Welcome to Gaia! ::

Salty Sleuth

Letter
                  Dear ________,

Don't worry about anyone looking over your shoulder. Only those with magic in their veins can read the true contents. Mundanes (nonmagic folk) will only see an ordinary letter to one's lover. You have been accepted to the Academy of Merlin. We are a prestigious school famous for protecting the sacred oak tree in which Merlin was trapped by Vivienne, his treacherous apprentice. You will find enclosed the Academy of Merlin Handbook, a list of school supplies, and directions to the school itself. We hope to see you at the start of the new semester!

In the case that you are from a mundane household, we will send another letter shortly after this one, saying you have won a scholarship to a highly prestigious academy, shortly for you to show to your parents.

-- Headmaster Louis Soulstone

The Weekly Parchment
                  ELFSLAYER STRIKES AGAIN
                  Another elf was found dead today, and authorities quickly established it was the work of the infamous Elfslayer, a serial killer that has been quite busy over the last few months. The Elfslayer has already taken over a dozen lives, and this reporter is sure there are more that the authorities refuse to give details on.

"This Elfslayer is difficult to find, because they don't leave behind any evidence at the crime scene," said Luke Nethercrest, head investigator, known for heading the Blood Pact investigation a couple years ago. "Elves are advised to hide their ears and travel in groups for safety until further notice.

A curfew has been established for elves, though there has been discussion of extending it to half-elves as well.

Nethercrest has assured that the Elfslayer crimes will not affect the Academy of Merlin, but with the Academy's history, one can only wonder...

I know what you're thinking: Another Harry Potter ripoff. But hear me out!

The Academy of Merlin is a semi-lit RP guild designed to be a streamlined, fast-paced RP experience. We use both forums and Towns to RP, so you can pick which suits you! Our curriculum offers several options, so you can choose to be anything from a healer to an alchemist. There are also four hub areas to explore - the school itself, a town nearby, a forest, and even an underground tunnel system! The world is designed to be an interesting, diverse place, allowing for a ton of creative freedom. Finally, we are a welcoming environment of all sexualities, genders, and ethnicities, so any and all are welcome to the Academy!

With a flexible curriculum, an incredibly diverse world, and dragons, you just can't go wrong!

School doesn't start for a while, but students are already arriving for the new year. You can check us out here.

Support us and put our banner in your signature!

User Image
            [url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds-home/academy-of-merlin/g.342419/][img]http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z375/Jennyss729/Graphics/am-guildbanner1_zps83480832.png[/img][/url]

Rules
            1. Stick to the ToS, of course.
            2. Please don't be rude to people. Common courtesy, man.
            3. Don't hesitate to ask questions! o: I love to answer these.
            4. Quote me for my attention.

Tipsy Bloodsucker

13,600 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Zeriari's Partner

So incredibly excited. smile

Salty Sleuth

Bump~! I should probably clarify: You're free to join and apply now, but roleplaying won't start until August 1st.

Salty Sleuth

Bump~! Opens for RP tomorrow!

Tipsy Bloodsucker

13,600 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Salty Sleuth

Bump! We open for RP today!

Salty Sleuth

Questionable Conversationalist

Salty Sleuth