13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
Flip of a page
Stroke of a Pen
A breath of apprehension
A world of imagination,

Imagine black space, no stars, no planets, no life. A spark off in the distance, a wave of energy sending debris in all directions. A small rock slowly forming into a planet. The planet spins and rotates around a bright star. Water forms underneath the atmosphere creating streams, rivers, lakes, and oceans. Life begins.

You have just witnessed the birth of a new world

Writers Of All Kinds is a safe haven for all kinds of writers. Poetry, novels, songs, anything you can create with words. Edit or be edited, critique or be critiqued, create or witness the creation. All is up to you.

Fear not, for we are a family of writers; we do not hate, we do not troll, we do not disapprove. We accept all who join. However, any who disrupt the creation will be removed. Be warned, we defend our siblings and will not tolerate haters and trolls.

Does your character have voice that needs to be heard? Do you have a story that must be told. Then join us.

Give us your eye and your ears.
See the action.
Hear the voice
Join us and
Witness the birth of a new realm

Ruthless Prophet

9,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
That was a beautiful way to express the joy of writing. I'm really impressed biggrin

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
Kuranya
That was a beautiful way to express the joy of writing. I'm really impressed biggrin
Thank you. I wasn't sure if it was enough or if it was too much. However, I am happy with it.

Invisible Sweetheart

The pages feel smooth
And fragile in my hands.
Time to escape
To my own distant lands.

Words jump off pages
And fly before my eyes.
I see far away places
And big blue skies.

Characters seem like friends
That I have known forever.
So many different traits
Like kind, brave, and clever.

Page after page
I dive deeper and deeper.
Until I must resurface
And decide this ones a keeper.

This may not be about writing but oh well.

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
Girl on Fire 12
The pages feel smooth
And fragile in my hands.
Time to escape
To my own distant lands.

Words jump off pages
And fly before my eyes.
I see far away places
And big blue skies.

So many different traits

Page after page
Until I must resurface

Love it!

Invisible Sweetheart

Snowblazer
Girl on Fire 12
The pages feel smooth
And fragile in my hands.
Time to escape
To my own distant lands.

Words jump off pages
And fly before my eyes.
I see far away places
And big blue skies.

So many different traits

Page after page
Until I must resurface

Love it!

Haha thanks. I thought I posted it in the guild but I guess not.

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
Bump for writing!!!

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
I have a secret. A secret I have told no one. A secret I will tell as the tale itself emerges. I have two journals. In one, I will write my life in this world. The other, will hold my adventures on the other world. That’s right, I said other world. I am not from this world. I do not belong in the other. I have no place to call my own. No heritage to claim. No path to follow. So, I will forge my own path. I will create my own heritage. I will make a home to call my own, whether in this world or the other. No one will stop me. Nothing will break me. I will succeed. –Page one of Alyssa (Aliciea) Baaschs ‘Journal.

The first journal was found lying next to her right hand, which was stretched out towards it. Most of her blood had seeped out of her body. She was lying face down; a hole in her chest is where her life drained away. There was no murder weapon to be found. To our disbelief, the coroner said a sword or some other large blade had killed her. However, there was no sword to be found, neither on her property nor on any of the neighboring properties. Her death was a mystery. Discovery of her journals deepened the mystery.

Some theorize Alyssa suffered from Multiple Personality Disorder. Others say she was just crazy. A few however, took her words to heart. I, the Author, am one of those people. I knew Alyssa. We were friends, we grew up together. Alyssa was not the kind of person to make up stories or to tell lies. She was honest to a fault, a little naïve, and she was more stubborn than a brick wall. There was always an air of mystery about her. Her eyes, even when smiling, held secrets. I remember her disappearing off the face of the Earth for months at a time. No one knew where she went. No one had seen her, heard from her, some didn’t even notice she was gone. Her disappearances held no pattern. You would never know when she would leave. That is why I believe every word she wrote down is true.

Alyssa had no family in this world. Her Guardian’s passed away during her freshman year of high school. Strange enough, she listed me as her next of kin. I could not refuse. It was an honor really. The day after her funeral I started cleaning her house. She left it to me. However, I was not quite ready to move in. Her death shattered my heart. I couldn’t even plan her funeral. I thank my parents for helping me through it all.

I started in the attic and worked my way down. It took me a month to reach the basement. I didn’t expect to find anything as I found nothing out of the ordinary in the rest of the house. In the basement on a desk in the corner, laid a journal. The same passage in the first journal was written on the first page of the second journal. On the last page she had wrote an incantation with instructions. At first I thought she was into black magic. Then as I read on, I found the truth.

Alyssa was born in a different world. A world connected to our world. She visited it often. Sometimes for months at a time. Other times it was just a weekend visit. Her last trip was in fact her last. In the second to last page she wrote: I fear this may be my last trip. I will die on either side. For that reason I have written down the incantation and recipe to travel to this world so that one day someone, anyone, will have the courage to finish what I have started.-

After reading her journals I decided to write this book. I have talked to everyone who knew her. In both worlds. Through their words, her journals, and what I know, I will piece together her story and write it down for all to read. All to hear. All to feel.

I have inherited her homes. I have walked her path. I have taken on her heritage. I will stop those who stopped her. I will break those who have broken her. I will succeed where she has failed.

Our story needs to be told. Our words need to be read. Our hope needs to be felt in the hearts of everyone. Otherwise, all would have been in vain.

My story begins where her story has ended.

My name is Demetrius Lyne.

This is our story.

Read on in guild!

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100

This is from my current Novel called Where Shadows Abound - Book 1 of a three part series... It is the prelude to the actual story... please forgive the misspelling, grammar and word issues. It is still under construction...

"My name is, Shay'd.
It has been nearly five hundred years, stuck in the darkness of night. Torn from the sun that would fill me with warmth. I do not remember the feeling of the sun on my skin, nor the light it brought to my eyes at sunrise. No. Now, what brought me life before brings only death to me now.
I have moved from land to land, crossed seas and oceans, always searching for some hint of hope that this darkness would end for me, that this cruel night would end. But have not found it. I have served as a slave to the ruthless leaders of the Valkrien, what humans call Vampires.
But something must change, it must. For in all my years on this earth, I have never seen change and hope vanish for those that we prey upon. I know that my freedom is out there, waiting to be found.
This is my story, this is how I went from human to Valkrien, a monster of the night. Feared by all who would know me..."

~*EssieKins*~

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100
People Fear the Future. They cling to their memories of the past

This is an idea a member gave away in our Ideas Graveyard. Any plots, characters, quotes, etc that you don't want, just post in there and someone will adopt it.

I adopted this plot and changed it very little, mainly I put them on two different worlds. It is just the summary though.

Enjoy

~~It is said that everyone has a twin, whether you were born with one or not. There is someone, somewhere that looks just like you. What about Soul Twins? Can a soul get so experienced that it splits into two? Would they look alike? Think alike? Act alike? Science may never prove this phenomenon. However, to Artemis and Diana nothing needs to be proved.

~~They are not Angels or Demons, or any other mythical creature. Artemis and Diana share the same soul root. Born on different worlds for a single task, never knowing of either’s existence or the soul and destiny they shared. It happened slowly, over the course of several months darkness spread across the worlds infecting many, leaving few alive. Only light could conquer the darkness and bring color to lives clinging to edge.

~~Dark worlds starving for light. Light that could only be brought by them. One soul. One destiny. One chance. Time is running out.

Finding solace only in the Arms of Time

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100

Devoted Friend

13,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Befriended 100

Quick Reply