Exchange?

Awesome! 0.40625 40.6% [ 13 ]
Eh, not for me. 0.1875 18.8% [ 6 ]
I've been! 0.1875 18.8% [ 6 ]
More info, please? 0.0625 6.2% [ 2 ]
Poll whore. 0.15625 15.6% [ 5 ]
Total Votes:[ 32 ]
1 2 3 >

Yep, looking to network with some Gaian foreign exchange students. I am going to Turkey with the Rotary club in 2009-2010 for a gap year. I'll be living with a host family and attending a Turkish high school for eleven months, and I'm so excited to be going!

Anyone else here an exchange student, or someone who has studied abroad? Inbounds, outbounds (that's me!), rebounds, yo-yos; college, high school, or gap year?

I can also answer any questions you may have on high school foreign exchanges with most of the larger groups. I'm most familiar with Rotary (RYE), but I also know some about the American Field Service (AFS Intercultural), Youth For Understanding (YFU), and the Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange (CBYX). And basic stuff about being an exchanger.
heey im thinking about going to austria on a exchange program.. im still deciding though :]
Neat! Why Austria?
it was either austria or france and like my school is having some kind of sale on those programs but yea.. i already know french and going to austria would be a great experience... expanding on my very little german language hahaha one of the exchange students at my school said its the place to be :]
Mhm. I'm going to major in French and German in college, so I didn't want to go to a French- or German-speaking country on exchange -- although there's a chance my Turkish host family could speak French or German. If they do, I'm going to try not to communicate in English at all.

Your school does exchange programs? I wish my school was that good.
yea its my last year next year soo i kinda lucked out finding all of this out :] see i love traveling so i had to take the opportunity... im kinda and not kinda hoping for a big change.... but if there is a big change thatss awesome :] apparently austria has really good ski and snowboarding mountains ;]
Well hey, if you don't go before you graduate, you can go on a gap year like I am. A lot of programs offer gap year options.

Skiing? Never been -- but I want to. Turkey's got such a rich heritage, which is why I put it as one of my options. My first two choices were Norway and the Czech Republic, but they filled up and I got Turkey, my third choice. But I'm uber-happy with it.

I have to go. If there's anything you want to ask me, go ahead and I'll get to it tomorrow. ^__^
whats a gap year?
A gap year is a year taken between graduating high school and going to college. I will graduate in less than three months. Then I'll leave for Turkey in August and come back in June or July of 2010. That fall, I'll start college. The time I am in Turkey will be my gap year.
yay! im in belgium right now with rotary. been here 6 months. LOVE IT.
Rotary's awesome. I had my outbound orientation this past weekend, and it was amazing.

Sarcastic Felis catus

That's really cool, I hope you have fun going abroad. I wanted to study abroad, but I don't think I'll be able to.

Not to advertise in your thread, but if there's any study-abroad students who are from another country and studying in the US, please help me out with my homework by visiting my thread here. I need to find someone to interview for my class really badly. >_<
0o-K i t s u n e-o0
yay! im in belgium right now with rotary. been here 6 months. LOVE IT.

Yay for Belgium!!

I'm currently doing a semester in Belgium via the ERASMUS exchange students program =3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff