Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Genius

12,425 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
So, some sort of catholic hell, more or less. Thanks. Didn't expect a video.
HappyHarpy
So, some sort of catholic hell, more or less. Thanks. Didn't expect a video.

If you want to read about Islam's view on Hell then please visit this website's link
http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/344/viewall/
anymore questions?

Quotable Genius

12,425 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
I was sort of hoping you would answer, not post links and videos. I know how to google.
HappyHarpy
I was sort of hoping you would answer, not post links and videos. I know how to google.

Alright then, i was just trying to make it easier for you
Do you have another question?

Quotable Genius

12,425 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Islamic Teacher
HappyHarpy

There's this one about hell. So, what does it look like, in your own words? No quotes from holy books, if possible, please.
HappyHarpy
Islamic Teacher
HappyHarpy

There's this one about hell. So, what does it look like, in your own words? No quotes from holy books, if possible, please.

a pit of fire
anymore questions?

Quotable Genius

12,425 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Islamic Teacher

a pit of fire

No more details? Just ''a pit of fire''?

Islamic Teacher
anymore questions?

Why? You are horrible at answering.
Islamic Teacher
Jester25
Islamic Teacher
I've always been Muslim
I see... well, in other religions, I know that some people have struggled with their faith a lot during their lives. Have you ever had a moment like that? What has kept you, personally, close to the faith?

I like learning about religions, but I also like learning about the people who follow a religion, in case you're wondering...

In the world we live in today, i have indeed struggled with my faith in multiple ways
In society people call us Muslims "terrorists", some Christians I've met called me "devil worshiper"
I blame alot of it on their ignorance and i try to ignore since everyone's entitled to their own opinion
Life is a test for me
I've stayed with my religion simply because i believe that out of all the religions I've researched that its the truth
I've researched Hinduism, Buddhism, Christianity, Judaism, Zoroastrianism, etc.and none seem to be a complete truth to me like Islam is

(Muslim here.)
Adding for the "terrorist" accusement (because i'm totally mad of people acusing muslims are terrorist).
So, first, there's A LOT of muslim terrorist, they bombed the towers because of what they believe as a "jihad" (jihad is a struggle to do something good for islam). But Islam actualy doesn't teach to Jihad by killing those who doesn't believe in Allah, but they always kept in mind that they have to eliminate jews/non-muslims..

sorry if this one is totally out of topic, but i just want to add something. sweatdrop
HappyHarpy
Islamic Teacher

a pit of fire

No more details? Just ''a pit of fire''?

Why not, I gave you references that contain many details about Hell according to Islam

Islamic Teacher
anymore questions?

Why? You are horrible at answering.

As long as I've answered the question , i see no issue
BlueyNova
Islamic Teacher
Jester25
Islamic Teacher
I've always been Muslim
I see... well, in other religions, I know that some people have struggled with their faith a lot during their lives. Have you ever had a moment like that? What has kept you, personally, close to the faith?

I like learning about religions, but I also like learning about the people who follow a religion, in case you're wondering...

In the world we live in today, i have indeed struggled with my faith in multiple ways
In society people call us Muslims "terrorists", some Christians I've met called me "devil worshiper"
I blame alot of it on their ignorance and i try to ignore since everyone's entitled to their own opinion
Life is a test for me
I've stayed with my religion simply because i believe that out of all the religions I've researched that its the truth
I've researched Hinduism, Buddhism, Christianity, Judaism, Zoroastrianism, etc.and none seem to be a complete truth to me like Islam is

(Muslim here.)
Adding for the "terrorist" accusement (because i'm totally mad of people acusing muslims are terrorist).
So, first, there's A LOT of muslim terrorist, they bombed the towers because of what they believe as a "jihad" (jihad is a struggle to do something good for islam). But Islam actualy doesn't teach to Jihad by killing those who doesn't believe in Allah, but they always kept in mind that they have to eliminate jews/non-muslims..

sorry if this one is totally out of topic, but i just want to add something. sweatdrop

I however don't believe that Muslims bombed the twin towers, or that Osama had anything to do with 9/11

Quotable Genius

12,425 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Islamic Teacher

Yeah, it's as if you said to me ''tell me about the forests in Sweden'' and I answered ''a lot of trees''.
But anyway, at least you tried.
HappyHarpy
Islamic Teacher

Yeah, it's as if you said to me ''tell me about the forests in Sweden'' and I answered ''a lot of trees''.
But anyway, at least you tried.

Ok, i'm sorry about that

Here's a more complete answer

Hell is called Jahannam in Arabic
It is also mentioned in the Quran as: "That which Breaks to Pieces", '"Blazing Fire" and "The Abyss". It comes from the Hebrew Gehenna, originally the name of a valley outside Jerusalem

Sinners are the fuel for the fire of Jahannam along with disbelieving Jinns and stones. The fire burns their skins, changing their colour to black due to its intensity. Jahannam has a shadow of smoke ascending in three columns, which yields no shade of coolness against the fierce blaze. Its sparks are described to be as "huge as a palace."

Jahannam is described to have nineteen angels, who will punish wrongdoers. The leader of these angels, as stated in the Quran, is Maalik. Hell is perceived to be so deep that if a stone were thrown into it, it would fall for 70 years – assuming Earth gravity, an Earth-like atmosphere, and an 89.5 m/s terminal velocity, a distance of about 197,708,364,000 meters, or about the average diameter of the orbit of the planet Venus – before reaching the bottom. The breadth of each of Hell's walls are equivalent to a distance covered by a walking journey of 40 years. According to Prophet Muhammad, Maalik is an angel, very severe and harsh, and he will listen to condemned persons' requests for remission of their punishments after 1000 years but then deny those requests as well.

The food of Jahannam described in Hadith and the Quran includes a bitter thorn plant, Dhari, which does not nourish sinners, along with a tree named Zaqqum. Zaqqum is described in the Quran as a tree that springs out of the bottom of hellfire; the shoots of its fruit-stalks are like the "heads of devils" and eating it is similar to eating molten brass that will boil their insides "like scalding water". Sinners drink boiling water that will cut their bowels when they consume it. If they call for relief, they shall be given water described to be like molten brass, which will scald their faces. Hell is also filled with venomous snakes/Scorpions and if they were to bite a person, the person would suffer for 40 years. The residents of Jahannam wear garments of fire that will scorch them. Along with the physical pain, certain sinners in hell will be mentally tortured by the guardian of hell, who will remind them of their misdeeds on earth.

Beloved Fatcat

PM'ed you, never heard back from you. [Islamic Teacher]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas