Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Loiterer

9,300 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
MInhovy

Yea, I know. Japan's really expensive.
I really hope you can get to study here.
If ever you got a scholarship do you need to pay it back once you get a job?

Nah, scholarships work differently than loans. Basically, an organization or committee hands you free money and says "you can have this money, but you can only use it for _____." So in my case, I can only use it for a study abroad. But I wouldn't have to pay it back ever, no.

Benevolent Reveler

MInhovy
moon light dreamer11
I am always willing to chat ^^ I am not much of a teacher but love meeting people!

Me too! 4laugh
Helloooo!! heart

Hi there! How are you?

Magical Tree

ErinTringa
Hi! I would love to help you (or anyone else interested) practice English! I'm a Linguistics major who is studying to become an ESL teacher, so I could probably help you practice. I also am good at explaining English grammar and idioms, if you ever had questions.
Anyways, if you're interested, then feel free to friend or PM me whenever you want.

Always nice to see a fellow linguist! ^-^

I speak Japanese pretty well, and Chinese alright. I'm learning Korean because I'll be living there pretty soon. (ah!) Other languages too, but I only really maintained the Asian ones. 4laugh

I can possibly help with English - I can't say how much I'll be online the next several months due to a new job and moving.

Shameless Loiterer

9,300 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
thewaitingtree

Always nice to see a fellow linguist! ^-^

I speak Japanese pretty well, and Chinese alright. I'm learning Korean because I'll be living there pretty soon. (ah!) Other languages too, but I only really maintained the Asian ones. 4laugh

I can possibly help with English - I can't say how much I'll be online the next several months due to a new job and moving.

Woot! [: Nice to meet people who also love Asian languages. We don't have Korean here, or even a good Chinese program. Otherwise I'd be all over that.
ErinTringa
MInhovy

Yea, I know. Japan's really expensive.
I really hope you can get to study here.
If ever you got a scholarship do you need to pay it back once you get a job?

Nah, scholarships work differently than loans. Basically, an organization or committee hands you free money and says "you can have this money, but you can only use it for _____." So in my case, I can only use it for a study abroad. But I wouldn't have to pay it back ever, no.

Oh wow.
Here in Japan they call the loan also a scholarship. DX
There's also a scholarship that you dont need to pay afterwards.
But it's hard to get. You should have high grades or submit an entry and theyll interview you and so on.
And theres this scholarship w/c is actually a loan. Easy to get,just submit a form then voila.
But youll have to pay it afterwards once you find a job after graduating.

I hope that made sense. ><
moon light dreamer11
MInhovy
moon light dreamer11
I am always willing to chat ^^ I am not much of a teacher but love meeting people!

Me too! 4laugh
Helloooo!! heart

Hi there! How are you?

Hello! Im fine but a bit tired. XD
And you? heart

sjh3938's Wife

6,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Citizen 200
Hi! I'm also studying foreign language and like to help people. I studied Japanese when I was in college. Now, I'm working - it's not as easy to learn when you have a job. I mostly learn/practice foreign language with friends ^.^ I've looked for some classes, but they seem a bit expensive. I have a TON of Japanese language study books, and a few Korean. I don't know about anybody else, but I have had a hard time finding good Korean study books at bookstores. Barnes & Noble seems to have a pretty decent selection on Japanese and Chinese, but not Korean. I've had to order my main Korean language books from Amazon gonk

Shameless Loiterer

9,300 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
MInhovy

Oh wow.
But it's hard to get. You should have high grades or submit an entry and theyll interview you and so on.
And theres this scholarship w/c is actually a loan. Easy to get,just submit a form then voila.

It did make sense [:
Here, it is very difficult to get scholarships also. Even loans can be hard to get.
Often, we have to submit reference letters and stuff to be considered, plus we have to have good grades and be what is considered "financially needy". The hardest part for me is that I'm not considered financially needy enough to get scholarships. My family is right on the line where it's hard to pay for college, but the government/school won't help out much at all sweatdrop

Benevolent Reveler

MInhovy
moon light dreamer11
MInhovy
moon light dreamer11

Me too! 4laugh
Helloooo!! heart

Hi there! How are you?

And you? heart

I'm glad ^^ I hope you get some awesome sleep!
and I am pretty good. Thank you for asking. 4laugh

Ice-Cold Bloodsucker

19,890 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Elocutionist 200
I'd love to help you improve your english.
ErinTringa
MInhovy

Oh wow.

It did make sense [:
Here, it is very difficult to get scholarships also. Even loans can be hard to get.
Often, we have to submit reference letters and stuff to be considered, plus we have to have good grades and be what is considered "financially needy". The hardest part for me is that I'm not considered financially needy enough to get scholarships. My family is right on the line where it's hard to pay for college, but the government/school won't help out much at all sweatdrop

Oh, thank goodness that made sense. X3
Ohhh the system is quite the same as it is here too!
The "financially needy" is the most important part. sweatdrop
If only I was rich, then I wouldnt have any money problems..Lol
moon light dreamer11
MInhovy
moon light dreamer11
MInhovy
moon light dreamer11

Me too! 4laugh
Helloooo!! heart

Hi there! How are you?

And you? heart

I did get some awesome sleep! Thank youu! 4laugh
Anyway, how was your day today?
Alice is Madness
I'd love to help you improve your english.

Heyyy!!~~
Yay!!! Thank youu! 4laugh
How are you?:3

Benevolent Reveler

MInhovy
moon light dreamer11
MInhovy
moon light dreamer11
MInhovy
moon light dreamer11

Me too! 4laugh
Helloooo!! heart

Hi there! How are you?

And you? heart

Glad to hear that. Good! I got some awesome sleep as well ^^ It was a pretty productive day.
What about you?
moon light dreamer11
MInhovy
moon light dreamer11
MInhovy
moon light dreamer11

Hi there! How are you?

And you? heart

Glad to hear that. Good! I got some awesome sleep as well ^^ It was a pretty productive day.
What about you?

Really? What did you do today?
I just stayed at home today. Lol
Didnt do anything special..XD
I just wanted to relax because its been a month since I got a day off on a weekend!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff