Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Pyromaniac

9,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Popular Thread 100

It looks like most of you don't really watch Chinese or Taiwanese dramas :C
In case anyone is interested though, I have some recommendations.

The Huntress of Artemis' Chinese/Taiwanese Dramas and Movies Recommendation List

Last Updated:
Format: English name Chinese name (notes)

Secret 不能说的秘密 (Movie)
Meteor Shower 流星花园 (There's also a second season but I don't remember what happened)
Autumn's Concerto下一站, 幸福
Meteor Shower & Meteor Shower 2一起来看流星雨 & 一起又来看流星雨
Hi, My Sweetheart 海派甜心
The Story of a Noble Family 金粉世家
The Legend of Crazy Monk 3 活佛济公 3
Legend of the Condor Heroes 射雕英雄传(1983 version > new version)
The Bund上海滩 (I prefer the 1980 version, but there's a much newer version too)
Big Family 大宅门 (I'm not sure that's correct name in English. As far as I know, there's no official English translation)
Fated to Love You 命中注定我愛你
Hana Kimi 花样少年少女 (Taiwanese version, of course)
The Sorcerer and the White Snake 白蛇传 (2006版)
Black & White 痞子英雄
Journey to the West 西游记 (live action TV series of Monkey King)
Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils天龙八部 (2013 version)
You're the Apple of My Eye 那些年,我們一起追的女孩 (Movie)
Palace II 宫锁心玉 (This was quite the rage in China a couple of years ago)
Green Forest, My Home 綠光森林
Smiling Pasta color=#7AA9DD]微笑 Pasta

Note: this list includes quite a few genres, from slice of life to fantasy. You can usually tell which genres each drama or movie belongs to based on the titles.
The Huntress of Artemis

It looks like most of you don't really watch Chinese or Taiwanese dramas :C
In case anyone is interested though, I have some recommendations.

The Huntress of Artemis' Chinese/Taiwanese Dramas and Movies Recommendation List

Last Updated:
Format: English name Chinese name (notes)

Secret 不能说的秘密 (Movie)
Meteor Shower 流星花园 (There's also a second season but I don't remember what happened)
Autumn's Concerto下一站, 幸福
Meteor Shower & Meteor Shower 2一起来看流星雨 & 一起又来看流星雨
Hi, My Sweetheart 海派甜心
The Story of a Noble Family 金粉世家
The Legend of Crazy Monk 3 活佛济公 3
Legend of the Condor Heroes 射雕英雄传(1983 version > new version)
The Bund上海滩 (I prefer the 1980 version, but there's a much newer version too)
Big Family 大宅门 (I'm not sure that's correct name in English. As far as I know, there's no official English translation)
Fated to Love You 命中注定我愛你
Hana Kimi 花样少年少女 (Taiwanese version, of course)
The Sorcerer and the White Snake 白蛇传 (2006版)
Black & White 痞子英雄
Journey to the West 西游记 (live action TV series of Monkey King)
Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils天龙八部 (2013 version)
You're the Apple of My Eye 那些年,我們一起追的女孩 (Movie)
Palace II 宫锁心玉 (This was quite the rage in China a couple of years ago)
Green Forest, My Home 綠光森林
Smiling Pasta color=#7AA9DD]微笑 Pasta

Note: this list includes quite a few genres, from slice of life to fantasy. You can usually tell which genres each drama or movie belongs to based on the titles.
Thank you for the recommendations smile ! I've watched fated to love you in your list.

Dapper Pyromaniac

9,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Popular Thread 100

XxAriaxX

You're welcome C: I love Fated to Love You emotion_kirakira

7,775 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Profitable 100
Since it's summar, I think I should resume Empress Ki. Damn, I forgot what episode I stopped on T___T
I also heard that the kdrama Gap Dong is very good (also said by my korean friend) so that drama is on my watch list right now.
I haven't watched the popular drama, Coffee Prince; yeah I know, I heard many good ratings about it. I'm a bit skeptical on watching dramas that were aired before 2010, because of the quality (you know how much I hate watching low quality dramas), but I think I'll give it a try so this drama is also going on my watch list..

I also have updated the poll. go vote!

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
I'm currently watching Triangle (mainly because Jaejoong is in it) and I'm really liking it so far.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Re-picking up Shut Up Flower Boy Band. I also just finished watching Three Days a few days ago along with the newest episode of Fall In Love With Me (starring Fahrenheit's Aaron Yan)

7,775 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Profitable 100
Picked up 2 dramas I abandoned since a long time ago and finished it : Queen In Hyun's Man and Faith. Both were okay.

Started watching Fated To Love You (Korean version) and Trot Lovers.
I haven't been keeping up with Fall In Love With You lately. I "tried" to watch Coffee Prince, but I couldn't get past episode 2 even if I force myself. T___T Sorry...

