Welcome to Gaia! ::

Divine Cleric

SO. the JET application is very intensive. So good luck.

I recommend InteracAmerica. Less intensive. The JET program is slowly being phased out too.

Obsessive Man-Lover

27,675 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Abomination 100
  • 50 Wins 150
JET application is seriously intensive

it's kind of crazy they expect you to get so much stuff together in such a short time

i had to keep bothering my doctor about his medical statement when i applied because where i'm from if you want a doctor's letter you need to be prepared to wait at least 2-3 weeks but i kind of needed it in like 3 days by the time i made and went to an appointment to get dates of previous appointments and discuss needing a statement. then i had to write my own page about previous illness and call doctors again to find out more dates. i guess this stuff isn't as annoying if you don't have anything to include about your medical history though

then there's explaining to the people writing your references exactly what they need to include in your reference, how many copies you need and that it needs to be sealed with their signature over the seal etc.

it's kind of heartbreaking to go through all that, spend a lot time preparing/studying (i studied a lot because i knew they can ask questions about current events in japan and i don't even keep up with current events in my own country) for the interview, waiting months and then just getting "lol no" and nothing more.
but i'm so used to being rejected for teaching jobs in japan i wasn't even surprised really. i just opened the letter, glanced over it, put it away somewhere and started looking for jobs online again

while i'm being negative about my own experiences,
it's actually probably shittier to travel 8 hours on a bus overnight (or 10 hours when your bus is delayed 2 hours and you end up panicking about getting there on time) to go to an interview, pay for an overpriced london hotel for one night in hope that you'll be invited back for the second interview day, get the "nope" letter after the first day and be stuck for another day in a city you can't afford to do much in before the 8+ hour bus journey home. which gets worse every time you go to the same interview and watch the same videos and hear the same old crap from the recruiters every time and they still never even invite you for the second day and you're so sure they're not going to invite you that you actually start predicting it and buying tickets for fun things on the second day because you know if you don't you're just going to be wandering around london alone feeling like s**t. they know who i am. they say "hi again" every time i go to their stupid patronising interview sessions. they should just reject me when they see i submitted an application again instead of continually inviting me back to interview and rejecting me after i waste a lot of time and money.
>_> sob story over

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces