Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cutie-Pie

The housing popup menus when you design it are clunky--the old click and drag layout was better. Also lots of items "snap" into place and I can't get them exactly where I want them to be anymore. All this together makes redesigning my house very annoying and frustrating even though I was so motivated to do it before.

Alien Explorer

codemonkey37179
True Manticore

User Image

The layering of the items is very glitchy.
I have carpets layering over furniture gonk

Please fix the layering, I spent so much gold decorating the house (cash shop items included) and I can't even enjoy the place. crying

I see it happening when items get close together, esp the carpets. I'll set aside time next week to fix things in houses.

Quote:
glengrin
Well, I am quite happy all my items are now available to load into my house. However there are still a few layering problems and when my avie entered, it was half under the rug and light.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/launch/house?&houseID=19051130

I have it set to friends only, will this be a problem viewing?

Also, the lighting effect now is rather disappointing, not what it used to be at all.

Still, I do thank you for fixing the glitch on items not appearing to be loaded; it's a huge start.

Oh four more things. The color of the lighting looks rather greenish, like cheap flourescent lighting. Can you adjust the color?

And when I am in my house and the lights come on, my avatar goes transluscent.

I thought I read you fixed the blurry text? It is blurry in my home. confused Finally the emoticon button did not work.

Ah, missed the earlier post. Have you had a chance to work on the layering problem?

XxHakaxX's Husbando

Tipsy Punching Bag

24,125 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
I have layer problems. For example, my bed appears to be under a fridge and the counter... and my door floats in the middle of the wall, and so on.

I am on Windows 7 and Firefox.

Aged Genius

Scythe de Zaran
I have layer problems. For example, my bed appears to be under a fridge and the counter... and my door floats in the middle of the wall, and so on.

I am on Windows 7 and Firefox.

The bed should have never allowed under the cabinets. It should be fixed now. I also fixed the lamp.
I have been playing around Houses a lot, and I've noticed something minor but amusing. When switching between House and Towns, the setting of music on/off sometimes switches. For example when I have music turned off in Towns, then enter a House, turn the music on and off, then exit the House, the music will be turned on again in Towns automatically.

Also if I leave the music on in Towns, but turn it off in a House, then exit the House it will be on in Towns but off again if I re-enter the House.

I'm very happy with how the items and layering in Houses seems to work from what I've seen, but there's still one item that is mysteriously glitched. (This is the only item I've observed this behavior on recently, so I don't know if it applies exclusively to it)

User Image

As soon as I cross the line into the house itself, the keys appear. If I walk outside of the house, they vanish.

User Image

Aged Genius

Roderich Edelstein
I have been playing around Houses a lot, and I've noticed something minor but amusing. When switching between House and Towns, the setting of music on/off sometimes switches. For example when I have music turned off in Towns, then enter a House, turn the music on and off, then exit the House, the music will be turned on again in Towns automatically.

Also if I leave the music on in Towns, but turn it off in a House, then exit the House it will be on in Towns but off again if I re-enter the House.

I'm very happy with how the items and layering in Houses seems to work from what I've seen, but there's still one item that is mysteriously glitched. (This is the only item I've observed this behavior on recently, so I don't know if it applies exclusively to it)

User Image

As soon as I cross the line into the house itself, the keys appear. If I walk outside of the house, they vanish.

User Image

I think you've solved the mystery of why I can never find my keys. What happens if you just put them on the counter?

Sorry for the late reply. I've been very busy with Easter.
codemonkey37179
I think you've solved the mystery of why I can never find my keys. What happens if you just put them on the counter?

(Aah, I didn't notice I was quoted ;w; )

xD Haha, that would apply to me as well. I'll ask her to try out putting them on the counter.

I have recently been hanging out in Houses with 4+ friends, and I've been noticing several bugs or issues now.

1.) One friend was completely invisible. Not even her username showed up, and I only noticed she was in the House too by her posts appearing in the log. She couldn't see me either, but everyone else could see us both. We refreshed and then it worked.

2.) After refreshing, I could no longer see the wallpaper and floor tiles of the House.

3.) Even when I refresh, I don't see avatar changes. I see my own changes, but by other users the avatar remains the old version even after refreshing multiple times.

4.) It is extremely difficult to sit down in a semi-circle when in a group (or make any other movement that requires precision). It isn't possible to turn your avatar around without taking several steps in that direction (moving you away from the spot you want to sit). If you sit down and then turn around, your avatar shifts position, so that you might end up in someone's lap or behind them.

5.) When someone enters the House, they moonwalk across the screen before moving normally.

6.) In one instance, I could only see people walk on the spot but not across the room, so I only knew where they had gone if they sat down. They would then instantly teleport from the running-on-the-spot spot to the one they had walked to. (Usually I can see people walk normally though)

These are the things I noticed so far. xD

On a sidenote, I loved the idea in the Easter flash space of slipping and falling into the craters. 3nodding Thank you for all your hard work!

Aged Genius

Roderich Edelstein
codemonkey37179

(Aah, I didn't notice I was quoted ;w wink

xD Haha, that would apply to me as well. I'll ask her to try out putting them on the counter.

I have recently been hanging out in Houses with 4+ friends, and I've been noticing several bugs or issues now.

1.) One friend was completely invisible. Not even her username showed up, and I only noticed she was in the House too by her posts appearing in the log. She couldn't see me either, but everyone else could see us both. We refreshed and then it worked.

2.) After refreshing, I could no longer see the wallpaper and floor tiles of the House.

3.) Even after refreshing, I don't see avatar changes. I see my own changes, by other users the avatar remains the old version even after refreshing multiple times.

4.) It is extremely difficult to sit down in a semi-circle when in a group (or make any other movement that requires precision). It isn't possible to turn your avatar around without taking several steps in that direction (moving you away from the spot you want to sit). If you sit down and then turn around, your avatar shifts position, so that you might end up in someone's lap or behind them.

5.) When someone enters the House, they moonwalk across the screen before moving normally.

6.) In one instance, I could only see people walk on the spot but not across the room, so I only knew where they had gone if they sat down. They would then instantly teleport from the running-on-the-spot spot to the one they had walked to. (Usually I can see people walk normally though)

On a sidenote, I loved the idea in the Easter flash space of slipping and falling into the craters. 3nodding Thank you for all your hard work!

Hi! Thanks, Easter was a fun event to make. Edy and I went through the framework after Easter was released and optimized a lot of the code to speed things up. I applied the changes to the house just a few hours ago. If you don't mind, at sometime could you go back and see what errors (hopefully none!) still exists? Thanks!
codemonkey37179
Roderich Edelstein
codemonkey37179

3.) Even after refreshing, I don't see avatar changes. I see my own changes, by other users the avatar remains the old version even after refreshing multiple times.

Hi! Thanks, Easter was a fun event to make. Edy and I went through the framework after Easter was released and optimized a lot of the code to speed things up. I applied the changes to the house just a few hours ago. If you don't mind, at sometime could you go back and see what errors (hopefully none!) still exists? Thanks!
More speed is always good. :3

I tried it out by refreshing. xD I seemed to have been brought on a new server then, because suddenly everyone was gone.

2, 4, 5, and 6 I still notice. I don't know if 3 still applies since nobody has changed their avatar.

Aged Genius

Roderich Edelstein
codemonkey37179
Roderich Edelstein
codemonkey37179

I tried it out by refreshing. xD I seemed to have been brought on a new server then, because suddenly everyone was gone.

2, 4, 5, and 6 I still notice. I don't know if 3 still applies since nobody has changed their avatar.

Really? Still moon-walking? Ok Thanks!
codemonkey37179
Roderich Edelstein
codemonkey37179
Roderich Edelstein
codemonkey37179

Really? Still moon-walking? Ok Thanks!
Hmm it might have this time been the 6. issue from the spawning point on, then teleporting instead of moonwalking. The distance was small so I'm not sure.
Ah, another curious thing I noticed. I wasn't sure if it still happens, but then it did again 5 minutes ago.

When I click my friends list, I get:

User Image__________User Image

But five of my friends are online and all of them inside a House. If I didn't already know that they are in fact online and this is where they are currenlty hanging out, I would be forever alone. xD

O.G. Lovergirl

codemonkey37179

I've taken notice these discrepancies in the Home Edit vs. the finished product when viewing your home in town.

Exhibit A-Home Editor:
User Image

Notice where the puppy I circled is located. I placed the circled pup on the cushion, yet in the Home Editor the pup has mysteriously walked closer to the kitchen. Even after I've moved him back to the cushion several times and saved it several times. The pup by the door, I had placed a tennis ball in front of him, yet in the Editor, the tennis ball has vanished despite showing up faded in the avatar section of my home inventory. I also placed a baseball on the floor in front of the second pup which was suppose to be on the cushion, yet the baseball too doesn't show on the floor despite being faded in the avatar section of my home inventory.

Exhibit B-Home Editor:
User Image

You're probably thinking I never placed the tennis ball and baseball in my home and saved it. Well, yes I did and the Home Editor shows they are placed in the home (they are faded), yet they are invisible on the floor. They become visible again in my inventory only if I clear my home and start from scratch, which I don't want to do. gonk

Exhibit C-Visiting my home in Towns:
User Image
Note: photo was taken before the most recent glitch of the walls and floors disappearing in towns.

This again proves I did save my house correctly, with yellow tennis ball in front of first pup and baseball in front of second pup which is on the cushion. Yet, the Home Editor is showing a different pic. [See Exhibits A & B]

Aged Genius

ICESYS
codemonkey37179

I've taken notice these discrepancies in the Home Edit vs. the finished product when viewing your home in town.

Exhibit A-Home Editor:
User Image

Notice where the puppy I circled is located. I placed the circled pup on the cushion, yet in the Home Editor the pup has mysteriously walked closer to the kitchen. Even after I've moved him back to the cushion several times and saved it several times. The pup by the door, I had placed a tennis ball in front of him, yet in the Editor, the tennis ball has vanished despite showing up faded in the avatar section of my home inventory. I also placed a baseball on the floor in front of the second pup which was suppose to be on the cushion, yet the baseball too doesn't show on the floor despite being faded in the avatar section of my home inventory.

Exhibit B-Home Editor:
User Image

You're probably thinking I never placed the tennis ball and baseball in my home and saved it. Well, yes I did and the Home Editor shows they are placed in the home (they are faded), yet they are invisible on the floor. They become visible again in my inventory only if I clear my home and start from scratch, which I don't want to do. gonk

Exhibit C-Visiting my home in Towns:
User Image
Note: photo was taken before the most recent glitch of the walls and floors disappearing in towns.

This again proves I did save my house correctly, with yellow tennis ball in front of first pup and baseball in front of second pup which is on the cushion. Yet, the Home Editor is showing a different pic. [See Exhibits A & B]

I just went to this link http://www.gaiaonline.com/launch/house?&houseID=2739541

And everything seems to be where you said it should be. When did you take the pictures?

O.G. Lovergirl

codemonkey37179

I just went to this link http://www.gaiaonline.com/launch/house?&houseID=2739541

And everything seems to be where you said it should be. When did you take the pictures?

When u went to the link to my house, you did notice there were no walls and floors? I'm not the only house experiencing this glitch, it's all the homes.

I took the picture of my house Saturday night (4/7/12) and everything was fine. My complaint is about the Home Editor, where the puppy is in a different place and some items are missing (despite them being in my home). That is why I included pics to show you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff