Total Votes:[ 11 ]
1 2 3 >

User Image

Total Members :: 3723
Entry Fee :: 0
Forum Type :: Private
Established :: July 31, 2004
Guild Owner :: Your Akina

The name pretty much speaks for itself, doesn't it? It tells you what we are: a literate roleplaying guild. But it doesn't tell you what we are: a friendly community of creative writers with doors wide open to everyone with a similar view of roleplaying. That we're an established guild nearing its 7th anniversary and the 4k member mark. That we're here to have fun and make friends before anything else.

While other 'literate roleplaying' guilds have come and gone, we are here to stay. Roleplay when you're in the mood. Socialize when you're not. Meet new people, exchange ideas, make threads, join threads, enter contests. Most of all: have fun. That's it. No fancy recruitment speel, no massive requirement list. Come check the guild out and see for yourself what we're about and what we offer. We are open to the public until April, so come hang out in our social thread and get to know folks before deciding if you'd like to drop a join request.
Come check out some of our events!

events have ended! thank you to all who participated!

Ever wonder what people are saying about The Literate Roleplaying Guild?

Visual Delusion
This place is completely free of the smut that is Barton. Seriously, you won't get raped here.

But honestly, I love this place. The people are great, friendly despite my asshattery. Most of the writers here are exceptional, and if you're in need of an epic roleplay, here's the place to look.

Feigning_Innocence
Lesse....

I've gone through 3 accounts in 5 years, not by choice mind you, and I've been in a lot of RPing guilds. I won't name names here or anything, that's just rude, but this is the first time I've found a guild that has such lit. people. Not once have I thought, 'God, I don't want to RP with that person,' or 'Their writing is awkward.'

Moon Alucard
Okay, okay, okay…

I’ve been a member of the LRPG for two or three years now. Compared with Barton Town, the chance to get to roleplay with talented, friendly people is exponentially higher. So far, my experience here has been great, and the connections you form with long-time members are invaluable. The LRPG is far more active than any other literate guild I’ve been in, and the place is excellently run and highly organized. I would recommend this guild to anyone who truly enjoys role playing with a high level of literacy.

Rawr.

dryYourtears
Let's see...
Though I haven't been here the longest, I've been here long enough to know that this is different that some of the other RP guilds I've been in.
It strives for literate writing, not only claims to do so.
Proper grammar, spelling, length, etc.
Also, the people here are very nice :3
Finally, things don't move too fast here.
Too many times have I joined an RP elsewhere, only having to back out because people seem to be posing right after another, while I'm offline.
Posts here are more thought out, less rapid fire, ya know?

AlskaNoelle
Well, I've only done one roleplay in this guild so far, but I like how every new profile I get is always impressive, and everyone's posts are detailed and keep the story going. It's nice not to have to always say "Keep it moving", "At least ten sentences guys!", "No quoting!", etc...

sweatdrop

Lappy
I've been apart of the guild for a little over a year and I feel at home here. I think it's the largest gathering of people who actually know how to make a good roleplay on Gaia. There are lots of different types of roleplays to choose from and if you want to create your own, it's usually accepted. The best part is the feedback and advice - I've built so many plots with people on here and have been totally absorbed in a roleplay because of others' participation. Since the rules are set out from the beginning, there's no need to reiterate common sense rules and the roleplays move at a good pace. Sometimes things can be a little slow, but that's because everyone here has a life and that just makes their writing better.

Detective Cactuar
It's hard to believe this guild is still around, and if there's one thing I can say about it, it just doesn't know how to go away. Really though, it's not surprising, considering not only the quality of the guild itself but the staff as well. I've been here off and on (mostly off due to school) since around the time this guild was created under various names but every time I return I'm impressed (and slightly overwhelmed) by the sheer volume and diversity of threads that are here in the LRPG. The staff is always professional and helpful, and I don't think there's any questioning their dedication seeing as the guild has been here for almost 7 years, which is a unique and actually quite impressive quality to have considering pretty much everything else that's prominent here on Gaia usually vanishes or becomes irrelevant in a few years at best. While it may take some users a while to get used to the guild, it's really like a home on Gaia that feels oddly familiar when you return, even years later. It's definitely worth at least a look, and I'm sure if you give it a chance you'll stick around for a while.

Dreiyan
I've been here for thereabouts of two years. I've branched into other Guilds while maintaining my membership here, and you know what? I always keep coming back.

My experience with other guilds:

Troll-infested (varying from your average flamer to " LAWL!1!!1! TH1S RP SUX Y R U EVEN B0RN?11!!!" wink

Bad/ Un-trained RPers who are not getting any better because they aren't being corrected : Yeah... Mary Sues/ Gary Stus, G-modders, autoers, one-liners, (*)star(*) people, and all the like fall into this. It's not necessarily bad if you are ignorant, but until you get better, it is kinda inconvenient to RP with ya.

1 page wonders/ A fantastically short-lived guild: With the equivalent of losing a piece of my heart to some amazing ideas, I've joined up to several guilds with extreme motivation, only to find that they fall apart relatively quickly. I come to value the stability/ sanity of a guild very highly nowadays.

(( It's sad when you've been a part of so many Guilds and RP's that have died that you can keep a running list of them. Or go to a guild that has a 'Graveyard' thread absolutely clogged with RPs and Characters))

My Experience Here:

This place is the literate safe-haven people. We've got the brains, the maturity, and the overall good structure to satisfy a wide range of RPers. I've never been more happy to Roleplay here. I agree with all the previous posts and Lappy as well about "the largest gathering of people who actually know how to make a good roleplay on Gaia."

Let's see, in my two years or so here, I've had a total of... 2 troll/ undesirable person encounters within this guild. They were both quickly resolved and I couldn't recall the names of said trolls if I tried, that's how insignificant it was. Try boasting that much within Barton people, this is paradise.

::: To the viewers of this thread ::: Seriously, I could go on for 4+ paragraphs about how great this place is. If you consider yourself 'Literate' and love to RP, why the heck aren't you in here?

T_trees_T
I consider this guild really high-class, and was really happy when I found that I got accepted. I've only been in here for around a month or so? Other guilds are usually unorganized or bold and childish. I'd been looking for a guild that actually seemed official and had a system that keeps things organized. It's not too colorful either. There are no neon colors (not really, anyway) to advertise this and that and no exclamations and opinionated sections. My experience has been... overwhelming. I'd been waiting for around a year or so before I try to join this guild, and then I read the average posts of the roleplayers here, and my jaw just drops. I'm thinking, "How am I suppose to write like them?" and "How do they find all this stuff to say?"

Stingdragon
What do I like most about this guild?
It's sophisticated simplicity.

There are no a dussin sub forums for different types of games, Rps, chittchatt, pictures and all other things that really isn't necessary for the thing we are all in here to do. Roleplay.
I have been invited to guilds many times that are Rp realted only to say nay to the invite because they are just a jumbled mess of over achivement.
And a lot of times guilds claim that they are strict with the rules and that they are literate but in the Literate Roleplaying Guild it is not just fancy words. It is reality.

My personal adventures on Gaia would not have been very enjoyable if I had not found this guild way back in 06. As Gaia became more commercial this was the haven for me to sneak into and get away from it all. It is this guild that stops me from just giving up on gaia all together. No... For me this guild IS gaia. I don't care about the other stuff as long as I can continue writing in here.

Speaking of writing! Mine was... subpar at best in the begining. If I could read the text I wrote for the aplication, I would surley laugh and cringe at the same time.
Looking back at the really early days I think it is a wonder that I wasn't kicked out during those first months.
But all the nice (and very very paitent) people in this guild has helped me improve my english writing ten fold or more.

This is really getting longwinded now but when I think about it I just can't stop praising this guild. It is just that good.
Thank you to all the people I have been playing aginst during these years! Even the ones that have left gaia and never looked back. Thank you all!

Kilarra
LRPG is the best roleplaying guild on Gaia. Period.

The rules are simple, but enforced. The quality of roleplays exceeds anything I've seen in the Barton Town forums and any of the numerous other roleplaying guilds I've dipped into over the years. The forum structure is straightforward and proves you don't need a thousand ugly subforums forcing your roleplays into narrow genre categories and splitting your roleplayer base into tiny pockets of activity. You won't be harassed for inactivity by the guild mods when you have other stuff to do, but you will be rewarded for engaging in the guild, through great roleplaying experiences and maybe even winning a guild award from time to time for your roleplaying contribution.

The roleplayer quality here is top-notch and the only reason you'll need to approve applications to your roleplay is because of the overflow of talent that could potentially populate it. The members have a vibrant mix of genre interests, so chances are you'll find someone who wants to roleplay the same thing that you do, and they're all just as enthused about roleplaying as you should be. You'll find people whose styles range from the wordy to the deliberately economic, but rest assured, it's all literate.

In short, what the hell are you waiting for? scream

[.Chiaroscuro.]
After going to my profile and doing a bit of math and history checking, I've realized a few things:

1. Holy crap I'm going on 6 years on this site (yeah, there was a sort of large break between my past roleplaying days and current roleplaying days... There was a point where I didn't come on Gaia for like, a year perhaps)
2. Most of (if not all of) the time spent on Gaia has been here, if not actively participating, then lurking about at everyone else's writing.
3. Holy crap, I really sucked at writing when I first got here. sweatdrop I mean, I was good enough to get in obviously, but wow how my storytelling abilities have improved since even that point. Mostly I attribute this to you fellow writers here. Through reading everyone's creative posts and noting their unique way of painting pictures I've discovered new and interesting ways of expressing my own viewpoint better.

Tasariel
This guild is kind of a treasure, to me. I'm in a few roleplaying guilds, and I appreciate all of them for different reasons. This one has spawned a few of the shorter (but literate) roleplays that I have REALLY found to be interesting and enjoyable. I lurk a lot here, when I've grown completely disgusted with Barton Town's lack of originality and literacy (or the occasional over-literacy). This guild is a great resource for anyone looking outside of the main slew. Instead of spending hours on Barton Town looking for roleplays that aren't full of one-liners, it usually only takes a few seconds to check here and see if there's anything good. That's really helpful to me in particular, because I'm really picky about roleplays and I really WILL spend hours in Barton Town because none of the roleplays at the moment are literate, or if they are they're about 20 pages in, or they're full, or they require you to do inordinate amounts of reading of backstory/character interrelationships, and even math or geography to figure out what the heck is going on in the roleplay before you even roleplay! This is a great way to escape all of that for a bit.

As compared to other guilds... This place is pretty decent. I believe it requires a sample? Which in some ways is good, because it weeds out the people who just aren't ready. I'm also a member of The School of Dedicated Roleplayers though, and I think that they've got a decent idea with the 'school' bit. Teaching people how to improve is always good. However, for their purposes, this guild does a good job of keeping the people who will bring down the literacy and enjoyment of the thread out. This is certainly much better than a lot of the genre guilds I've seen, like the 'naruto roleplaying guild' or something. Usually it's disorganized, out of control, and only survives because they have people who are so dedicated to the genre that they don't want to let go of whatever one-liner roleplays they're in, or if they FIND a decent roleplay, who would WANT to give that up? But yes, this guild has seemed to strike a good balance between these things, and fulfills its niche pretty well, I think.

I think it's clear that my experience has been pretty good. I like it here a lot. I really haven't kept track of how long I've been here, but it's been a while. This is just the perspective from someone who checks here often, and really likes what she sees! smile

*long-winded post over*

Chuck Poon
This guild might not look like anything special. We all know about the plethora of roleplaying guilds out there on Gaia. What makes this one any more special than the others, right? Well, that’s what I once believed anyway. That was until I started a roleplay here. I have never had a more positive experience in my nine years of roleplaying than I have had in this guild. Granted, I have encountered a few gems in Barton Town; however, I have never experienced such a consistent writer’s high as I have in this fine guild. Here in the Literate Roleplaying Guild, there are many competent writers with so much to bring to the table. We all share such diverse tastes and styles – there is a right fit for all here. I love it!

Kalon Ordona II
It's the largest literate safe haven on Gaia.
It's stood the test of time.
How do you think it did that? Sure wasn't from being anything less than what it claimed to be.

Even if you're in other literate guilds, Join This Guild. Supporting this guild is supporting the greatest champion of literacy on Gaia, as far as I have seen.

Make some literate role-plays here.
Join some literate role-plays here.
Make some literate friends.
That's what you want, right?

It's all right here, waiting for you, living for us all. biggrin
take two: GO!

Shirtless Autobiographer

8,850 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
So this is where we need to be?

Unbeatable Phantom

8,750 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Champion 300
Don't miss out, O wandering literate Gaians ye!
Come check us out!

Invisible Gaian

10,175 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
XD Relocated, yay!

Invisible Gaian

10,175 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100