Welcome to Gaia! ::

Noble Inquisitor

Is there any possible way to make your house smaller?
like if you don't like your house being soooo big?

I'm sure this has been asked many times before....

In a relationship with A majestic angel

Beloved Bunny

11,175 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Doggone It! 100
How can I put my house in my profile? Is there a way?

Thanks smile

Hallowed Sex Symbol

14,550 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Millionaire 200
Sylinxia
How can I put my house in my profile? Is there a way?

Thanks smile

Hello, you can put your house on your profile by going to the editor, and then to content.
There you will see an option that says House.

Don't forget to save.
^_^
BeautifulLust
Mirashi
OK... So my issue.

I have 4 times locked in the "REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY OLD Inventory Arranger" under "House".
The 4 items are Avatar equippable items and that's it. Everything else I can move in and out of the (What I'm assuming is now) outdated organizer.

I have cleared my home.
Re-designed the home.
Cleared it again.

Nothing has made those 4 items show up in the actual "Design my home" mode. So I cannot access them at all.

Anyone have a solution?
I have submitted an actual customer ticket-thing in hopes of finding a more immediate solution.

Thanks. :]
Having the same issue.. Cept mines a good handful of items that are locked but don't even show in the design my house. D:

Same here BeautifulLust. It's getting annoying. It doesn't matter if I put the stuff in my "Design My Home" box thing, it still won't show up in the house when I go to design it. :
admin
This is the official housing feedback thread!

We've completely rewritten the housing editor with the latest technology, and made a number of improvements to the editor. Not only should the new editor run much better on your computer or laptop, but we've also made improvements to the housing items themselves; we have some really neat items planned for future housing updates.

Note that, if you have an old housing layout, you'll need to clear it out first before putting in new items. You only need to do this once.

It's possible that you may run into a glitch with the editor and / or particular housing items. If you do run into a glitch, please let us know in this thread. It would help if you could give us the following:

- Your operating system and browser version (i.e., Windows 7, Firefox 7.0)
- A description of the exact problem
- A screenshot (if the description is not clear)
- The particular items involved, if it seems to be a problem with only one particular item

We hope that you enjoy using the new housing as much as we enjoyed writing it!

Aged Prophet

7,000 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
eeeek! i am an old lass in desperate need of help! ..well..A question i have.

I tried to show a friend my places i made last night, and it kept freezing at the sweeping floors.
So i tried to open my house editor (to clear and redecorate) and it wouldn't load, it also kept freezing at the "Sweeping floor" am i the only one who ish having this problem? or is it being updated right now?
codemonkey37179

Just wanted to let you know that there is a big issue the past few days for MANY of us Gaians. Myself and my mules included.

Our homes no longer load. Whether we are trying to get into our Home Editor or just visit our Home the screen always reaches and gets stuck at 100%, never finishing.

There are multiple threads in the Bug Forum about this problem. Hoping to get at least an idea if this issue is known and when to expect help.

I don't know if this has anything to do with the wonderful help we've been getting in clearing out our homes that have stuck items. I doubt it since this is also affecting accounts that haven't had to have their homes cleared.

Or if this has anything to do with the upcoming updates to Towns and placing our homes in them.

Updates to Flash and clearing cache have not worked. I haven't updated my browser yet. I was able to get into my home with my current browser version before this issue happened. So that's not the problem either. Sometimes updated browsers tend to be buggy. So I hold off doing so until they've had time to debug themselves.

Until I do the newest update, here is my info...
Browser Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0

Aged Genius

Dlen Isolde
codemonkey37179

Just wanted to let you know that there is a big issue the past few days for MANY of us Gaians. Myself and my mules included.

Our homes no longer load. Whether we are trying to get into our Home Editor or just visit our Home the screen always reaches and gets stuck at 100%, never finishing.

There are multiple threads in the Bug Forum about this problem. Hoping to get at least an idea if this issue is known and when to expect help.

I don't know if this has anything to do with the wonderful help we've been getting in clearing out our homes that have stuck items. I doubt it since this is also affecting accounts that haven't had to have their homes cleared.

Or if this has anything to do with the upcoming updates to Towns and placing our homes in them.

Updates to Flash and clearing cache have not worked. I haven't updated my browser yet. I was able to get into my home with my current browser version before this issue happened. So that's not the problem either. Sometimes updated browsers tend to be buggy. So I hold off doing so until they've had time to debug themselves.

Until I do the newest update, here is my info...
Browser Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0

It should be fixed now. Let me know if it is not.

O.G. Lovergirl

How do I move my house to Town 2. When I got the announcement, I went and found some sections and then I clicked on "For Rent" and request "permission." Do I wait or something for a response to move there? Getting confused.
codemonkey37179

It should be fixed now. Let me know if it is not.

It worked. Took forever to load. I almost didn't think it was going to. But it eventually got there.

btw, I'm now on a different computer. Don't know if that makes a difference.

Now I got to run over to your Towns Thread with a new issue I'm having. XD

EDIT: You know since my new problem is about housing, I'll go ahead and include it here.

I went to place my house.

First I visited Barton to check it out. I saw a For Rent sign and clicked that. Then I thought, Hmmm maybe this is to be part of someone elses homestead. I didn't want that. I want my own place.

So I went back to the boat and tried to create my own place. Got it named, picked my house, but when I click "Go and Place Home" nothing happens.

Did I mess up when I clicked the To Rent sign earlier? Nothing else happened at the time. I haven't received any kind of notification telling me my home was placed.

I went back to visit Barton and now I don't see any signs. I think I really goofed. I'm not sure what to do next to get my own place.

New system is..
Window's Vista
Browser Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0

Feline Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Hero 100
I just somewhat redecorated my home and went to visit it in Towns 2... I noticed some layering issues and the Hearts of my left wallpaper disappeared while I did select it as it should in the editor... Here are the screenies:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Hope this is just a temporary issue... And thank you for working hard on trying to improve our little housing system... cat_3nodding

Hygienic Genius

4,700 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Dressed Up 200
- Operating system: IE
- exact problem: Loads then stops at 100%, Editor does not load.
- A screenshot: X
- The particular items involved:0 Cant even load the house to edit and put them in.

IE is and will be the only browser I use. I tried Foxfire but same result. Cleared cache, cleared cookies but still to no avail.

Fix please? 3nodding

-Hexiz

Alien Explorer

I'm having a couple of issues. First, about a week ago, my house started loading with this grey pixelly plastic looking smear covering a portion of the window. It's spreading to cover more and more area.

2nd, I tried to set up my home in towns2 just now. I followed the instructions in the help site, got to the last step, and it wouldn't place my home. I went into my house to see if it was in towns2 and that is when I found the grey smudge had worsened and I was still in towns 1.

I use Internet Explorer 9, with Windows 7. My flash is up to date.

Editing to add the smudged grey (then turned beigh) disappeared when the lights stopped glowing.

Cat

Have a guest book. In the guest book you could incorporate it into an item, like books (variety of styles open faced), a poster, a black board, a white board, a notepad, a clipboard, etc.

It would link to posting a comment on someone's profile. It'd be a good way for visitors to tell someone something after they stop by your house and incorporate it into the main site.

I also think gardens would be lovely to have in that walking space outside the house. Or on someone's house you could click to enter house or click to enter their Garden and the backdrop would be different based on the style of house and location of the person. It'd give another aspect to the site for users to enjoy and could even be a mini game to keep people where you have to periodically water your plants or they'll die like in aquariums.
Or users could have the option to put the garden on pause, ceasing and growth or possible money gain if they don't want to play or continue to plant and water.

Also in housing, items jump after you save them sometimes. It's weird. Like all of a sudden my lamp is outside of my housing or my reve ornament is off it's pillow.

Aged Explorer

My house editor doesn't load. It stops at 100%. I used IE, Chrome, and Firefox and still doesn't load. I left it for about 1.5 hours and still didn't load. :/

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff