Welcome to Gaia! ::

Conservative Citizen

A wonderful artist on deviantart, created some beautiful timelines on the developement of Vietnamese clothing. Unfortunately, the resources out there plentiful when it comes to Vietnamese clothing in comparison to other eastern countries such as Japan and Korea. However, I hope that in the future more research will be done, so that more resources will be available.

Often when people think of Vietnamese clothing, the Ao Dai comes into mind. This is the most common image for foreigners when it comes to Vietnam. However an even older piece of clothing is the Ao Tu Than, which bears characteristics of older garments in Vietnamese history. The Ao dai is actually a fairly recent developement.

Overall developement of female Vietnamese clothing:
User Image

1000 years of Vietnamese clothing:

User Image

Le Dynasty clothing ( for females):
User Image

Hairstyles and headwear over the years:
User Image

Conservative Citizen

Dangerous Autobiographer

i already know about the "Timeline of Vietnamese Clothing" and its always on my mind

i liked the fig 5, fig 6, fig 15 and modern aoi dai with hat

about the second picture
1,000 years of vietnamese clothing

i totally like the modern clothing but i never know the Jing Girl?

Conservative Citizen

Lethal Dominique
i already know about the "Timeline of Vietnamese Clothing" and its always on my mind

i liked the fig 5, fig 6, fig 15 and modern aoi dai with hat

about the second picture
1,000 years of vietnamese clothing

i totally like the modern clothing but i never know the Jing Girl?

The Jing Girl is supposed to be a female from the Vietnamese ethnic group living in China. Basically their culture (i.e: clothing, music) is just taken from Modern day Vietnam, so not really an accurate representation of the group. Lol. More artificial.
So informative.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces