Welcome to Gaia! ::

-sephyrie-
Isn't it strange that this thread was moved from the religion and morality forum to the international forum?

I put a thread like this on the religion and morality thread, but i got a lot of atheist haters and they reported it so much it got moved to chatterbox
So i made a new one here

Girl-Crazy Businesswoman

Islamic Teacher
The Depster
May god bless You!! emotion_kirakira

Thank you xd

youre welcome, youre doing the right thing heart youre Brave as heck lol
Anymore questions?

Hilarious Explorer

4,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
Islamic Teacher
Horzta_01
I don't mean to sound offensive, just pure curiosity. But why was Muhammad believed to be the messenger of God and why was Jesus only believed to be a prophet not the Son? And how did Jesus Die according to the Quran?

Good questions and I hope these will be satisfactory answers, if they are not let me know and i'll elaborate more

1. The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) brought revelations from God known as the Quran
2. In Islam Jesus (peace be upon him) is a Prophet, Messenger, Messiah, and born of the Virgin Mary (may Allah bless her). We Muslims believe God has no son just like how the Jews don't believe believe Jesus was God's son.
3. Jesus (peace be upon him) didn't die in the Quran
God saved him and raised him to the Heavens, Jesus however will return to kill the Dajjal

Please do elaborate on all answers. Use the Quran's scriptures if you may.
Horzta_01
Islamic Teacher
Horzta_01
I don't mean to sound offensive, just pure curiosity. But why was Muhammad believed to be the messenger of God and why was Jesus only believed to be a prophet not the Son? And how did Jesus Die according to the Quran?

Good questions and I hope these will be satisfactory answers, if they are not let me know and i'll elaborate more

1. The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) brought revelations from God known as the Quran
2. In Islam Jesus (peace be upon him) is a Prophet, Messenger, Messiah, and born of the Virgin Mary (may Allah bless her). We Muslims believe God has no son just like how the Jews don't believe believe Jesus was God's son.
3. Jesus (peace be upon him) didn't die in the Quran
God saved him and raised him to the Heavens, Jesus however will return to kill the Dajjal

Please do elaborate on all answers. Use the Quran's scriptures if you may.

1. The Prophet Muhammad's coming was prophesied in the Torah and Gospel

"Those who follow the Messenger, the unlettered Prophet whom they find written in the Torah and the Gospel with them. He enjoins upon them that which is right and forbids for them that which is evil. He makes lawful for them all things that are good and prohibits for them all that is foul and he relieves them from their burden and the fetters that they used to wear. Then those who believe in him, honor him, assist him, and follow the light which is sent down with him: they are the successful" (The Qur'an, Al-A'araf(7):157).

"Those unto whom We gave the Scripture recognize (this prophet) as they recognize their sons. But lo! a party of them conceal the truth which they themselves know." (The noble Qur'an, Al-Baqara(2):14)

"And the vision of all is become unto you as the words of a book that is sealed, which [men] deliver to one that is learned, saying, Read this, [I pray thee]: and he saith, I cannot; for it [is] sealed: And the book is delivered to him that is not learned, saying, Read this, [I pray thee]: and he saith, I am not learned. Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near [me] with their mouth, and with their lips do honor me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men: Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvelous work among this people, [even] a marvelous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise [men] shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid. Woe unto them that seek deep to hide their counsel from the LORD, and their works are in the dark, and they say, Who seeth us? and who knoweth us? Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding? [Is] it not yet a very little while, and Lebanon shall be turned into a fruitful field, and the fruitful field shall be esteemed as a forest? And in that day shall the deaf hear the words of the book, and the eyes of the blind shall see out of obscurity, and out of darkness." (Isaiah 29:11-1 cool

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was illiterate. His entire life he never learned to read nor write. The exact circumstances of this first revelation were as follows: It was the habit of Muhammad (peace be upon him) to frequently remove himself from the midst of his fellow Arabs and their heathenistic actions and spend many days secluded in the cave of "Hiraa" in the mountains of Makkah where he would pray to God according to the religion of Abraham (peace be upon him). After many years of this, and having reached the age of forty (610AD), the angel Gabriel suddenly appeared before him and ordered him to "Iqra!" (read, recite, repeat, proclaim). Muhammad (peace be upon him), in his terror thought he was being asked to read, so he stammered: "I am unlettered." The angel Gabriel again ordered him to "Iqra!" Muhammad (peace be upon him) again replied: "I am unlettered." The angel Gabriel now took a firm hold of him and commanded him "Iqraa in the name of Allah who created!". Now Muhammad (peace be upon him) began to understand that he was not being asked to read, but to recite, to repeat. He began to repeat after him, and Gabriel revealed to him the first verses of the Qur'an, those at the beginning of the chapter of Al-Alak(96):

"Read(Iqraa): In the name of your Lord who created, Created man from a clot. Read(Iqraa): And your Lord is the Most Bounteous, Who teaches by the pen, Teaches man that which he knew not." (The noble Qur'an, Al-Alak(96):1-5)

2. Here are some verses of Jesus from the Quran

(And remember) when the angels said: O Mary! Lo! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a word from him, whose name is the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, illustrious in the world and the Hereafter, and one of those brought near (unto Allah).
Quran 3:45

The similitude of Jesus before God is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be". And he was.
Quran 3:59

O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of God aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) an apostle of God, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in God and His apostles. Say not "Trinity" : desist: it will be better for you: for God is one God: Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is God as a Disposer of affairs.
Quran 4:171

And remember, Jesus, the son of Mary, said: "O Children of Israel! I am the apostle of God (sent) to you, confirming the Law (which came) before me, and giving Glad Tidings of an Apostle to come after me, whose name shall be Ahmad." But when he came to them with Clear Signs, they said, "this is evident sorcery!"
Quran 61:06

"Christ, son of Mary was no more than a messenger! Many messengers have passed before his time. His mother was a righteous woman and (like all mortals) both of them had to eat (to live). See how clear have We made Our signs for them! Yet, see how they wander astray. (The Noble Quran, 5:75)"

"In blasphemy indeed are those that say that God is Christ the son of Mary. Say: "Who then hath the least power against God, if His will were to destroy Christ the son of Mary, his mother, and all every - one that is on the earth? For to God belongeth the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all that is between. He createth what He pleaseth. For God hath power over all things." (The Noble Quran, 5:17)"

3. That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Apostle of God";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) know ledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-
Quran 4:157

Narrated Abdullah:

The Prophet mentioned the Massiah Ad-Dajjal in front of the people saying, Allah is not one eyed while Messsiah, Ad-Dajjal is blind in the right eye and his eye looks like a bulging out grape. While sleeping near the Ka'ba last night, I saw in my dream a man of brown color the best one can see amongst brown color and his hair was long that it fell between his shoulders. His hair was lank and water was dribbling from his head and he was placing his hands on the shoulders of two men while circumambulating the Kaba. I asked, 'Who is this?' They replied, 'This is Jesus, son of Mary.' Behind him I saw a man who had very curly hair and was blind in the right eye, resembling Ibn Qatan (i.e. an infidel) in appearance. He was placing his hands on the shoulders of a person while performing Tawaf around the Ka'ba. I asked, 'Who is this? 'They replied, 'The Masih, Ad-Dajjal.' "

Narrated Ibn Umar:

Once Allah's Apostle stood amongst the people, glorified and praised Allah as He deserved and then mentioned the Dajjal saying, "l warn you against him (i.e. the Dajjal) and there was no prophet but warned his nation against him. No doubt, Noah warned his nation against him but I tell you about him something of which no prophet told his nation before me. You should know that he is one-eyed, and Allah is not one-eyed."
kk thx
heart
crying
biggrin
lol
XxAi_Hello-KittyxX
hey

Hello
Do you have a question?

Hilarious Explorer

4,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
So Muhammed was the author of Quran? (Through Allah, of your belief of course)
Horzta_01

Other way around, if anything. It came from Allah, passed on to Gabriel, which was then recited through the Prophet (pbuh).

Hilarious Explorer

4,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
Son of Providence
Horzta_01

Other way around, if anything. It came from Allah, passed on to Gabriel, which was then recited through the Prophet (pbuh).
So the whole Quran was written by Muhammed? As opposed to Christianity where the Bible was composed of many books written by many prophets?

Firebreathing Comrade

Islamic Teacher
-sephyrie-
Isn't it strange that this thread was moved from the religion and morality forum to the international forum?

I put a thread like this on the religion and morality thread, but i got a lot of atheist haters and they reported it so much it got moved to chatterbox
So i made a new one here

The fact that you can be an atheist and not be an a** seems to be lost on some people. That is one reason I don't like attaching the "atheist" label to myself despite being a non-believer.
Horzta_01
Son of Providence
Horzta_01

So the whole Quran was written by Muhammed? As opposed to Christianity where the Bible was composed of many books written by many prophets?

Er, not quite. There's a reason why I said recited. The Prophet (phub) was illiterate (couldn't read nor write) and thus, had people around to write things when he receiving verses from the other side. These scribes would inscribe these verse in whatever objects they could find like cloths and rocks before compiling it into a book.

Jana Lebedeva

Well, not ALL atheists are haters. I have quite a few skeptic/atheist friends in real life, and so I know for a fact that tolerance can be found in any belief. It depends a lot on the individual.
Son of Providence
Horzta_01
Son of Providence
Horzta_01

Er, not quite. There's a reason why I said recited. The Prophet (phub) was illiterate (couldn't read nor write) and thus, had people around to write things when he receiving verses from the other side. These scribes would inscribe these verse in whatever objects they could find like cloths and rocks before compiling it into a book.

Jana Lebedeva

Well, not ALL atheists are haters. I have quite a few skeptic/atheist friends in real life, and so I know for a fact that tolerance can be found in any belief. It depends a lot on the individual.

Thank you for answering for me
May Allah be pleased with you

Hilarious Explorer

4,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200
Son of Providence
Horzta_01
Son of Providence
Horzta_01

Jana Lebedeva

Atheist just a symbol or a label for people that don't have a God. You don't need to attach the label to yourself or recite it, you have your beliefs I have mine. That's it period, your external feelings or desires are external from that word.

Son of Providence

It was quite Enlightening... :3 Thank you

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas