Welcome to Gaia! ::

Newbie Noob

Water_Crystal
ARmageddon WILL come
Have anyone seen Queen In-hyun's Man? I've never been addicted to Korean Dramas like this one since City Hunter and 49 Days...
Yeeeees, it was freaking amazing. <3

xd i heard it was not that popular...but it is REALLY GREAT!
ARmageddon WILL come
Yeah, it was airing at the same time as Rooftop Prince and on tvN which isn't an extremely popular broadcasting network. I'm seriously so happy I gave it a chance.
Gosh, I'm hoping Queen of Ambition turns out to be a good drama.
EDIT :: Just reminds me of Innocent Man, don't even know if I can make it through the first episode.
EDITEDIT :: Made it through the first episode, completely reminded of Innocent Man.

Jae Jin-ah's Oppa

Pokejinka Horangi

Water_Crystal
Hahaha, you wouldn't happen to have your list handy? I'm not too lazy at the moment so I think I could go through a list without dozing off.
My list is private... since I write s**t on it... and I dozed off before you~ //shot//

How is Queen of Ambition similar? It's on my "Possible Watch" list, but I'm afraid it'll be like Flames of Ambition which drove me insane in a DO-NOT-LIKE way... but I loved Innocent Man, because of 송중기's acting.

I haven't watched these below, but do you recommend any? If none are good, since I killed so much of your K-list already SO-VERY-SAD, then just list Japanese or Chinese dramas/movies, since I watch in spare time. c:"

Ice Girl (16 Episodes)
Outrageous Women (18 Episodes)
Midas (21 Episodes)
Soul Special (12 Episodes)
Ma Boy (3 Episodes)
The Secret Angel (10 Episodes)
Pygmalion's Love (12 Episodes)

Then from my list that I would recommend...

Can You Heart My Heart? --- ( WAE U NO WATCH THIS YET? )
I Miss You
A Gentleman's Dignity --- ( Appeals more to the older-ish generation )
Time Slip: Dr. Jin --- ( Reversal of "Rooftop Prince" era and male version of "Faith" )
Padam Padam a.k.a. The Sound of His or Her Heartbeats
The King of Dramas --- ( Somewhat interesting behind scenes )
Scent of a Woman
Little Mom Scandal --- ( A bit on the mature rated end )
Virgin Snow
I Am Sam --- ( Warning; Teacher-student relationship )
[ 4 seasons series w/ Spring Waltz ] ... Summer Scent // Winter Sonata // Autumn Tale

The rest of my list that you haven't seen... I don't really recommend. orz

Excitable Strawberry

Hrm, I just started watching FLAMES of Ambition -- I'm on episode 5 and it's already gone way over the top. I knew it would be bad just by the time of day my local MBC put it on (morning) but I wanted to watch it because of the home town on the coast. lol (I'm a sucker for fishing village home towns.) Oh well, will be interesting to see how much I can stand.

Maybe I'll go check out Queen of Ambition, but I have too much to catch up on at the moment.

Jae Jin-ah's Oppa

Pokejinka Horangi

Silvyee
Hrm, I just started watching FLAMES of Ambition -- I'm on episode 5 and it's already gone way over the top. I knew it would be bad just by the time of day my local MBC put it on (morning) but I wanted to watch it because of the home town on the coast. lol (I'm a sucker for fishing village home towns.) Oh well, will be interesting to see how much I can stand.

Maybe I'll go check out Queen of Ambition, but I have too much to catch up on at the moment.
Ewwwwww... have fun with Flames of Ambition. -NOT- ...I have no idea how I even lived through that drama after wanting to flip tables. It's REALLY draggy. I was anticipating FoA before it released, but when it did... HORROR.

Newbie Noob

Water_Crystal
ARmageddon WILL come
Yeah, it was airing at the same time as Rooftop Prince and on tvN which isn't an extremely popular broadcasting network. I'm seriously so happy I gave it a chance.

oh so that's the reason, well i watched rooftop prince but switched to Queen In hyun's man, cause i find it more interesting, i'm glad to my sis watched that haha got hooked up easily.
I'm obsessed with Matsumoto Jun
Oguri Shun got married and it makes me sad xD
ARmageddon WILL come Jong Kook :: Well the synopsis of it seems so similar to Innocent Man.
When you grow up in extreme poverty, the experience can instill a steely resolve to succeed at all costs. Joo Da Hae (Soo Ae) is determined to leave her life of poverty behind and will stop at nothing until she achieves the wealth and lifestyle she so desires. Ha Ryu (Kwone Sang Woo), who loved Da Hae and would have done anything for her, is used and betrayed by her in her greedy quest. He later becomes a public prosecutor who must bring her down. But the heartless Da Hae, who rises to become First Lady, has plenty of others who will sacrifice themselves at her whim, including the smitten Baek Do Hoon (U-Know Yunho of TVXQ). Can the ruthless Da Hae be stopped before she goes too far?

The first episode really resembled it with the lines spoken and contained scenes that were really a mirror to Innocent Man. However, after watching the second episode it seems it's diverted to it's own path. I think I'm going to give it a chance, although it doesn't have any actors I'm attached to in it. Heheh, now suggestion time...
Ice Girl (16 Episodes) :: I wouldn't suggest this one. It was slow paced and the story line was even a little odd. (Before her marriage, a young lady suddenly suffered a heart attack. She was moved to her father's hospital, but he wasn't able to save her. So he took her body and froze her until he could find a way to save her. And 25 years later, in 2005, she is revived. But she can't remember her fiance... and she falls in love with his son... - DramaWiki)
Outrageous Women (18 Episodes) - Ah, I totally recommend this one. Surprisingly, it was a lot better than I expected. Plus I enjoyed seeing Lee Ki Woo on the screen. x3
Midas (21 Episodes) - I personally didn't like this one. Maybe because it was a business based drama. It was one of those dramas I dropped then picked up later. Managed to force myself to finish it because Lee Min Jung was in it. xP
Soul Special (12 Episodes) - Now I don't remember very much about this aside from the fact that each episode was really short. I believe from 5-10 minutes long. Also has Han Hyo Joo in it and most likely worth watching if you have time.
Ma Boy (3 Episodes) - Yeeeees, I seriously loved this little series. I wish they had made it longer. ;3; It was just so full of cuteness.
The Secret Angel (10 Episodes) - This is another web-series where the episodes ranged from 10-20 minutes. I thoroughly enjoyed it and actually finished it in a day. I never realized how hot Jang Woo Hyuk until I finished it. Plus Kim So Eun is in it and love her as an actress.
Pygmalion's Love (12 Episodes) - I heard a few good reviews about it so I decided to give it a try. I believe it's another web-series, but they've also joined all the episodes together in a movie. I just found it to be over all slow ariend uninteresting.
Then I shall suggest a few Japanese movies, if you want more just tell me.
Confessions (106 minutes)
Crows Zero (130 minutes)
Gantz (130 minutes)
Gantz: Perfect Answer (141 minutes)
The Incite Mill (107 minutes)

Now time to comment on your suggestions...
Can You Heart My Heart? --- ( WAE U NO WATCH THIS YET? ) :: I've actually seen a bit of this then dropped it...yes you can totally judge me. So I'm guessing I should probably pick this back up? I mean I've seen so many spoilers for it though. ;_;
I Miss You - Another drama I've dropped...I mean I love Yoo Chun's acting and everything. It just feels like the adult acting fell a little short compared to the younger ones. I mean I did plan to pick this back up eventually, just not sure when. Maybe soon-ish since it just recently ended.
A Gentleman's Dignity --- ( Appeals more to the older-ish generation ) :: Yeah, found that it appealed to the older-ish generation and dropped it as well.
Time Slip: Dr. Jin --- ( Reversal of "Rooftop Prince" era and male version of "Faith" ) :: Ah, I've dropped this one too. I think I got a little bored somewhere in the middle.
Padam Padam a.k.a. The Sound of His or Her Heartbeats :: Now this one I haven't seen yet. I'm so tempted to watch it though since Han Ji Min and Kim Bum are in it. Hhhhhmm, shall definitely have to add on my next to watch list. =D
The King of Dramas --- ( Somewhat interesting behind scenes ) :: I don't know if it's because of the actors, but this is also a drama I've dropped after watching 2 episodes.
Scent of a Woman :: Then I could not bear to finish this one. I dropped it about halfway through. I seriously thought about the outcome and figured I'd save myself hours of crying. I was already a mess watching it.
Little Mom Scandal --- ( A bit on the mature rated end ) :: Hrm, I might take a look at it.
Virgin Snow :: I've been wanting to watch this because of Lee Jun Ki and the story line seems really cute/mysterious.
I Am Sam --- ( Warning; Teacher-student relationship ) :: Ah, I love the teacher-student relationship story line. -shotshot-
[ 4 seasons series w/ Spring Waltz ] ... Summer Scent // Winter Sonata // Autumn Tale :: Oh I didn't realized that these fell into a seasons series. I must watch them since I loved Spring Waltz immensely.
So you wouldn't recommend Flames of Ambition? I kind of wanted to watch it because I've come to like Seo Woo as an actor.

Solar Mage

13,725 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
Zelo! emotion_bigheart
Bah, finishing off the first season of The Romantic Idol kept me up. Also watched the first few episodes of the second season too. It's already 6am...I hate myself for saying "Just one more episode then I'll sleep.". xP Well since no more episodes are out I'll head to bed.

Jae Jin-ah's Oppa

Pokejinka Horangi

@Water_Crystal;

Derp. No quote and probably directed at the wrong person in your bold. xd
Anyways, just reading that synopsis DID sound like Innocent Man. Though, ye, I would hope that it really has it's own unique line rather than following the same idea. I guess I'll wait it out later when more episodes have been released and there's some reviews towards it - too soon/early to predict at this point now. As for the recommendations, I'll add Outrageous Women, Ma boy, The Secret Angel and the Japanese movies to my "maybe" list. c:"

CYHMH? is actually one of my favorites personally and the one I would recommend most, but well... everyone has their own styles in dramas/movies, soooo~ it's really up to you whether or not to finish things. It sucks that you got spoilers though - I really hate them... makes a movie/drama less interesting when you know. As for the others, of course, there's things that fall short (most dramas have some flaw, normally to the end), so again, it's up to your own judgement. Annnndddd.... yes, Spring Waltz is one of four series together. Personally, I prefer Winter Sonata > Autumn Tale > Spring Waltz > Summer Scent... in that order. >w<

Unless you can tolerate so many episodes of draggi-ness, flashbacks, constant streaming and yelling, betrayals, fights about tons of money and power, and just... did I mention flashbacks and repetitive reminders? ...I do not recommend. This drama was one hell of a headache that I had to force myself to finish. The characters just... do not appeal to me in the least and their fights for the inheritance just... dislike.

I'm at the latest episode for The Romantic & Idol - watched it when it first started airing, but I feel like the second season is moving too fast, but the first season had too many flashbacks. D;"
I sometimes... skip many episodes of drama and watch the end... I also skip scenes ahaha...

My friend really likes I miss you. She told me the story up to the last episode she saw.

So, I watched 13, 19, 20 and 21 XD hehehe...

Noob

8,400 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Noob wrangler 100
I recently finished Heartstrings
ughhh i cant get over it, i keep replaying episode 8-11
those two are just soo cute together
now im watching you're beautiful
i wish she would pair up with shinwoo ;w;
J e l l y A w e s o m e
I recently finished Heartstrings
ughhh i cant get over it, i keep replaying episode 8-11
those two are just soo cute together
now im watching you're beautiful
i wish she would pair up with shinwoo ;w;
I love Heartstrings too !
Have you seen You are Beautiful ?
JongHwa was just a secondary actor that was also in love with Park Shin hye....

It's just cute to see them in Heartstrings as a couple.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff