Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which of the following do you want to see focused on?

More animated items!! =D 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 2 ]
More regular items!! =) 0.5 50.0% [ 6 ]
Glitches!! =/ 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Outside of the house!! =P 0.083333333333333 8.3% [ 1 ]
GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD 0.25 25.0% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 12 ]

13,350 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
As I'm sure all of you know Gaia has finally initiated the long-awaited housing update!! heart I'm so excited I can't wait to see what Gaia's going to roll out next! But what will be next? What do you want to see? I thought I would make a list of the things people wanted to have happen, such as ideas for new items, whether anyone liked the animated items, glitches that need to be fixed and whatnot. Basically suggestions for the next batch of new items. More than anything I just want to talk about what's happening with the housing update and all of the awesome new stuff. 4laugh

((List will go here when started, I tried to categorize them.))
Inside the House

Outside the House

Item Ideas

Glitches

13,350 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Well I suppose I'll get things started...

I know personally I have quite a few ideas and suggestions. For one, not many people seem to focus on this, but what about new tiles? If they could have a library-themed wall or a stained-glass window-themed wall that would be beautiful! And round rugs? All of the rugs I can find are square! If they could make rugs that are different sizes instead of just small so there could be some that take up almost the whole floor that'd be great!

In addition to those suggestions, as far as The Faktori and The Marketplace goes, I wish we could have a preview of how items are going to look in our houses. The aquarium does it with fish and decorations, why not the houses? One of my big frustrations is buying an item I think I like but when I see it in my house it isn't what I thought. You can't get a very accurate look at many of the items in the shops.

As for outside the house, wouldn't it be cool to have balconies? Medieval themed, modern themed. Gaia could add on to existing item themes and create new ones. That would open a door for more items such as seat-swing thingies, more plants, lights; outside items that could go on a balcony. That could also possibly open the door for multiple floors in the houses and stairways.

Fir future item ideas, I'm not sure. Maybe a throne room for royalty, a fairy theme, a military theme for guys (And girls, too, who are interested). Wouldn't it be cool if we had ceiling items? Snowflakes that hang from the ceiling are what I imagined first, but this could expand to banners, chandeliers!! biggrin

I know this is all very intricate and I don't at all expect it to take form overnight. I realize it is a process. These are just my thoughts. What do you think?? 4laugh

Generous Donator

11,900 Points
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I don't use the homes much, but I would like to see more tiles, and maybe animated items. For example, I have the Changling Baby Boy. It's be nice if I could put him in my house, and could crawl or blink. It'd just be cute.
Outside of the home? Was there an "outside of the home" announcement? I mean, are we gonna be building yards?

13,350 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Ego sum Alucinatio

Well, no, there wasn't an outside the home announcement. I just meant that a lot of people want there to be updates to the outsides of the houses. How this would work I don't know. I just wanted to see what people thought. Some have said gardens, others the look and style of the home.

Romantic Mage

16,725 Points
  • ReAnimated 50
  • Temple Takeover 200
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
Inside the home.
Walls you could put up.
Instead of using basic shelves for walls.
Upstairs room with a arrow link to it.
King or Queen sized beds.
Old classic detail in colors or wood the better with a matching bed set.
No stuff over it like the gothic beds.
Example:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Maybe new couches with style.
Indoor pool like one in MTV Hollywood hangout.

XD

That I would love to see.

13,350 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
-Yuui-TR-Flourite-

That is beautiful! What a wonderful suggestion! That would be so great to have bigger beds. We could buy pillows and blankets and whatnot. I And having walls to put up would give us more customization!! heart

Romantic Mage

16,725 Points
  • ReAnimated 50
  • Temple Takeover 200
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
Queen Rae Luna
-Yuui-TR-Flourite-

That is beautiful! What a wonderful suggestion! That would be so great to have bigger beds. We could buy pillows and blankets and whatnot. I And having walls to put up would give us more customization!! heart

^^

Mhm
I know.
Some of us guys.
Also.
Would love a open bar like kitchen with a bottle rack.
Like one in MTV Hollywood hangout but different with a kitchen twist.

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
What I want to see next is that they implement some of the suggestions in my petition.

Obsessive Browser

10,675 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Advent Attendee 50
Now here's a thread I can get into!

Inside:
I'd like to see some expansion on some of the older themes, like adding those room screens for the "Honorable" set, or perhaps actual lines of books to put on the bookshelves, and yes, I agree with more styles of rugs. I'd like if they added "Antique" styled couches and parlor chairs and the such.

Also, with new wall/floor tiles why not some more wall decor? Like classic-style paintings in more than the size dimensions of the puzzles? Along with that, why not have "hanging" things for over doorways or windows. You know, curtains and such. You could easily design all sorts of styles of drapes to match each set that they already have!

This goes along with some different style/sized windows, like a bay window, or french doors, or a whole wall tile of windows like an office building.

One last thing, would be a division of floor/wall tiles, like placing multiple styles of tile on different sections of the floor/wall to "Divide" the rooms.

*EDIT* I forgot! Moldings, wainscoting, and floorboards! Those would really make a nice touch to the room.

Outside:
I love the idea for a Garden or Yard. You're given that little deck thing to run around on when you visit the house, why not put it to use?

AND on that note, why not use the flowers (even trash!) we gather in Gaia Towns to plant in our own gardens? I think it'd work a lot like the bouquet exchange with Rina, only you're exchanging flowers (and maybe a bit of gold for the flowerbox), or crafting garden decorations from trash with Peyo for a useable item in your House/Garden!

Other:
I'd also have to agree with you Rae Luna about the "no Preview" thing. I just bought a TV for a small spot on my wall and found that it was far too big! I just wasted 3000 gold.

13,350 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
-Yuui-TR-Flourite-

That would be interesting, I could see myself hanging out at a guy's house like that. Girls would like it, too, I should think. That's a really good suggestion. whee

13,350 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Ping of Death
What I want to see next is that they implement some of the suggestions in my petition.

I'll have to take a look at it, I've seen that signature picture quite a lot around here. 3nodding

13,350 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Rosenkrantz

I don't think I could agree with you more! I love the idea for more wall decor and different paintings. curtains, I'd fall in love! They could even be animated so you could open or close them whenever you wanted! I can just imagine some white lace curtains or gothic set curtains! Books for the bookcases makes perfect sense, why not? I read quite a lot so it would only be accurate.

They have some nice couches but I am with you with seeing more styles. Not even just antique (Like I love) but modern, abstract, anything! Give us variety so our houses are easier to customize and make unique. I think bay windows would be the most beautiful things ever! I'd buy as many as I could fit in my house! Different sizes will help give us more options for our walls.

I like dividing the room, but I still want to hold out for actual rooms in our houses. When I say these things, I think of Animal Crossing (Absolutely love!! heart ). I don't mean to copy it exactly by any means, but the concept of having multiple rooms more than anything. You could choose where to put the rooms and the openings to them, then they would start out as small as possible and the owners could upgrade them for the same price as their first room. Stairways could be spiraled, normal, narrow, ect.

As for outside, I think it would be nice to decorate the outside. I understand that's a big step for the housing project but I'd rather Gaia not look like the suburbs (No offense to anyone who lives in the suburbs sweatdrop ). I really want a balcony (I talked about that in my second post) and a garden can't hurt anything.

My main issue with houses since I started was not being able to preview and losing money as a result of buying things I only thought I liked. Even now I still have that problem. If the aquariums can have previews we really should have the house items with previews, too.

Thank you for the wonderful discussion! blaugh

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
I would really like to have the glitches fixed first as with new items comes new glitches.
I really do love the animated items though. Maybe some kittens in a little basket moving or woven pet bed? A dog laying down wagging his tail slowly would be cute. (sleepy but happy puppy)

What we really need is more basic furniture though. New beds in sizes, from king to twin.
Maybe some blankets? ones that you can throw on the couch and ones for the end of the bed (so two differently shaped blankets to fit these area's)

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
For the outside I would like to see, for one, paint. It's be nice to more fully customize the look of my house, a choice of paint and roof color, along with window type.

STAINED GLASS WINDOWS.
, choice of mailboxes, lamps for outside. different welcome mats, and soem different kinds of shrubbery and flowers. Something I'd love, but probably wouldb't happen would be the option with the use of the little clickable arrows being, a small backyard with some outside items and a second floor. Maybe an option to go up to the roof if the house has a flat roof.
I just hate that every house looks the same.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff