• Partygoer 500
  • Hero 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
Islamic Teacher
Mr McMichael
Islamic Teacher
Mr McMichael
Islamic Teacher
I'm a Muslim and I'll try my best to answer any questions you may have for me 3nodding
why muslims don't eat pork?

He has made unlawful for you that which dies of itself and blood and the flesh of swine and that on which the name of any other than Allah has been invoked. But he who is driven by necessity, being neither disobedient nor exceeding the limit, then surely, Allah is Most Forgiving, Merciful.
—Quran 2:173

Islamic law is similar to Jewish law for the consumption of pork, that the land animal, to be Halal, it must have split hooves and chew its cud and it cannot have one and not the other, like the pig has split hooves but does not chew its cud.
so it's not just pork? also carnivores animal, is that right?

Yes
I see! thanks for the info
Anymore questions?

Quotable Gawker

That is so great
Love!

Wealthy Citizen

7,925 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Friendly 100
Islamic Teacher
Mysterious Drifter
whats your view of Ahmadiyya?

From my Bahraini & Pakistani friends.. they really don't like them

They're not really Muslims in my view since they believe in a Prophet after Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) even after he clearly said there was no real Prophet after him

"In My Ummah (Islamic Nation), there shall be born Thirty Grand Liars (Dajjals), each of whom will claim to be a prophet, But I am the Last Prophet; there is No Prophet after Me.
(Abu Dawood Vol 2 p. 228; Tirmidhi Vol 2 p.45)"

"Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, 'The Israelis used to be ruled and guided by prophets: Whenever a prophet died, another would take over his place. There will be no prophet after me, but there will be Caliphs who will increase in number.' The people asked, 'O Allah's Apostle! What do you order us (to do)?' He said, 'Obey the one who will be given the pledge of allegiance first. Fulfil their (i.e. the Caliphs) rights, for Allah will ask them about (any shortcoming) in ruling those Allah has put under their guardianship.'
(Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Virtues and Merits of the Prophet (peace be upon him) and his Companions, Volume 4, Book 56, Number 661)"

"Narrated AbuHurayrah: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: There is no prophet between me and him, that is, Jesus (peace_be_upon_him). He will descent (to the earth). When you see him, recognize him: a man of medium height, reddish fair, wearing two light yellow garments, looking as if drops were falling down from his head though it will not be wet. He will fight the people for the cause of Islam. He will break the cross, kill swine, and abolish jizyah. Allah will perish all religions except Islam. He will destroy the Antichrist (Dajjal) and will live on the earth for forty years and then he will die. The Muslims will pray over him.
(Translation of Sunan Abu-Dawud, Book 37, Battles (Kitab Al-Malahim), Number 4310)"

God Himself said in the Glorious Quran

"Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but (he is) the Apostle of God, and the Seal of the Prophets: and God has full knowledge of all things. (The Noble Quran, 33:40)"

Ah ok. Apparently, I was told by a Saudi, a Bahraini & a Pakistani that they cannot pray behind Sunnis & Shiites because it 'makes' them look inferior
muslims-why are you so attractive

Dapper Dabbler

Islamic Teacher

Can you recommend a good English translation of the Koran?
I am a student of comparative religion looking for a copy to add to my library.
Thank you!

Mysterious Drifter
Islamic Teacher
Mysterious Drifter
whats your view of Ahmadiyya?

From my Bahraini & Pakistani friends.. they really don't like them

They're not really Muslims in my view since they believe in a Prophet after Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) even after he clearly said there was no real Prophet after him

"In My Ummah (Islamic Nation), there shall be born Thirty Grand Liars (Dajjals), each of whom will claim to be a prophet, But I am the Last Prophet; there is No Prophet after Me.
(Abu Dawood Vol 2 p. 228; Tirmidhi Vol 2 p.45)"

"Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, 'The Israelis used to be ruled and guided by prophets: Whenever a prophet died, another would take over his place. There will be no prophet after me, but there will be Caliphs who will increase in number.' The people asked, 'O Allah's Apostle! What do you order us (to do)?' He said, 'Obey the one who will be given the pledge of allegiance first. Fulfil their (i.e. the Caliphs) rights, for Allah will ask them about (any shortcoming) in ruling those Allah has put under their guardianship.'
(Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Virtues and Merits of the Prophet (peace be upon him) and his Companions, Volume 4, Book 56, Number 661)"

"Narrated AbuHurayrah: The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: There is no prophet between me and him, that is, Jesus (peace_be_upon_him). He will descent (to the earth). When you see him, recognize him: a man of medium height, reddish fair, wearing two light yellow garments, looking as if drops were falling down from his head though it will not be wet. He will fight the people for the cause of Islam. He will break the cross, kill swine, and abolish jizyah. Allah will perish all religions except Islam. He will destroy the Antichrist (Dajjal) and will live on the earth for forty years and then he will die. The Muslims will pray over him.
(Translation of Sunan Abu-Dawud, Book 37, Battles (Kitab Al-Malahim), Number 4310)"

God Himself said in the Glorious Quran

"Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but (he is) the Apostle of God, and the Seal of the Prophets: and God has full knowledge of all things. (The Noble Quran, 33:40)"

Ah ok. Apparently, I was told by a Saudi, a Bahraini & a Pakistani that they cannot pray behind Sunnis & Shiites because it 'makes' them look inferior

I've never heard or seen such a thing
Therefore I cannot verify if its true
Vanilla_Vodka09

Not sure how to answer this
are you referring to one particular nationality or ethnicity?
Islamic Teacher
Vanilla_Vodka09

well yes, Egyptians. they have a muslim population right..
Venomous Weeble
Islamic Teacher

Can you recommend a good English translation of the Koran?
I am a student of comparative religion looking for a copy to add to my library.
Thank you!

Its pronounced Quran
and I prefer the Yusef Ali translation
http://quran.com/
Vanilla_Vodka09
Islamic Teacher
Vanilla_Vodka09

well yes, Egyptians. they have a muslim population right..

Indeed their country has a majority of Muslims and minority of Christians
Jazakallah khair kathira may Allah reward you with good for what your doing to serve Islam and the people here
A rocking chair
Jazakallah khair kathira may Allah reward you with good for what your doing to serve Islam and the people here

Thank you

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces