Welcome to Gaia! ::

So, I'm here to fully admit I love a good accent, from you Brits to you Aussie's and everything in between, I love them.... So here's the question, I'm an American right, and I (on American terms) don't have an accent as far a nothern(New York) or southern(texas) goes, I'm nutral...So do you guys from other places...yes even you Canadians...think our accent is cool or do you all hate us stupid no-culture Americans...?

5,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
aww. i wonder if other people really think we have accents or maybe we do if we go different places
emeraldempress
aww. i wonder if other people really think we have accents or maybe we do if we go different places

Were Are You From?
I find the american accent kinda annoying. *hides* I mean we have a LOT of american tv shows and over here is seems whiny. XD

Well I'm british.
but I'm a northerner... probably half of england find my accent annoying or hard to understand. :3
I have heard (I don't know how true it is) that Australians like American accents.
My sister studied abroad there in college, and that seemed to be her experience as well.

I'm American and married to a Brit. He seems to tolerate my voice well enough. XD

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
jisoon x
I find the american accent kinda annoying. *hides* I mean we have a LOT of american tv shows and over here is seems whiny. XD

Well I'm british.
but I'm a northerner... probably half of england find my accent annoying or hard to understand. :3

There are tons of different American accent. There's the Asian-American accent (only present in FOBs), the heavy southern accent, the New York accent, the Boston accent, the Baltimore accent, the New Jersey accent, the soft California accent, etc.
hmmmm wll i can't be too sure...i'm from new york, but i can't tell you if i have a new york accent.... i do however, recognise the southern accents we have in the US
i ♥ the british accent xD
I have to admit, I only sometimes like my accent. I live in Pennsylvania, but because of my family heritage, I have an American Italian accent--frankly I like it. ^ ^ (But I secretly love German accents.)
Yugao
I have heard (I don't know how true it is) that Australians like American accents.
My sister studied abroad there in college, and that seemed to be her experience as well.

I'm American and married to a Brit. He seems to tolerate my voice well enough. XD

Mostly untrue, in my honest opinion.

We make fun of it, more then 'like' it.
An Unknown Kunoichi

This sounds more like your personal opinion rather than the general opinion. Obviously one cannot pigeonhole the whole country saying what everyone likes or doesn't like, because everyone is an individual. So I'm not saying your opinion is wrong, but I can say that most people my sister met in Australia loved her American accent, and I've read the same sentiment from people on the internet, as well. *shrug*
Yugao
An Unknown Kunoichi

This sounds more like your personal opinion rather than the general opinion. Obviously one cannot pigeonhole the whole country saying what everyone likes or doesn't like, because everyone is an individual. So I'm not saying your opinion is wrong, but I can say that most people my sister met in Australia loved her American accent, and I've read the same sentiment from people on the internet, as well. *shrug*

Well, it is my opinion.

After all, they can't really make fun of American accents in front of Americans themselves. That's just rude.

Besides, my age group isn't the most mature of the bunch. rolleyes
i am from missouri, born in California, raised in different homes, and each of them think that I have a slightly british accent, I don't think I do lol I just speak clearly and pronounce my words carefully and correctly. lol Though I do have a friend who is from China and she thinks that my accent, if I have one, is really interesting.

Thirteenth Genius

13,825 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Streaker 200
  • Signature Look 250
Just visiting, but I do like it ninja
Nope not me.
Hello, I'm back, glad to see so many responses...

I have to agree with most of you about the annoying American accent, I don't really like it...but hey what can I do(move to Austrailia), I do however love visiting friends in Washington State and I love there accent, but the southern thing gets on my nerves, I also have a bunch of international friends thanks to my travels and they think I sound more like a Brit than anything, I have a problem saying the word Orphans without slipping into a British accent...I act so I do alot of voice work...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff