Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm a Muslim and I'll try my best to answer any questions you may have for me 3nodding

Hardened Warrior

Hey, I think that you may get more replies for your thread in the "Morality and Religion" forum. smile

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/morality-and-religion/f.60/
Jester25
Hey, I think that you may get more replies for your thread in the "Morality and Religion" forum. smile

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/morality-and-religion/f.60/

Already tried, they sent it to chatterbox
So, in a nutshell, explain to me what a Muslim is.
Neo

Someone who has submitted to God
Islamic Teacher
Neo

so to submit to God, what does that mean? to be completely submissive and to follow His commands, correct?
Neo
Islamic Teacher
Neo

so to submit to God, what does that mean? to be completely submissive and to follow His commands, correct?

Yes
Islamic Teacher
Neo
Islamic Teacher
Neo

Yes
I really like your profile. I have been reading everything that is on it and I believe what is there. I, too, believe in God.
Neo
Islamic Teacher
Neo
Islamic Teacher
Neo

Yes
I really like your profile. I have been reading everything that is on it and I believe what is there. I, too, believe in God.

Thank you very much it took me a long time to make it
So what religion do you follow?
Islamic Teacher
Neo
Islamic Teacher
Neo
Islamic Teacher
Neo

Yes

Well, I was raised a Christian from childhood. I am now 22 years old, and I still read my bible off and on, and I always seek more advice.

Recently, I have been reading books on Buddhism because its teachings are really nice. It talks about being a loving person to all living things and being non-violent and respecting everyone who believes in a different thing.

I still hold onto my Christian upbringing and just now I never knew what Islam was until reading your profile. It sounds very much like Christianity.

…..I guess…. to answer your question, I don't truly know what religion I follow. I do know that God is the creator of all things, and I do believe in God. I just feel confused a lot of the time about what religion I should follow, specifically, because there are so many version that teach about God. I think to my self sometimes, "What is the real religion that teaches the truth about God?"
Neo
Islamic Teacher
Neo
Islamic Teacher
Neo

Yes

Well, I was raised a Christian from childhood. I am now 22 years old, and I still read my bible off and on, and I always seek more advice.

Recently, I have been reading books on Buddhism because its teachings are really nice. It talks about being a loving person to all living things and being non-violent and respecting everyone who believes in a different thing.

I still hold onto my Christian upbringing and just now I never knew what Islam was until reading your profile. It sounds very much like Christianity.

…..I guess…. to answer your question, I don't truly know what religion I follow. I do know that God is the creator of all things, and I do believe in God. I just feel confused a lot of the time about what religion I should follow, specifically, because there are so many version that teach about God. I think to my self sometimes, "What is the real religion that teaches the truth about God?"

"Who can be better in religion than one who submits his whole self to God, does good, and follows the way of Abraham the true in Faith? For God did take Abraham for a friend. (The Noble Quran, 4:125)"

"They say: 'Become Jews or Christians if ye would be guided (To salvation).' Say thou: 'Nay! (I would rather) the Religion of Abraham the True, and he joined not gods with God.' (The Noble Quran, 2:135)"

"Abraham was not a Jew nor yet a Christian; but he was true in Faith, and bowed his will to God's (Which is Islam), and he joined not gods with God. (The Noble Quran, 3:67)"
Islamic Teacher
Neo
Islamic Teacher
Neo
Islamic Teacher
Neo

Yes

"Who can be better in religion than one who submits his whole self to God, does good, and follows the way of Abraham the true in Faith? For God did take Abraham for a friend. (The Noble Quran, 4:125)"

"They say: 'Become Jews or Christians if ye would be guided (To salvation).' Say thou: 'Nay! (I would rather) the Religion of Abraham the True, and he joined not gods with God.' (The Noble Quran, 2:135)"

"Abraham was not a Jew nor yet a Christian; but he was true in Faith, and bowed his will to God's (Which is Islam), and he joined not gods with God. (The Noble Quran, 3:67)"

I see.

I have a question..

Since, being a Jew or Christian is to be guided to Salvation, through Jesus's teachings. And the purpose of being Islam is to submit to God's will, is there any other purpose of Islam??. Does submitting to God's will bring salvation? or … i don't know. I just don't yet understand.
Neo
Islamic Teacher
Neo
Islamic Teacher
Neo

I see.

I have a question..

Since, being a Jew or Christian is to be guided to Salvation, through Jesus's teachings. And the purpose of being Islam is to submit to God's will, is there any other purpose of Islam??. Does submitting to God's will bring salvation? or … i don't know. I just don't yet understand.

A Muslim who follows Islam is following in the footsteps of Prophet Abraham (peace be upon him) who wasn't a Jew or Christian (He existed long before the Torah,Jesus,etc,)

Islam is peace through the submission of God
Islam is the Religion of Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, and Muhammad (peace be upon them all)

"The Religion before God is Islam (submission to His Will): Nor did the People of the Book dissent therefrom except through envy of each other, after knowledge had come to them. But if any deny the Signs of God, God is swift in calling to account. (The Noble Quran, 3:19)"

"The same religion has He established for you as that which He enjoined on Noah - the which We have sent by inspiration to thee - and that which We enjoined on Abraham, Moses, and Jesus: Namely, that ye should remain steadfast in religion, and make no divisions therein: to those who worship other things than God, hard is the (way) to which thou callest them. God chooses to Himself those whom He pleases, and guides to Himself those who turn (to Him). (The Noble Quran, 42:13)"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff