Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Codger

Don't know if anyone has heard, but Tom Hanks (of all people!) put together a team of people to do an animated show. It's called Electric City and the finale is tomorrow. Future Utopia (or possibly dystopia) where all the energy is green and heavily regulated. The episodes are all about 5 minutes long, there are currently 15 out, and the last one airs tomorrow evening. Give it a look!

Also: God Bless America. Hilarious.
Duuudes. I know we've been advertising elsewhere, but I can't wait for the SDRP Summer Games to really get going!

For those who are unaware of the SDRP Summer Event:
You guys like fighting? Blood and guts? Or maybe just being in the audience? You can either join in the writing contest (where you are fighting to win prizes and the title of best fighter) or just walk in as part of the audience (and you can talk to anyone in the audience or cheer on your favorite writer/fighter). I can't wait to see how the fighters do and how the audience will react. whee

Distinct Hunter

We need more RP ideas!

And just more RPs in general, we have a pretty active 1v1 community growing, so if you just want to kick back with one other player that's good times.

I'm all about the money.

And truthfully, I really want the Academy to come back up underway.

People should take history!
The Academy is on summer break for the event but will be coming back in a BIG way this fall. We'll be offering another PSY 101 (Character building) class and a POL 101 (Game mechanics and GMing). If we get enough students interested we may open up other classes.

And don't forget the Summer Event, open and under way!
That Summer Event thing looks pretty cool!

Do you have any good sci-fi RPs that are accepting new members?
Hmmm, I'd suggest looking at Elsewhere: In the Land of Lost Things. It's not strictly sci-fi, but it can incorporate sci-fi elements into it (mostly because it's a place that can incorporate any genre it wants, be it detective noir or action, sci-fi or fantasy). I hope this helps you at least a little bungoosekey!
Hm. . . we are a bit lacking on sci-fi at the moment. There is a Firefly (as in Serenity) RP in the works that should be starting after the event wraps up and we've got a sort of sci-fi Noir waiting to go in Arkwright City then a Mass Effect one that seems to be waiting on players to start.
Those look cool. I love Firefly!

I'll try to check out the event then come back after to find those RPs once they get started.
Also, although I guess it's not strictly sci-fi (arguments can be made), Cinders of the Future is rolling and has space for more - it's a post-apocalyptic Pokémon-based RP, and new blood would totally be welcome!

Distinct Hunter

wonder if we could roleplay in here too....hmmmmmm
Hmm, possibly though we don't want to alienate anyone from asking questions.
It probably wouldn't be good to roleplay here. But now that you've brought it up, Jikial, what exactly were you thinking of RPing here?
Whooooooooo, finally ended work. Was intense, but fun. Now I can start actually doin' stuff beyond mere proof-of-concept with Multimedia Fusion and stepping up RP involvement.
We absolutely could roleplay here. Just. Not like, intense roleplay. By the way, just 'cuz I shamelessly plug, I wasn't lying about Cinders stepping back up, so those of you who're involved, I've told you once and this is a reminder to everyone else as well: we're goin' again!
Maybe a very casual hangout RP? But we'd need to be sure to stay open to questions and such.

Anyone have ideas?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces