blaugh blaugh blaugh asia is the biggest continent evah
Indeed it is.

Which part of Asia are you from?

3,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
im from philippines
Asians are smart, and thats how asians roll.
NavyKing

lol.
not me =[
but i'm still doing good in school!

850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
yeh lol by the way im from japan but im smart not to brag

Newbie Elder

I agree!!!!! I'm viet .I have a friend that is Phillipino
You're not better than everyone else just because you're asian. neutral
Oh dear.

This thread is full of waffle.
You're not better then people who are not Asian.

11,500 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hive Mind 200
AiNoKea104
Only because most places in Asia has a higher standard for Education. Also the after school schools make kids even more advance. The juku thing is a major problem in Japan now after the yutori kyoiku went into place.
Also according to the PISA scores, the Asian countries weren't the only ones at the top. Finland did the best, then the next best six, about three countries are Asian. Then again test scores aren't everything.
chocoindmud
im from philippines

Hi whee Mee to!! xd
Roseflare
AiNoKea104
Only because most places in Asia has a higher standard for Education. Also the after school schools make kids even more advance. The juku thing is a major problem in Japan now after the yutori kyoiku went into place.
Also according to the PISA scores, the Asian countries weren't the only ones at the top. Finland did the best, then the next best six, about three countries are Asian. Then again test scores aren't everything.

The major problem with Asian education (even if it is being addressed) is that it's almost pure rote memorization. It works decent for math and sciences in terms of sheer knowledge gains, but doesn't work so well in other fields and doesn't promote independent thinking.

11,500 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hive Mind 200
Fakin Pop
Roseflare
AiNoKea104

The major problem with Asian education (even if it is being addressed) is that it's almost pure rote memorization. It works decent for math and sciences in terms of sheer knowledge gains, but doesn't work so well in other fields and doesn't promote independent thinking.
That is true. That is why the levels of Language Art in Asian countries is lower. I also read somewhere (I think it was for the PISA) that there was a question about stating your opinion (essay type question, no right or wrong answer) and only about 20% of Japanese students who took the test wrote some sort of answer. What the heck happened to the other 80%?!

Also the idea of not promoting independent thinking is mostly the idea of being equal having no child left behind in the classroom. Which is why Japanese students don't freakin' volunteer and raise their hand in class. gonk It's so painful to be the only kid to raise your hand constantly in a college class. After the while the teacher just starts to call on me for all the answers. (end rant)

I know that Japan only needs the memorization skills just so students can past entrance exams. That's why most Japanese people suck so much at English compared to other countries. Korean just amazes me with their English skills sometimes, but I'm it's mostly the series English learners who are like that.
(sorry I only really know about Japan and not too much on other places in Asia, but I agree that Indians are freakin smart)

Edit; ニーハγ‚ͺ
I'm Asian... but I despise this system you know as mathematics. -.-

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas