Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Profitable 100
hi, I'm english and in england when we go to the bar we ask for a pint of strongbow or carling or whatever. I know that in america you guys don't normally deal with pints so i was just wondering what it is you say at a bar and what kind of size drink would you get?
Most places don't have a set of sizes you can choose from. You just say whatever drink you want and it comes in a glass. :p

Wheezing Fatcat

In dealing with beer, you just say the name of what you want. If you want a Heineken, you say Heineken. If you want a Bud, order a Bud. Sometimes they just give you the opened bottle and a glass to put it in. If it's on tap, they put it in a mug for you. Really depends on where you go.

Some bars will have table specials where you can buy pitchers for multiple people. I think a pitcher is just under 2 liters, but obviously it's meant for several people.

Lonely Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Profitable 100
piparminttukaramelli
In dealing with beer, you just say the name of what you want. If you want a Heineken, you say Heineken. If you want a Bud, order a Bud. Sometimes they just give you the opened bottle and a glass to put it in. If it's on tap, they put it in a mug for you. Really depends on where you go.

Some bars will have table specials where you can buy pitchers for multiple people. I think a pitcher is just under 2 liters, but obviously it's meant for several people.

so do american bars use mugs?

Wheezing Fatcat

Jin_of_the_thunder
piparminttukaramelli

so do american bars use mugs?

Occasionally. Either that or a pilsner glass.

Onion Princess's Other Half

Witty Fatcat

You order a beer, a glass of wine, or a cocktail.

Lonely Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Profitable 100
[pia]

not what i asked

Shirtless Lunatic

6,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
It depends. I'm in NYC, but it will vary by state. Some places will sell bottles in 16 oz, some will pride themselves on selling an actual "pint", but you usually get 12-16 oz when you order a beer. Depends if its on tap or bottle/can.

edit to follow up: you do usually just order the drink by name, and the board behind the bar will list if it's bottle or tap, so you know how much you're getting at that point. One of the only places I've actually had serious mugs of beer are Japanese places, actually.

Onion Princess's Other Half

Witty Fatcat

Jin_of_the_thunder
[pia]

not what i asked
You asked about size and we don't do that here. You walk up to a bar and if you want a beer, you just say what kind and they bring it out.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff