characters.

Lol... I find that amazing too. You can't really learn it through the school system, because they base their language classes on the said ethnic's country's official language. If that made sense. sweatdrop Lol. Anyways, I had to take Cantonese through private institutions outside of the public school system. I think I'm the opposite of you, I can recognize some simplified characters if I know the traditional character. sweatdrop I still can't read simplified to save my life.
peachie69142
Evanxeco
peachie69142

Lol... I find that amazing too. You can't really learn it through the school system, because they base their language classes on the said ethnic's country's official language. If that made sense. sweatdrop Lol. Anyways, I had to take Cantonese through private institutions outside of the public school system. I think I'm the opposite of you, I can recognize some simplified characters if I know the traditional character. sweatdrop I still can't read simplified to save my life.

Well I can't say I can read all traditional characters either, once a while I also encounter one or two traditional characters I don't recognize.
Evanxeco
peachie69142
Evanxeco
peachie69142

Well I can't say I can read all traditional characters either, once a while I also encounter one or two traditional characters I don't recognize.
Oy... same here. sweatdrop Best way for me to brush up on reading characters is by following dramas. sweatdrop But even then, I still have bits of hard time on a few characters. But it is pretty good that you can read both simplified and traditional. I envy thou. 3nodding

Beloved Friend

你好!我叫萝莉(Laurie)。 我是澳大利亚人。 我在大学学中文。 我也学印度尼西亚文。 :)

I hope that's right
peachie69142
Evanxeco
peachie69142
Evanxeco
peachie69142

Oy... same here. sweatdrop Best way for me to brush up on reading characters is by following dramas. sweatdrop But even then, I still have bits of hard time on a few characters. But it is pretty good that you can read both simplified and traditional. I envy thou. 3nodding

Lol, it's nothing to be envy about since Chinese is my native language xp
angellic-demon91

I hope that's right

Welcome! smile Yes, you were totally right. Your Chinese is not bad at all biggrin

Timid Prophet

7,875 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Somebody Likes You 100
angellic-demon91

I hope that's right

Congrazzles, that is right! (round of applause)

Dapper Dabbler

9,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Battle: Rogue 100

I'm Chinese!! 4laugh

Super Wife

9,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Married 100
Hi Im Asian... :3.. Im Filipino ^____^