Reading back my reviews that I wrote in 2009 compared to what I wrote in the present day aka 2014; damn! my grammatical errors! LOL I am currently 17, so let's see.... in 2009.... I was only 12. oh well no s**t I was still starting middle school.
Cralala
I haven't been keeping up with Fall In Love With You lately. I "tried" to watch Coffee Prince, but I couldn't get past episode 2 even if I force myself. T___T Sorry...
Haha, don't even worry about it. I think Coffee Prince is actually way overrated. I looked back and thought about it, it wasn't that great.
Sakura Latte
Re-picking up Shut Up Flower Boy Band. I also just finished watching Three Days a few days ago along with the newest episode of Fall In Love With Me (starring Fahrenheit's Aaron Yan)
Ehehehe, SUFBB. :'D I seriously loved that drama. heart You won't be disappointed with the ending. =)
BAP_Kpop
Im in love with Asian dramas !!1 ; u ;
=) What are your favourite ones?
So I've been keeping up with some dramas, but who knows for how long. xD
Marriage, Not Dating | I'm just dying over the hot men in this drama and the dynamics to the story line are great so far. :'D
Trot Lovers | Hrm, I'm still not used to seeing Hyun Woo so skinny and with dirty blonde hair. I think I'm on the edge of dropping it, but it seems like it's going to be good.
Fated To Love You (Korean Version) | I haven't watched the Taiwanese Version, but this one seems really funny so far.
Joseon Gunman | I'm actually really excited to see how they play out the whole story line. Right now, I'm really drawn in and I rarely ever watch historical dramas. Now let's see if it keeps my interest for the whole thing.

And then dramas I've dropped...
You're All Surrounded | I think I just got sick of the misunderstanding in this drama and yeeeeeah...
Angel Eyes | It seemed like I would end up crying rivers for days and I just didn't feel up for that.
Doctor Stranger | I think I was just too overwhelmed with Hoon's obsession over Jae Hee. It got to the point where I was annoyed. xP
Triangle | I don't even remember why I dropped this one, so maybe I'll pick it up again.
So if you guys really liked any of the dramas I dropped, let me know and I miiiiiiight try to pick it up again. xD

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Water_Crystal

Fated To Love You (Korean Version) | I haven't watched the Thai Version, but this one seems really funny so far.

Err, do you mean Taiwanese? Because there was never a Thai version of that drama.
Sakura Latte
Deeerp, yeah I meant Taiwanese. xP I'll go edit that now.

Loyal Sex Symbol

6,900 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
Water_Crystal
BAP_Kpop
Im in love with Asian dramas !!1 ; u ;
=) What are your favourite ones?

shut up and lets go, to the beautiful you , youre beautiful, school 2013 and secret garden etc

7,775 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Profitable 100
Water_Crystal
So I've been keeping up with some dramas, but who knows for how long. xD
Marriage, Not Dating | I'm just dying over the hot men in this drama and the dynamics to the story line are great so far. :'D
Trot Lovers | Hrm, I'm still not used to seeing Hyun Woo so skinny and with dirty blonde hair. I think I'm on the edge of dropping it, but it seems like it's going to be good.
Fated To Love You (Korean Version) | I haven't watched the Taiwanese Version, but this one seems really funny so far.
Joseon Gunman | I'm actually really excited to see how they play out the whole story line. Right now, I'm really drawn in and I rarely ever watch historical dramas. Now let's see if it keeps my interest for the whole thing.

And then dramas I've dropped...
You're All Surrounded | I think I just got sick of the misunderstanding in this drama and yeeeeeah...
Angel Eyes | It seemed like I would end up crying rivers for days and I just didn't feel up for that.
Doctor Stranger | I think I was just too overwhelmed with Hoon's obsession over Jae Hee. It got to the point where I was annoyed. xP
Triangle | I don't even remember why I dropped this one, so maybe I'll pick it up again.
So if you guys really liked any of the dramas I dropped, let me know and I miiiiiiight try to pick it up again. xD

I am also watching Marriage, Not Dating. I thought it'll be another drama with the same, common plot, but I was wrong! So far, I love the comedy they put in and I like the actors/actresses.
I started Trot Lovers, but I haven't went past episode 3. Yeah, it seems like it's going to be good but I feel like I'm about to drop it also... idek.
I love Fated To Love You (Korean) so far too! Omg, his laugh tho... haha! He seems really nice in the Korean version. But damn, Choi Jin Hyuk is hellla hot in this drama.

I dropped You're All Surrounded once since I thought it was getting boring, but then I picked it back up and it got pretty good. I still have 2 more episodes before finishing it.
I also dropped Angel Eyes. This drama just seemed too.... depressing. LOL idk, it seems too mellow or something, with their OST and all that. It was pretty good, I think I might pick it up again laterrr on.
I have 2 more episodes of Doctor Stranger. I agree how Hoon and Jae hee's relationship is to overwhelming, and it seems a bit too much and distressing. I was on the Quack team, but I know Hoon and Quack won't end up together. I think the plot itself without romance would've been pretty good.
I started Gap Dong, but I might drop it haha. It's a crime/serial killer drama with no romance (i think). I heard it's really good but I can't watch a drama without romance in it (besides God's Gift 14 Days; that drama was REALLY good!)

I also want to start watching Joseon Gunman. I heard the main actress isn't quite good. I've watched another drama with her in it and i think she did pretty well. What's your opinion of her acting in this drama?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff